Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Silva's Defense: Tainted Blue Sex Magic - What does this mean for his legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Éire View Post
    What a positive topic for my first post. What sold it for me is that when asked in the NSAC hearing, "Is this the first time you have ever been randomly tested?", he answered, "Yes."...

I think he's probably been using PEDs for his entire career.
    Hey man, welcome to the forum! Glad to see you over here.

That's a good point about random testing. I hadn't heard that. I guess the thing for me is that I am just always so reluctant to be too accusatory because if what you're accusing them of is NOT true, then it's just an unfair and unjust accusation. BUT with that said, any rational person is going to have these questions raised in his mind.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I don't know that that's necessarily an admission that he'd been using all along, though. Nobody was doing random tests prior to that, and the fact that he snapped his leg in half in his last fight probably had more to do with it than anything else. I just don't see the guy using the whole time, and then only popping after a horrific injury at the age of like 38 following the only two losses in nearly a decade.
    These are all fair points. However, if this is the first time that you were ever randomly tested and it's also the first time that you've ever been caught cheating... I just feel like that's far too shady and I don't believe it's coincidence.

Also, I have no idea if this is true or not but I've heard from completely unreliable sources that the drugs he was busted for actually decrease bone density.

At the end of the day though, it comes down to opinion on if he has or hasn't been juicing for his entire career. He has been busted once though which is bad enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Hey man, welcome to the forum! Glad to see you over here.

That's a good point about random testing. I hadn't heard that. I guess the thing for me is that I am just always so reluctant to be too accusatory because if what you're accusing them of is NOT true, then it's just an unfair and unjust accusation. BUT with that said, any rational person is going to have these questions raised in his mind.
    Cheers brother, good to be here. I like it. A close, small community.

I'd completely agree with you if the fighter in question was just very sketchy but with no failed tests. However, the guy has failed a test so I think it's completely fair to think he's been using for his entire career.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

I'd completely agree with you if the fighter in question was just very sketchy but with no failed tests. However, the guy has failed a test so I think it's completely fair to think he's been using for his entire career.
    Yeah. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's been clean this whole time. In fact, considering he always seemed somewhat superhuman almost makes you think there was SOMETHING there that was helping him along. The thing is, I'm not even a Silva fan, so I have no vested interest in defending him and it would almost be amusing to me if it turned out he's always been a PED user.

I guess ultimately, unless he just comes out and admits it, we'll just never know for sure.
    I heart cock

Yeah. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's been clean this whole time. In fact, considering he always seemed somewhat superhuman almost makes you think there was SOMETHING there that was helping him along. The thing is, I'm not even a Silva fan, so I have no vested interest in defending him and it would almost be amusing to me if it turned out he's always been a PED user.

I guess ultimately, unless he just comes out and admits it, we'll never know for sure.
    Yep, we never will. I was never a Silva fan either but I really wish he didn't cheat. I enjoy the idea of him just being completely superhuman without any help. Probably the only reason I'm a fan of Jones. His recent test results were super sketchy too though.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

His punishment wasn't severe. He can fight early next year since it's retroactive to the date of the positive fight night test. If he does take another fight then he'll be getting more stringent random testing and will have to submit a clean sample when applying for a fight license for a fight.

It'll be interesting to see if he just retires or tries to end his career on a win streak where he also passes consecutive drug tests.

Yep, we never will. I was never a Silva fan either but I really wish he didn't cheat. I enjoy the idea of him just being completely superhuman without any help. Probably the only reason I'm a fan of Jones. His recent test results were super sketchy too though.
    Basically I just always thought Silva was a cocky fuck and it annoyed me. But then again if I could fight like him, maybe I'd be a cocky fuck, too.

I'll tell you who would break me heart if he tested positive: Machida. That's my fucking guy right there. PLEASEEE MACHIDA, BE NATURAL!
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalHit View Post
    His punishment wasn't severe. He can fight early next year since it's retroactive to the date of the positive fight night test. If he does take another fight then he'll be getting more stringent random testing and will have to submit a clean sample when applying for a fight license for a fight.

It'll be interesting to see if he just retires or tries to end his career on a win streak where he also passes consecutive drug tests.
    I'd say being fined 800K is pretty severe for a first time offender.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I think he probably takes the Bisping fight and then retires with the win.

Basically I just always thought Silva was a cocky fuck and it annoyed me. But then again if I could fight like him, maybe I'd be a cocky fuck, too.

I'll tell you who would break me heart if he tested positive: Machida. That's my fucking guy right there. PLEASEEE MACHIDA, BE NATURAL!
    Haha, I think you're good there, man. Machida is for sure one of the least sketchy fighters on the roster.

I think the severe part is a $380,000 fine. I mean, Jesus. That's not pocket change.
    I heart cock

I'd say being fined 800K is pretty severe for a first time offender.
    AFAIK, he was only fined 380K although that is still pretty steep. His 200K win bonus and 30% of his 600K show money. He also made an estimated 6 million on PPV points though.

AFAIK, he was only fined 380K although that is still pretty steep. His 200K win bonus and 30% of his 600K show money. He also made an estimated 6 million on PPV points though.
    You're right. I don't know why I remembered 800,000. Even still, I don't think we've ever seen an mma fighter fined that much for one offense.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

You're right. I don't know why I remembered 800,000. Even still, I don't think we've ever seen an mma fighter fined that much for one offense.
    This is true. I believe recently, the commission has been taking their entire win bonus and around 30% of their show money. For example, Hector Lombard was banned for a year and fined 53K + 17.5K (33% of his 53K win bonus). It does seem like a little much though, I agree.

I also think it seems harsh but then again maybe this is what needs to happen to get people to quit doing that shit.
    I heart cock

Yeah the fine was hefty on its own but relative to his purse it was less than 10%.

Yeah the fine was hefty on its own but relative to his purse it was less than 10%.
    What do you mean? What was his purse?
    I heart cock

What do you mean? What was his purse?
    His purse was 800K + around 6 million from PPV points.

His purse was 800K + around 6 million from PPV points.
    I hear quotes like this all the time but how does anyone know? I've never seen PPV points actually documented. So basically what I'm saying is: Source?
    I heart cock

I hear quotes like this all the time but how does anyone know? I've never seen PPV points actually documented. So basically what I'm saying is: Source?
    It turns out it was a false report. Given that he was on PPV points though and the PPV sold about 750K, he made a lot more than his disclosed pay.

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/9/800...-drug-test-mma

Yeah, I was going off of an estimation from his reported pay and the insight we've gotten over the years on PPV point tiers.

With the buys that card got and his reported UFC pay he should have cleared 4 million at the least.

I think the severe part is a $380,000 fine. I mean, Jesus. That's not pocket change.
    Julio Cesar Chavez Jr was fined $900K and his failed drug test was for pot
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP