Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Off Topic Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I'm not pretending we are geniuses for picking Seattle. I actually picked SF over Seattle in the NFC Championship. I'm just saying this inst luck. The biggest bettors in the world make their money on the NFL, so it can be beat
    I kind of agree with you. I used to place bet on hockey as here in Canada, hockey is #1 sport. The thign with hockey if that the #1 team in the league could play a game agains'nt the worst team in the league, and the best team will lose 5-0. It happens regularly pretty much every night. There is no sure thing in hockey. As in Football, usually, if Denver are playing jacksonville, there is no way that Jacksonville will win 40-0. usually (not always), the best team wins.
    Same thing could be said in soccer ..... A soccer game can oftenly end 1-0 ... so let's say a really bad team are just lucky to score one goal from far away agains't the best team in the league, the game could easily end this way.
    IMO footbal is probably the easiest team sport to bet and make money on

From my observations over the past couple of years on NFL/NBA/MLB, when there is a big game on or a game on Network TV (MNF, SNF, playoff games, Thursday night NBA on TNT, etc), the public is usually on the losing side of the ATS (against the spread) bet.

Also Luke, you say you pay zero attention to who the public is on, but in a sense you probably did it unintentionally during the NFL season. Remember the NFL thread you posted with the "trap lines"? All of these trap lines that seemed "too easy" was heavily backed by the public. I don't remember if you actually bet the opposite side of the trap lines, but I do remember you keeping a tallying record and it was at a winning percentage. That was basically "fading the public" in a sense. I heavily believe in trap lines for what it is worth as well. In fact, in these "trap line" games that the public won...they were on the verge of losing until some crazy flukey place or a meltdown in the last 5 minutes of the game (no luca fury here).

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post

Also Luke, you say you pay zero attention to who the public is on, but in a sense you probably did it unintentionally during the NFL season. Remember the NFL thread you posted with the "trap lines"? All of these trap lines that seemed "too easy" was heavily backed by the public. I don't remember if you actually bet the opposite side of the trap lines, but I do remember you keeping a tallying record and it was at a winning percentage. That was basically "fading the public" in a sense. I heavily believe in trap lines for what it is worth as well. In fact, in these "trap line" games that the public won...they were on the verge of losing until some crazy flukey place or a meltdown in the last 5 minutes of the game (no luca fury here).

I bet some of the games in that thread, but not all. I was going by lopsided money, not public percentages. I remember one game I posted that you and chico said was almost a 50/50 split but the money was very lopsided towards one team.They are both still against the public, just a different ways. I was tracking it mostly to see how it did.

When I said I don't pay attention to who the public is on I meant it doesn't factor into my betting. I remember one Sunday night game this year Chicago was playing at Pitt with the Bears being a -2.5 away favorite . People were pounding the Bears and yet the line never moved, so a lot of people though Pitt was the play. I bet Chicago anyway and I believe they won easily. If I like a game, I'm going to bet it whether the public is on it or not.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Anyways, Luke and I are moving on to NASCAR. See you guys from the top of our mansion.

Anyways, Luke and I are moving on to NASCAR. See you guys from the top of our mansion.

Bol, Nascar.

Fuck it .Lets do it

Edmann
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Degenerates. Every last one of you.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Rousey/Gustafsson/Jones is -125. I do not see how this does not win. Thoughts?

Rousey/Gustafsson/Jones is -125. I do not see how this does not win. Thoughts?
    I like this homie, Ill be on this.

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I would eat her butthole.

Thiago Silva has gone nuts . Apparently, hes at home right now with an AK-47 surrounded by SWAT

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/A...244110121.html
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Thiago Silva has gone nuts . Apparently, hes at home right now with an AK-47 surrounded by SWAT

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/A...244110121.html
    Sometimes these things happen in MMA.

A little more info here. Supposedly the police took him into custody. http://www.bjpenn.com/thiago-silva-t...f-inside-home/

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Sometimes these things happen in MMA.

A little more info here. Supposedly the police took him into custody. http://www.bjpenn.com/thiago-silva-t...f-inside-home/
    LMAO at the Gus Johnson reference...

I wonder if he is going to make weight or pass his drug test at UFC 171.

Rumors are that Thiago Silva's wife was fucking someone from their gym LOL

Rumors are that Thiago Silva's wife was fucking someone from their gym LOL
    I heard it was Matt Serra?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    She likes midgets?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

She likes midgets?
    LOL yup. thats why He was so mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    Apparently it was Pablo Popovitch, which is disappointing to me because I kind of liked Popovitch. He is a very good grappler, way better than Silva (though a lot smaller and not an MMA fighter so would undoubtedly get his ass kicked by Silva). Popovitch is the guy that tapped Ben Askren out at ADCC in like 20 seconds. I really thought Popovitch was a smarter guy than to be going after the same tail as a psycho like Silva... you know that bitch is nuts if she married Silva.

Anyway, I hope Silva goes to prison, Popovitch goes out of business (way too much of this stuff happening at BJJ gyms), and his wife gets an STD.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u