Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: UFN 74: Holloway vs Oliveira

UFN 74: Holloway vs Oliveira

I heart cock

I'm thinking at those odds both Oliveira and Burkman are worth a play.

Granted, Holloway's destruction of Cub Swanson was unexpected and impressive (and it also cost me money), but Oliveira himself is on a 4 fight winning streak, including wins over Lentz, Stephens and Hioki. Maybe Oliveira should be the dog here, but I think the matchup is closer than the odds indicate.

As for Burkman, he's kind of had a rough time so far in the UFC but I think this is where he starts to turn things around. Lombard and DHK are a hard way to be welcomed into an organization, but I think the former WSOF champ and Fitch destroyer will be able to get the win over a washed up Pat Cote.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I'm thinking at those odds both Oliveira and Burkman are worth a play.

Granted, Holloway's destruction of Cub Swanson was unexpected and impressive (and it also cost me money), but Oliveira himself is on a 4 fight winning streak, including wins over Lentz, Stephens and Hioki. Maybe Oliveira should be the dog here, but I think the matchup is closer than the odds indicate.

As for Burkman, he's kind of had a rough time so far in the UFC but I think this is where he starts to turn things around. Lombard and DHK are a hard way to be welcomed into an organization, but I think the former WSOF champ and Fitch destroyer will be able to get the win over a washed up Pat Cote.
    That's what I think. I think the dog probably loses but odds are too high for Holloway. I like Erik Silva. After watching Magny get raped by Maia, I realized how big of a bum he is. Silva is a bum too, but he usually beats other bums

I don't know what to think about Burkman-Cote.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    That's what I think. I think the dog probably loses but odds are too high for Holloway. I like Erik Silva. After watching Magny get raped by Maia, I realized how big of a bum he is. Silva is a bum too, but he usually beats other bums

I don't know what to think about Burkman-Cote.
    There you go throwing that "bum" word around. Oh Luke, some things never change.

I don't think you have to be a bum to get raped by Maia.
    I heart cock

There you go throwing that "bum" word around. Oh Luke, some things never change.

I don't think you have to be a bum to get raped by Maia.

BOL!!! I never really stopped using the bum term

Silva has a decent ground game and Magny has almost zero TDD
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

HOLY SHIT.

WE ARE BACK

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    HOLY SHIT.

WE ARE BACK
    BOL! We're working on it.

Zak contacted me. I thought about it. I decided to come back.

I actually started a recruitment drive today.
    I heart cock

Ludo, post a pic.

I actually sent Ludo a PM on Sherdog today. We'll see if he responds.
    I heart cock

Ludo, post a pic.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

As someone that has faded Silva a lot in the past...

Silva is my favorite bet on the card. Stylistically, I think he beats Magny easily. Magny doesn't have the style that makes Silva go into cardiac arrest by round 2

I like Burkman to beat Cote. Burkman's fight IQ worries me, but at the current line I'll be betting Burkman. I think he is a better striker than Cote and can/will keep it on the feet.

I like Burkman to beat Cote. Burkman's fight IQ worries me, but at the current line I'll be betting Burkman. I think he is a better striker than Cote and can/will keep it on the feet.
    I know I say bum a lot, but this really is a bum fight. Having a lot of money on either guy would scare me to death
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I know I say bum a lot, but this really is a bum fight. Having a lot of money on either guy would scare me to death
    So Burkman taking the WSOF title and also beating Fitch means nothing?
    I heart cock

He really had quite a few squandered opportunities to turn around or even win the DHK fight. Cote's more durable and if Burkman has more brain farts then it's probably an easy Cote decision through wrestling. It's kinda strange to think of Burkman and Cote fighting in the UFC in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalHit View Post
    He really had quite a few squandered opportunities to turn around or even win the DHK fight. Cote's more durable and if Burkman has more brain farts then it's probably an easy Cote decision through wrestling. It's kinda strange to think of Burkman and Cote fighting in the UFC in 2015.
    Hey, welcome to the forum! Cool username.

I really think Cote is shot as a fighter. That doesn't mean he can't win fights, but let's say if he and Fitch fought today I have little doubt Fitch would beat him. And I'm not trying to get MMAthematical up in here, but it just seems to me that Burkman is at a better place in his career and is experiencing something of a resurgence. Whereas Cote is getting soundly beaten by Cung Le, KOd by Sakara and has to rely on a robbery to beat Voelker.

But yeah, it is weird to think that these guys are facing off in the UFC in 2015.
    I heart cock

Hey, welcome to the forum! Cool username.

I really think Cote is shot as a fighter. That doesn't mean he can't win fights, but let's say if he and Fitch fought today I have little doubt Fitch would beat him. And I'm not trying to get MMAthematical up in here, but it just seems to me that Burkman is at a better place in his career and is experiencing something of a resurgence. Whereas Cote is getting soundly beaten by Cung Le, KOd by Sakara and has to rely on a robbery to beat Voelker.

But yeah, it is weird to think that these guys are facing off in the UFC in 2015.
    Thanks, just dipping my toe in. I got invited by someone on another forum.

Anyways, Cote is def. over the hill. I agree with Voelker getting robbed and him basically being near out even before the Sakara hammerfists.

He also fights alot smarter now though. Mostly he sticks to grinding out fights with his wrestling and has dropped brawling completely. Burkman's a strange case. He was making great strides in his technique in his WSOF stint and had some solid wins, esp. the Fitch upset. What makes me less confident in him in this match up is his tendency to make mistakes and get complacent when he doesn't get the early finish and has to go through grueling clinch and ground work like against Carl and DHK. Cote is going to do his best to make this ugly and point score.

I'm not counting Burkman out, don't get me wrong. It just seems like a match up that can screw Josh with judging by leaving 2 rounds too up in the air by fighting Cote's fight. I'm pulling for him since a loss probably gets the axe again.

It's kinda strange to think of Burkman and Cote fighting in the UFC in 2015.

Ain't that the truth? Just think Cote fought for the UFC title once. No wonder Silva's reign was so long

And welcome to the place, man
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Thanks, just dipping my toe in. I got invited by someone on another forum.
    Well it's good to have you around. We're kind of in a re-building phase right now so good, thoughtful posters are exactly what we need. We should have a contest coming up pretty soon that should be fun and an opportunity win a bit of $ so stick around.

Anyways, Cote is def. over the hill. I agree with Voelker getting robbed and him basically being near out even before the Sakara hammerfists.

He also fights alot smarter now though. Mostly he sticks to grinding out fights with his wrestling and has dropped brawling completely. Burkman's a strange case. He was making great strides in his technique in his WSOF stint and had some solid wins, esp. the Fitch upset. What makes me less confident in him in this match up is his tendency to make mistakes and get complacent when he doesn't get the early finish and has to go through grueling clinch and ground work like against Carl and DHK. Cote is going to do his best to make this ugly and point score.

I'm not counting Burkman out, don't get me wrong. It just seems like a match up that can screw Josh with judging by leaving 2 rounds too up in the air by fighting Cote's fight. I'm pulling for him since a loss probably gets the axe again.
    I agree that this is far from a lock for either guy. If Cote wins, I’m not exactly going to be shocked. But I do think the momentum is with Burkman at this point in their careers. Again, not to get MMAthematical, but I have a suspicion that Lombard would’ve killed Cote whereas Burkman was able to keep it fairly competitive thoughout.

You make some good points about Burkman getting caught in long, grinding wars and not responding well to that. That’s something to consider. I need to go back and watch his more recently fights.
    I heart cock

Ain't that the truth? Just think Cote fought for the UFC title once. No wonder Silva's reign was so long

And welcome to the place, man
    MW has come a long way for sure.

Thanks
    Well it's good to have you around. We're kind of in a re-building phase right now so good, thoughtful posters are exactly what we need. We should have a contest coming up pretty soon that should be fun and an opportunity win a bit of $ so stick around.

I agree that this is far from a lock for either guy. If Cote wins, I’m not exactly going to be shocked. But I do think the momentum is with Burkman at this point in their careers. Again, not to get MMAthematical, but I have a suspicion that Lombard would’ve killed Cote whereas Burkman was able to keep it fairly competitive thoughout.

You make some good points about Burkman getting caught in long, grinding wars and not responding well to that. That’s something to consider. I need to go back and watch his more recently fights.
    Yeah, Burkman would have tossed Cote around the cage and gotten an eventual gnp stoppage I suspect esp. considering he was roided up.
    Last edited by CriticalHit; 08-18-2015 at 05:57 PM.