Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Ludo
    I maintain that Signs is M Knight's best work to date as far as movies go. Did anyone check out Wayward Pines last year? I liked it a lot, aside from one key scene.
    I think Signs is really good, but I actually think The Village is his best. I understand I'm in the minority with that viewpoint, but I really do think it's a masterwork that is underappreciated and misunderstood. An excellent concept, excellent direction, excellent performances, an excellent score and absolutely gorgeous cinematography on the part of Roger Deakins.

M. Night himself is an underrated director. He's had some missteps, and sadly it seems like his best days may be behind him (though I always keep the door open for a resurgence), but The Village, Signs, The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable are all great movies.

I have not yet seen Wayward Pines. For whatever reason the trailer just doesn't do much for me and I have never been a Matt Dillon fan. But since it's M. Night, I do intend to check it out eventually.
    I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
      10 year vet
      • Oct 2006

MISSING:

Zak.jpg

If anyone has seen this man, PM SPX
      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

^^^ BOL! Look at that motherfucker!
        I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
          Who here has seen M. Night Shyamalan's "Signs" recently? Or can remember it from back in the day? I just recently ran across this fan theory regarding the alien creatures. Pretty thought-provoking shit.
          That's an interesting theory, but, like most fan theories, it seems to be looking a lot deeper than was probably intended and looking for a theme where there is none. Basically I'm saying the movie still sucks.
          Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• zY|
            • Sep 2009

BTW sup dorks

Comment

• SPX
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
              BTW sup dorks
              Holy fucking shit, zY's in the house.

Can you believe we're even doing this shit?
              I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
                That's an interesting theory, but, like most fan theories, it seems to be looking a lot deeper than was probably intended and looking for a theme where there is none. Basically I'm saying the movie still sucks.
                Really, you think Signs sucks? I wholly disagree, but that's another subject really.

As for the theory, you could be right. It's interesting how people can build these sorts of grand theories that, like you say, may have nothing to do with reality. If you want to see the ultimate example of this, watch Room 237 if you haven't already.

But then again, on the other hand, I think the dude makes a lot of interesting points and Shyamalan's work has always tended to have a religious tinge to it so it wouldn't shock me to learn that there's some actual truth here.
                I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
                  10 year vet
                  • Oct 2006

Thought Signs was decent when I saw it, but I was like 20 years old. Haven't seen it since, I don't think

Speaking of movies, really haven't seen many good ones in the last 1-2 years
                  2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Luke
                    Speaking of movies, really haven't seen many good ones in the last 1-2 years

I think 2015 has been pretty damn weak in terms of movies. But 2014 was good.

In 2014 we got Gone Girl, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Birdman, Boyhood, Edge of Tomorrow, Nightcrawler, just to name a few that come to mind.

And I'd like to give special attention to this bad boy:

I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
                      10 year vet
                      • Oct 2006

The only one of the movies that I though was good is Nightcrawler. The rest..........
                      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Luke
                        The only one of the movies that I though was good is Nightcrawler. The rest..........
                        Did you see them all?
                        I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                          Really, you think Signs sucks? I wholly disagree, but that's another subject really.

As for the theory, you could be right. It's interesting how people can build these sorts of grand theories that, like you say, may have nothing to do with reality. If you want to see the ultimate example of this, watch Room 237 if you haven't already.

But then again, on the other hand, I think the dude makes a lot of interesting points and Shyamalan's work has always tended to have a religious tinge to it so it wouldn't shock me to learn that there's some actual truth here.
                          I don't HATE hate it, but for the most part yeah I don't like it. As the guy said in that quote, the whole "really, water kills them?" is a groaner of epic proportions that really ruins the whole movie. I mean the entire atmosphere of the earth is water. If it really was holy water, one would expect this point would be expressed in a lot less subtle manner. Also, during M Night Shymalallaldnladingdong's cameo, he tells Mel Gibson he's going to a lake because "they don't like water".

I did enjoy some of the predeterminism. ie: 'Swing away, Merrill' and then we get to see Joaquin Phoenix go to town on an alien with a baseball bat. That was pretty sweet.

Comment

• zY|
                            • Sep 2009

I'm excited as fuck to see Straight Outta Compton this weekend.

Comment

• Luke
                              10 year vet
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by zY|
                              I'm excited as fuck to see Straight Outta Compton this weekend.

Yeah, I want to see that too
                              2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
                                10 year vet
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX
                                Did you see them all?

No. Some of those I wouldn't watch with a gun to my head. The ones I did were just okay. Even Gone Girl is highly overated .
                                2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

Working...