Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: .

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I did but im giving it up. One week in now.
    good for you man, Hope you kick this habit.

My brother OD'd a month ago with Herion, he was pretty much written off for Dead they called us to come say good bye, etc. but he came out of it. Hes still really fucked up, but were hopeful.

I hate to see anyone suffer from the disease of addiction. Good luck man.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    good for you man, Hope you kick this habit.

My brother OD'd a month ago with Herion, he was pretty much written off for Dead they called us to come say good bye, etc. but he came out of it. Hes still really fucked up, but were hopeful.

I hate to see anyone suffer from the disease of addiction. Good luck man.
    Thanks a lot man. I am trying. My last drink was last Saturday. I am feeling pretty good. Its a little frustrating at times but it gets easier day by day. As I suspected it would. Heroin is a whole other ballpark.
    1 unit = 300 $

Edman, I am pulling for you. I grew up with a couple of raging alcoholics, so I am pretty much always in favor of sobriety.

Now, as for this rock bottom.... we all want to know.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Edman, I am pulling for you. I grew up with a couple of raging alcoholics, so I am pretty much always in favor of sobriety.

Now, as for this rock bottom.... we all want to know.
    Who were the alcoholics you grew up with?
    1 unit = 300 $

Ill tell you about rock bottom for your perverted pleasures. I was getting out of work and drinking a minimum of 5 drinks a day, a minimum of five days a week. I blew my acl out about 1.5 years ago because my mom went crazy and locked all the doors in the house because she thought people were breaking in(crazy). I had to walk in through the backdoor and the terrain was uneven. I slipped on a slope and fell down the hill. I kept drinking after that, even after my surgery.

I crashed my Honda civic after that and bought a new kia. I still kept going out drinking after that. I spent an insane amount of money and pretty much lost my whole bankroll gambling because I wasn't coherent enough to handicap a fight.

Finally last Saturday I got out of work and after telling myself I wasn't going to drink I went out anyways. I was still sick to my stomach from drinking from the past week and I sat at a bar choking down organic red wine trying to convince myself that I was happy. The next day I was sick of myself and I said fuck it. I'm going to go two days without drinking. I hadn't don't that in months. So I did just that. I hit the gym the next day and Ive been doing it since. I feel much better mentally and physically. I'm starting to look better as well. I swear I aged like 5 years in two years of drinking. That's going by how my face looked. I was starting to get more wrinkles and shit. Dry nasty looking skin. My last drink was this past Saturday. I'm getting actual sleep now and feeling much better.

I still want to drink sometimes but I am resisting the urge. I just don't want to go back to that shit. Luckily its nice out and its usually just a matter of finding something to do.
    1 unit = 300 $

^^^^^^you need to message SPX because he's exactly what you just described. Not saying it to be funny or cruel, being serious. He drinks 7 days a week--probably a 6 pack(at least) a night

Glad things are turning around.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Who were the alcoholics you grew up with?
    My dad and my brother are both alcoholics and drug addicts. you might recall that my brother is currently incarcerated.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 05-12-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Ill tell you about rock bottom for your perverted pleasures.
    I'm not going to lie, that was a disappointing rock bottom story. I was hoping for something involving an asian lady-boy and an 8-ball.

Seriously though, I think you have made a good decision and give you big props on recognizing an issue and attempting to better yourself. Catching it now before any real damage is done is a good call IMO. Good luck man.

My dad and my brother are both alcoholics and drug addicts. you might recall that my brother is currently incarcerated.
    I remember you saying that. Funny how the internet works. This is shit we probably wouldnt tell most people yet we are comfortable posting it on the net for all to see.
    1 unit = 300 $

I'm not going to lie, that was a disappointing rock bottom story. I was hoping for something involving an asian lady-boy and an 8-ball.

Seriously though, I think you have made a good decision and give you big props on recognizing an issue and attempting to better yourself. Catching it now before any real damage is done is a good call IMO. Good luck man.
    I didnt quite get to asian lady boy and eight ball and i now feel inadequate. I appreciate the compliment about catching it now. I am glad i did too and i am trying to stay sober and just say fuck alcohol altogether. I dont really need it and i was drinking so much it wasnt even enjoyable. It just became my normal. In am feeling good without it and i am pretty confident i can go a while without it. Mostly because i am just so happy to not be in the middle of a series of hangovers. It really can get miserable. I was never a big drinker before and i actually started out of boredom so hopefully i should be able to return to previous form. Well see.
    1 unit = 300 $

It doesn't sound like it was like train wreck out of control, so that's probably good. Hopefully you can kick it and be a regular person who is allowed to have a beer at a BBQ and not one of these guys that has a melt down if he thinks about alcohol and has to call his sponsor. Personally, I don't drink at all, none. It never really appealed to me, I don't get the allure.

I can see that. I used to be that way for a short time when i was younger. I didnt like the taste and had no interest. It can be fun getting shitfaced though. It always was when i was younger. As far as the sponsor thing goes i hve no need for that. My mom told me to go to AA once but i was like fuck that. I was never that far along. I have too much pride for that. Im going to quit the old fashioned way. I might get into yoga soon. I am still detoxing. Alcohol takes a toll on your body. I was drunk for so long i barely realized and when i did i would just go into denial. I know im konda trailing on here but in guess that is in typical edman fashion.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    ^^^^^^you need to message SPX because he's exactly what you just described. Not saying it to be funny or cruel, being serious. He drinks 7 days a week--probably a 6 pack(at least) a night

Glad things are turning around.
    Thats pretty bad. Throw in the fact that he doesnt work or seem to want to. Ive at least kept my job. Though it has affected it very negatively.
    1 unit = 300 $

Great to see you finally snapped out of this edmann, hope you keep it going.

I was hoping rock bottom had something to do with a cage and being fucked right in the middle of it. I too am disappointed
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    Great to see you finally snapped out of this edmann, hope you keep it going.
    Thanks. I'll try not to let you down.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I was hoping rock bottom had something to do with a cage and being fucked right in the middle of it. I too am disappointed
    Thanks, I'll try not to let you down.
    1 unit = 300 $

I've never been a big drinker, but drank every night for about three months straight when I was going through a divorce. I'd wake up still intoxicated and head into work probably three out of every five days. I hit rock bottom when I woke up still drunk one morning and had to go teach to a classroom full of students for the day. By noon, I was sweating badly and could barley think straight. Looking back, I completely embarrassed that I did that.

Bet I haven't drank five times in the 10 months since then.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

For some reason I feel like I'm in an AA meeting
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP