Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Off Topic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I liked Dirties. Never bothered with what we do in the shadows, but it's new enough that I don't have to worry about it just yet. Fury I loved. Best war movie since Saving Private Ryan in my opinion, that ending. Babadook was, without a doubt, the most refreshing breath of life into a dying Horror genre that I've seen in several years, and I'm an avid horror fanatic. It Follows I didn't like nearly as much. It was great until it started breaking it's own rules in the second/third acts. I would highly recommend Babadook and Fury to anyone who hasn't seen either of them. You won't be disappointed.
    That fucking ending indeed man. Got goosebumps, lol.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

God you tools talk too damn much.

Death Proof is a big piece of shit, with the exception of this scene, which is so fucking cool.

Also, Into the Wild was great, both book and movie.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

And I finally watched Game of Thrones and got damn is that show a tour de force. I think it might even be better than Breaking Bad, so far. They could still fuck it up as they have essentially caught up with the source material. I certainly hope not, though.

Also, as far as theories go.

R + L = J

I think I might be the only person on earth that doesn't watch GoT. It's just so much to catch up on, lol.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Éire View Post
    I think I might be the only person on earth that doesn't watch GoT. It's just so much to catch up on, lol.
    That's what I said for 3 years. Then I finally watched a few, and I didn't want to do anything else. It's only 50 episodes, and you have like 8 months. Really watch the first few and pay attention, and you'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    And I finally watched Game of Thrones and got damn is that show a tour de force. I think it might even be better than Breaking Bad, so far. They could still fuck it up as they have essentially caught up with the source material. I certainly hope not, though.

Also, as far as theories go.

R + L = J
    In regard to your first point, it's going to be interesting to see how that goes. The next book should be nearly completed so I'm sure GRRM can just share what he has with them and they can use that to build the next season or two off of. But I do suspect we'll start seeing a greater divergence between the show and the books from here on out.

As for your spoiler, I don't get it.
    I heart cock

That's what I said for 3 years. Then I finally watched a few, and I didn't want to do anything else. It's only 50 episodes, and you have like 8 months. Really watch the first few and pay attention, and you'll love it.

I watched the first season when it first aired back in the day. Then I started the second season as it was airing and for some reason after a few episodes I just kind of stopped watching. But just a few months ago I went back, started over from S1E1 and just rolled through it. Like zY says, it may seem like a lot but once you really start watching it doesn't feel that way. The show is simply a joy and you won't WANT to run out of material. By the time I was finally caught up I was kind of disappointed.
    I heart cock

I've tried to watch espisode 1 three times and haven't made it through it yet.

As for catching up, most the series I've watched were already off the air
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    In regard to your first point, it's going to be interesting to see how that goes. The next book should be nearly completed so I'm sure GRRM can just share what he has with them and they can use that to build the next season or two off of. But I do suspect we'll start seeing a greater divergence between the show and the books from here on out.

As for your spoiler, I don't get it.
    It's a gigantic spoiler fan theory if it turns out to be true. I think that it will, as there are quite a few clues especially in season 5, and apparently many more so in the books. Look it up.

Essentially, it's that Jon Snow is not Ned Stark's son. He's the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. R + L = J. Half-Targaryen, half Stark. Fire and Ice.

Last edited by zY|; 08-21-2015 at 05:00 PM.

It's a gigantic spoiler fan theory if it turns out to be true. I think that it will, as there are quite a few clues especially in season 5, and apparently many more so in the books. Look it up.
    I'll look it up. One thing I will say is that. . .

It seems like 90% of people who have read the books think that Jon Snow is not done for. I certainly hope not, as he is hands down my favorite character. A Jon Snow-less GoT just won't be as interesting.

I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I'll look it up. One thing I will say is that. . .

It seems like 90% of people who have read the books think that Jon Snow is not done for. I certainly hope not, as he is hands down my favorite character. A Jon Snow-less GoT just won't be as interesting.
    I edited with another spoiler.

There's no way he's done. I think the simplest explanation is Melisandre revives him.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I've tried to watch espisode 1 three times and haven't made it through it yet.

As for catching up, most the series I've watched were already off the air
    Team Breaking Bad?

Fuck these nerds.

Team Breaking Bad?

Fuck these nerds.
    Yep, started watching that during its last season and caught up right before the finale.

Last two series I've watched are Sopranos and True Dective .

Only show I watch week to week is Ray Donovan
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Yep, started watching that during its last season and caught up right before the finale.

Last two series I've watched are Sopranos and True Dective .

Only show I watch week to week is Ray Donovan
    I got to catch up with my shows. I watched the first season of Vikings, the first episode of GoT, the first 2 seasons of Walking Dead and all of Breaking Bad. Tried to get into Mad Men too but I got bored after the first few episodes. Dat ADHD.

I got to catch up with my shows. I watched the first season of Vikings, the first episode of GoT, the first 2 seasons of Walking Dead and all of Breaking Bad. Tried to get into Mad Men too but I got bored after the first few episodes. Dat ADHD.
    Move always wondered about Mad Men. Weeds is another I considered starting, and The Wire

Lost interest in The Walking Dead after two season...but think that was more because I was following week to week.
    When I have to wait a week to watch the next episode...or 6 months..I generally lose interest

Probably why I prefer movies
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Essentially, it's that Jon Snow is not Ned Stark's son. He's the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. R + L = J. Half-Targaryen, half Stark. Fire and Ice.
    I edited with another spoiler.

There's no way he's done. I think the simplest explanation is Melisandre revives him.

Okay, I just watched a video on the theory. Jesus. Mind=Blown. At least the way the video lays it out, it seems so OBVIOUS that it's true (but then again I guess that's how theories like this sometimes appear when they're arranged in a certain way).

I hope you're right that Jon is not gone. I am starting to believe. Like I said, he's my favorite character and I've just had the SENSE that ultimately the GoT story is HIS story. It's always seemed like, while on the surface he's somewhat peripheral as he's stuck off literally on the periphery at the Wall, that we're building up to something big with him.

I heart cock

Shows I'm watching right now. . .

GoT
    Vikings
    Halt and Catch Fire
    Hell on Wheels
    The Knick
    Deadwood
    I heart cock

What are you fucking nerds doing this fine Friday evening besides jerking off and crying?

What are you fucking nerds doing this fine Friday evening besides jerking off and crying?
    Well, as for me, I just spent an hour sitting in a university library reading the first 30 pages of the Casablanca script. But now that I'm home, it's hard to say but I feel certain it will involve alcohol--and possibly the latest episode of Hell of Wheels.

How about you?
    I heart cock

I went out to eat and grabbed some drinks. Now,I'll probably just sit and the back yard,set the dogs on fire, and drink while I watch them run around.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP