Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Future Champs predictions

I'd post my picks by 2017, but it would just mirror Erie's
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    He does not match up well vs grapplers and most think the top 2 in that divsion are RDA and Khabib, grapplers
    Are Bendo and Melendez not grapplers?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Not really. Both of them rely on the striking first.

RDA and Khabib rely on there grappling first. The only other person Pettis has fought recently that is a grapple first fighter is Guida, and he lost to him too
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    They are but not even remotely near the skill level of Khabib. I actually had no idea how good RDA's grappling was until his last fight but I guess he's up there which is really saying something about Khabib since he literally threw him wherever he wanted to. That said, Pettis does have a shot of catching Khabib with a sub or a shot before Khabib grabs him. I just think it's extremely unlikely.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Éire View Post
    They are but not even remotely near the skill level of Khabib. I actually had no idea how good RDA's grappling was until his last fight but I guess he's up there which is really saying something about Khabib since he literally threw him wherever he wanted to. That said, Pettis does have a shot of catching Khabib with a sub or a shot before Khabib grabs him. I just think it's extremely unlikely.
    I wouldn't call Khabib elite, really. He has great strength and whatnot, and he closes the distance well enough. But his top game is shit.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I wouldn't call Khabib elite, really. He has great strength and whatnot, and he closes the distance well enough. But his top game is shit.
    While you're right that his top game isn't the best, once he has a hold of you, it isn't easy to stop him from doing whatever he wants to you.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Junior Member IXIThe Notorious1IXI's Avatar
    by the end of 2015

Cain
    Cormier
    Rockhold
    Condit
    RDA
    McGregor
    Dodson
    Cruz

Ronda
    JJ
    Last edited by IXIThe Notorious1IXI; 08-19-2015 at 12:31 AM.

^^^ Welcome, bro. Good to see you over here!

Interesting list, especially since you're saying 2015. You really think Cruz will make it back in time? What's your breakdown of MM/Dodson?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Éire View Post
    While you're right that his top game isn't the best, once he has a hold of you, it isn't easy to stop him from doing whatever he wants to you.
    True enough. I just think to be considered "elite" you need to either be able to finish people, threaten to finish people, or at the very least keep them from doing what they want to do(which in most cases is get back to their feet). There's a reason Khabib had to take Trujillo down like 27 times in a 3 round fight.

Ludo, you forgot HW
    Werdum. I just think he's the worst matchup possible for Cain. Elite grappler from the top or bottom, vastly improved striking, and a clinch game that keeps Cain from employing the "JDS strategy".

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Werdum. I just think he's the worst matchup possible for Cain. Elite grappler from the top or bottom, vastly improved striking, and a clinch game that keeps Cain from employing the "JDS strategy".
    Before the first fight, I didn't realize Cain was so scared to go into his guard. Assumed he'd GnP for a couple rounds, tire him, then TKO him. Wrong, wrong, and Wong
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Before the first fight, I didn't realize Cain was so scared to go into his guard. Assumed he'd GnP for a couple rounds, tire him, then TKO him. Wrong, wrong, and Wong
    Cain knows what's up. I don't think he was wary of it initially. He did take Werdum down in the first round, and even ended up in side control. But he figured out within 10 seconds that he wasn't going to be able to keep Werdum from regaining guard, and he also wasn't going to be able to advance/deal any damage without placing himself in a compromising position relatively quickly. So he abandoned the ground game until he had no other options, and that's when he got choked out.