Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: METAMORIS III March 29th

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I understand. Its a pride thing.

Does bravo even know how to strike though......for a MMA fight?
    I doubt it. Eddie would kill Royce in a BJJ match. Royce would kill Eddie in MMA though. So, basically, I really hope they don't make this happen in any venue.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I doubt it. Eddie would kill Royce in a BJJ match. Royce would kill Eddie in MMA though. So, basically, I really hope they don't make this happen in any venue.
    I'd watch wither one
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I would like to see bravo best royce in bjj. Ive noticed the delusional aspect about the gracies. Renzo used to refer t himself as the fucking legend. I am the legend, renzo gracie. Royce always looks so arrogant. I know who they are and that they are important and all but i dont really like the arrogance. They act like the are kings.

I know you dont like bravo scientist but i never really had an issue with him. Yeah maybe he is more ofna business man than anything else and he makes cheesy music but hes never come off as a dick. Never been arrogant or anything. Hes just a little odd.
    1 unit = 300 $

Well maybe im being harsh about renzo. Hes pretty cool just maybe a little nuts.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I would like to see bravo best royce in bjj. Ive noticed the delusional aspect about the gracies. Renzo used to refer t himself as the fucking legend. I am the legend, renzo gracie. Royce always looks so arrogant. I know who they are and that they are important and all but i dont really like the arrogance. They act like the are kings.

I know you dont like bravo scientist but i never really had an issue with him. Yeah maybe he is more ofna business man than anything else and he makes cheesy music but hes never come off as a dick. Never been arrogant or anything. Hes just a little odd.
    I don't really dislike Bravo himself. I dislike his 10th planet cult-like following and the fact that he gets way more credit that he deserves in terms of accomplishments. The reality is that he never won anything in BJJ. He beat Royler when Royler was 38, that's it (he got destroyed in the next round by Leo Viera). He didn't even use his "system" in that match. I thought Eddie did really well in the Metamoris match, much better than anyone thought he would do. It doesn't mean anything in terms of overall BJJ community though. I just dislike all the dishonest hype, not so much Eddie himself, who does usually come off pretty well in interviews and has given nothing but credit to the Gracie clan, and Jean Jacques Machado. I love JJM, one of my all time favorite grapplers, and I learned a ton from him in a couple of seminars.

I dislike Royce more than Bravo tbh, if they were to fight, I would root for Eddie or a double knockout. I really don't like the Gracie clan, from all accounts Helio was a terrible human being. I don't like Royce, I don't like Rickson. I do like Royler, but he made an ass of himself in that match- fighting dirty, trying to get out of the bad spot on the reset. Renzo, I have never met, but everyone just says he is crazy for real, not just a douche like his brothers. I dislike the Torrance Gracie Academy much more than 10th Planet.

They are way worse than 10thp about making up ridiculous lies and selling out. The main difference is that they (Gracie clan, Gracie Academy) actually did accomplish something, whereas 10th Planet still has not produced a single top calibur grappler. Personality wise and in terms of respect for the men themselves, I am not a fan of the Gracies (I am talking about Helio and his sons, not the new generation guys). But in terms of what they accomplished, I respect that.

As for Bravo vs. Royce, I don't even think it would be competitive. Royce is a lot bigger though, so who knows. I don't even try to argue that Royce is as good a grappler as Eddie. Eddie is better at sport BJJ, its a fact.

What stories have you heard about helio? id love to hear them if you have time to write them out.
    1 unit = 300 $

Just the normal stuff you hear- he had several families at the same time (Rickson is the maid's son), he supposedly said some pretty terrible things to people after Rolls died, can't remember who exactly, but it had something to do with none of his legitimate kids being nearly as good as Rolls and Rickson and he couldn't hack that. He also had the Gracie family trait of pride that goes so far it is obvious denial (he still claimed he was undefeated even though there is a video of him getting beaten by Kimura). He would not acknowledge that as a loss. Also, he was supposedly a really bad thug (not the weakling the propaganda spins him to be) and would regularly beat people up or have his clan. I have heard he killed some people in Brazil as well. All around POS by most measures.

That said, a lot of pioneers are supremely flawed people.

Tell me more about the clan attacks and murders.
    1 unit = 300 $

I don't have anything specific to tell you. An old guy from the old days in Brazil just told me some stories, and he said that Helio killed a guy on a bus once right in front of him. It may not even be true. I have heard about the beatings from a lot of sources though, and I don't even think they thought it was a big deal. I will say that I have not heard a lot of positive things about his character other than from the Gracie Academy and his kids.