Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Champs predictions

^^^^Stipe....that might end up being a really good pick

Never even thought of Ferguson. He's been on a roll, though
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    ^^^^Stipe....that might end up being a really good pick

Never even thought of Ferguson. He's been on a roll, though
    I think Khabib beats RDA/Cerrone winner. But I think Ferguson contends/can be champ in a couple years. He keeps getting better.

I think Condit, while having more rust than Robbie, more than likely comes in with a better game plan. Jackson's is the master game plan squad, and while I love ATT, and they have coached many top fighters, they only have one champ in all their years: Robbie. Jackson's is known for formidable fighters, and I think with their top tier attitude and ability to coach Condit will grind out a win.

But... I hope Robbie uses his KO power and defends. I just don't think Robbie has the sheer skill to hang with Condit, as Condit is very technical, and Robbie isn't. Hopefully Robbie pressures a rusty Condit to the point Condit is shook and takes it home.
    Last edited by Bobby Boulders; 08-18-2015 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I think Khabib beats RDA/Cerrone winner. But I think Ferguson contends/can be champ in a couple years. He keeps getting better.
    I agree. Khabib is pretty much a lock, but who knows if he can keep his streak forever? Ferguson has a pretty good reach for that class, and progresses every fight. He still trained with Bang, which is smart on his part. Up his striking game, win more fights, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Boulders View Post
    I agree. Khabib is pretty much a lock, but who knows if he can keep his streak forever?
    Not sure why, but a lot of people are acting like Pettis's days as champ are already over. I get that Khabib has great wrestling and that's a Pettis weakness, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pettis were to beat him.

I still think Pettis is going to be champ again. Maybe not right now, but at some point in the not-too-distant future.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Not sure why, but a lot of people are acting like Pettis's days as champ are already over. I get that Khabib has great wrestling and that's a Pettis weakness, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pettis were to beat him.

I still think Pettis is going to be champ again. Maybe not right now, but at some point in the not-too-distant future.
    His best chance to see the title again is to move to 145
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

He's too big for 145. I think his best chance is to get healthy and kick RDA's ass.
    I heart cock

He's too big for 145. I think his best chance is to get healthy and kick RDA's ass.
    He's not that much bigger than Conor. I think he coud make 145
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'll pass on a gaunt, drawn-out Pettis. It might be POSSIBLE for him to make 145 but I think he's right where he belongs considering his height and frame.
    I heart cock

I'll pass on a gaunt, drawn-out Pettis. It might be POSSIBLE for him to make 145 but I think he's right where he belongs considering his height and frame.
    If you mean 3rd best fighter in his division, then I agree
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

UFC Champs by January 2017:

HW - Cain Velasquez
    LHW - Jon Jones
    MW - Chris Weidman (Luke Rockhold if Weidman moves to LHW)
    WW - Rory MacDonald
    LW - Khabib Nurmagomedov
    FW - Conor McGregor (Unless he moves up to LW)
    BW - TJ Dillashaw
    FLW - Mighty Mouse

WBW - Ronda Rousey
    SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Éire View Post

HW - Cain Velasquez
    LHW - Jon Jones
    WW - Rory MacDonald
    LW - Khabib Nurmagomedov
    BW - TJ Dillashaw
    FLW - Mighty Mouse

WBW - Ronda Rousey
    SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk
    All sensible picks, I'd say. I can get on board with all of that, but I'm not sure Rory will ever beat Lawler and I have my doubts about Conor beating Aldo. Also, I'd just like to point out that I WANT to see something more like this (not necessarily by January, but sometime in 2017):

HW - JDS
    LHW - Rumble
    MW - Rockhold
    WW - GSP
    LW - Pettis
    FW - Conor
    BW - Cruz
    FLW - Dodson

WBW - Ronda Rousey
    SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk

But yeah, there's a lot of wishful thinking there.
    I heart cock

All sensible picks, I'd say. I can get on board with all of that, but I'm not sure Rory will ever beat Lawler and I have my doubts about Conor beating Aldo. Also, I'd just like to point out that I WANT to see something more like this (not necessarily by January, but sometime in 2017):

HW - JDS
    LHW - Rumble
    MW - Rockhold
    WW - GSP
    LW - Pettis
    FW - Conor
    BW - Cruz
    FLW - Dodson

WBW - Ronda Rousey
    SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk

But yeah, there's a lot of wishful thinking there.
    Haha, sure is.

Dodson, Cruz, Conor and Rockhold are all realistic. GSP is hopeful but if he does come back and take a title shot then I agree that he becomes champ. No way Rumble becomes champ unless Jones retires. JDS and Pettis are REALLY wishful.

As for Conor. Let me preface this with, I know I have a Conor AV and I know I'm very blatantly biased. But... I don't think Aldo has a chance. I think he gets knocked out within the first 3. I only see Conor having any trouble at LW.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

HW - Cain Velasquez
    LHW - Jon Jones
    WW - Rory MacDonald
    LW - Khabib Nurmagomedov
    BW - TJ Dillashaw
    FLW - Mighty Mouse

WBW - Ronda Rousey
    SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Welcome to the forum, man . I agree with every pick you have, even Rory. He can beat Lawler. That nose was fucked up early and really hurt his chances of winning.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Welcome to the forum, man . I agree with every pick you have, even Rory. He can beat Lawler. That nose was fucked up early and really hurt his chances of winning.
    Something about geniuses and thinking alike comes to mind.

Good to be here, brother.

I dunno. I just don't think Rory has the killer instinct he needs to be at the top of the heap. Also, who knows how he's going to come back after getting his nose exploded.

Picks:

HW:
    LHW: Jon Jones, assuming he's not in jail. Otherwise I honestly think Glover makes a resurgence.
    MW: Jacare
    WW: Hendricks or Lawler. Nobody is beating them right now except each other.
    LW: I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cowboy wins the belt and defends it twice next year.
    FTW: Jose takes the fight with Conor, wins, and promptly wipes his ass with his contract, then retires.
    BW: TJ is pretty much the big man on campus(no pun intended) here.
    FW: I don't see anyone possibly taking that belt from Mouse other than Dodson.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

JDS and Pettis are REALLY wishful.
    I get the arguments for JDS, but why in the FUCK does everyone think Pettis will never be champ again? This is ANTHONY PETTIS we're talking about! The same Anthony Pettis who put Joe Lauzon on a stretcher, who destroyed Cerrone in less than 3 minutes, who subbed Ben Henderson in the first round, and only person EVER to finish Melendez in all of Melendez's 27 fights.

Anthony Pettis 4 Champ
    I heart cock

I get the arguments for JDS, but why in the FUCK does everyone think Pettis will never be champ again? This is ANTHONY PETTIS we're talking about! The same Anthony Pettis who put Joe Lauzon on a stretcher, who destroyed Cerrone in less than 3 minutes, who subbed Ben Henderson in the first round, and only person EVER to finish Melendez in all of Melendez's 27 fights.

Anthony Pettis 4 Champ
    Don't get me wrong, I think if you give him enough time, he could possibly beat RDA in a rematch and I think he's ahead of everyone else in the division.

His one problem:

Khabib.

BEARFUCKER.jpg

Anthony Pettis 4 Champ
    And the guy who lost to Clay Guida.....

He does not match up well vs grapplers and most think the top 2 in that divsion are RDA and Khabib, grapplers
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Ludo, you forgot HW
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP