Thread: 2015 Off Topic Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    On this we must disagree. Reservoir Dogs is the only QT movie that I just don't like and never feel the desire to rewatch.

My list:

1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Kill Bill (I consider them a single film)
    3. Inglourious Basterds
    4. Jackie Brown
    5. Django
    6. Death Proof
    7. Reservoir Dogs
    I can see RD not making the top 3 in favor of Kill Bill, but last? Come on, man. In no universe, parallel or not, does Reservoir Dogs belong lower than Death Proof. Death Proof barely had a cohesive plot. And while I did thoroughly enjoy Django, I just don't see it stacking up to the more "classic Tarantino" style films.

My list probably looks something like:

1. Reservoir Dogs
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Kill Bill
    4. Inglorious Basterds
    5. Django
    6. Jackie Brown
    7. Death Proof
    Last edited by Ludo; 08-20-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I can see RD not making the top 3 in favor of Kill Bill, but last? Come on, man. In no universe, parallel or not, does Reservoir Dogs belong lower than Death Proof. Death Proof barely had a cohesive plot. And while I did thoroughly enjoy Django, I just don't see it stacking up to the more "classic Tarantino" style films.

My list probably looks something like:

1. Reservoir Dogs
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Kill Bill
    4. Inglorious Basterds
    5. Django
    6. Jackie Brown
    7. Death Proof
    I'll at least grant you that Reservoir Dogs is probably a BETTER film than Death Proof. And I can't even really tell you why I don't like it. All I can say is that it just gives me a bad feeling for some reason.

But really, I'm not a big fan of Death Proof either and also not a HUGE fan of Django.

As far as I'm concerned, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Basterds and Jackie Brown make up his core catalog for me and those are the films of his that I really like to revisit.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I'll at least grant you that Reservoir Dogs is probably a BETTER film than Death Proof. And I can't even really tell you why I don't like it. All I can say is that it just gives me a bad feeling for some reason.

But really, I'm not a big fan of Death Proof either and also not a HUGE fan of Django.

As far as I'm concerned, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Basterds and Jackie Brown make up his core catalog for me and those are the films of his that I really like to revisit.
    Maybe give it another shot and try to forget that you've seen it before? It's truly a fantastic film, chock full of great acting and phenomenal dialogue, and a great cast for it's time. Harvey Keitel is a grossly underrated actor. I get that it's all about personal preference, it just seems like something went wrong for you while you were watching it, because I've never heard of anyone not liking Reservoir Dogs. I've heard people say they didn't like it as much as "insert QT movie X here", but I've never heard anyone say they flat out didn't like Reservoir Dogs.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Maybe give it another shot and try to forget that you've seen it before? It's truly a fantastic film, chock full of great acting and phenomenal dialogue, and a great cast for it's time. Harvey Keitel is a grossly underrated actor. I get that it's all about personal preference, it just seems like something went wrong for you while you were watching it, because I've never heard of anyone not liking Reservoir Dogs. I've heard people say they didn't like it as much as "insert QT movie X here", but I've never heard anyone say they flat out didn't like Reservoir Dogs.
    I've seen it several times, but maybe I'll give it another shot because it's been several years since the last time. Like I said before, I don't think it's a BAD movie. It's just a movie that I don't enjoy watching. There's a difference there.

For a first-time director, it's a phenomenal achievement.
    I heart cock