Thread: 2015 Off Topic Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Honestly Jackie Brown is one of his weaker works, but that kind of gets made up for by having a stellar cast(think the Oceans 11 remake, but not nearly as bad to begin with). Not that it's a bad film, just that it needed to be redeemed in a way is what drops it on my list. None of the other films above it on my list needed to redeem themselves fundamentally. They were all sound at the core, except for Jackie Brown.
    I don't think it has the same flair that his other films do. It's a simpler, more grounded piece of fiction. But I don't really understand why you'd think it needed to be redeemed or that it wasn't sound at its core. I think it's fundamentally solid.

As an aside, I don't smoke weed anymore, but there was a short period of time where I was smoking weed every night and I watched Jackie Brown probably 15 times while blazed. It's a good blazed movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    But it gets a pass over Death Proof because it at least had that. Death Proof was basically Tarantino's mulligan.
    Well, like I said, I don't think Death Proof is a great movie. It's just okay. I rarely feel the need to rewatch it, though I probably should soon, because it's been quite a while since I last checked it out and it's growing hazy in my memory.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I don't think it has the same flair that his other films do. It's a simpler, more grounded piece of fiction. But I don't really understand why you'd think it needed to be redeemed or that it wasn't sound at its core. I think it's fundamentally solid.

As an aside, I don't smoke weed anymore, but there was a short period of time where I was smoking weed every night and I watched Jackie Brown probably 15 times while blazed. It's a good blazed movie.

Well, like I said, I don't think Death Proof is a great movie. It's just okay. I rarely feel the need to rewatch it, though I probably should soon, because it's been quite a while since I last checked it out and it's growing hazy in my memory.
    Never been a huge fan of smoking pot. Haven't done it with any kind of frequency since I was like 13-14. I just didn't feel like Jackie Brown had the same kind of quality that we had been given up to that point, and after that point, by and large, from Tarantio.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u