Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like we might finally get JDS vs Reem

JDS has been through some wars but lets not pretend that Reem hasn't been knocked out 9 times in his very long career. It could of course be argued that 75 minutes of getting the shit kicked out of you if worse than getting your brain switched off and being protected from further punishment 9 times.

I think this fight is a lock.

JDS KO RD. 1
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

^^^ I think after 3 minutes, I could KO Reem with a pillow to be honest
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Éire View Post
    I think this fight is a lock.

JDS KO RD. 1

I don't know that I'd quite say lock, but yes, I am quite confident that JDS takes it.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I don't know that I'd quite say lock, but yes, I am quite confident that JDS takes it.
    Fair enough. I really don't see any way that Overeem beats him.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Fair enough. I really don't see any way that Overeem beats him.
    The only way I can think of is the same way Werdum beat Cain:

JDS shows up and he just doesn't act like JDS.
    I heart cock

JDS' lack of improvement in the clinch over his career is still stunning to me and is a bad vulnerability to have against Reem(esp. with Reem being more gameplan oriented with Jackson's). Reem's defense is still pretty iffy though and wouldn't be able to survive a JDS overhand. There's also JDS' poor cage awareness that has him circling into it and sometimes cutting his own self off but is more of a problem against wrestlers and pressure strikers.

Reem would have to have the most consistent performance defense-wise of his MMA career but he has a decent shot at a dec. or late guillotine(he has an excellent one). He's the rightful big underdog though. Win or lose I have to say it's been a bit sad to see Junior's game stagnate and taking so much damage in this stage of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalHit View Post
    JDS' lack of improvement in the clinch over his career is still stunning to me and is a bad vulnerability to have against Reem(esp. with Reem being more gameplan oriented with Jackson's). Reem's defense is still pretty iffy though and wouldn't be able to survive a JDS overhand. There's also JDS' poor cage awareness that has him circling into it and sometimes cutting his own self off but is more of a problem against wrestlers and pressure strikers.

Reem would have to have the most consistent performance defense-wise of his MMA career but he has a decent shot at a dec. or late guillotine(he has an excellent one). He's the rightful big underdog though. Win or lose I have to say it's been a bit sad to see Junior's game stagnate and taking so much damage in this stage of his career.
    I agree with you for the most part.

If JDS comes in and starches Reem and just looks fantastic, do you put it down to Reem being a bum or do you think that Stipe is a lot better than people give him credit for? Cause although it seems that way, I'm not sure I'm ready to say that JDS has stagnated that much. I think he's still right behind Cain and Werdum. I just think Stipe has improved immensely.

If JDS comes in and starches Reem and just looks fantastic, do you put it down to Reem being a bum or do you think that Stipe is a lot better than people give him credit for? Cause although it seems that way, I'm not sure I'm ready to say that JDS has stagnated that much. I think he's still right behind Cain and Werdum. I just think Stipe has improved immensely.

Stipe is a lot better than people give him credit for. I'd pick him to beat JDS in a rematch.

Its gonna be hard for Reem to go 3 complete rounds without getting caught. He was even hurt by Roy in his last fight, and that was the smartest I've ever seen him fight. I just don't think he has the gas tank to play perfect defense for 3 rds.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I meant stagnate in the sense that he hasn't improved his weaker areas. He's still an elite HW no doubt and gives most of the top 10 hell. That lack of growth in large part opened the way for Stipe to have that much success pressuring and keeping him on the cage despite dropping the dec. imo. Stipe has improved as well.

JDS isn't old for HW and if it was just that then it wouldn't be too bad but when combined with the damage he's sustained in those 3 fights it's the kind of thing that could keep him away from ever regaining the belt. Not that it's Reem likely batters him. If anything it'll be brutal body knees.

The only way I can think of is the same way Werdum beat Cain:

JDS shows up and he just doesn't act like JDS.
    Cain did show up and act like Cain, though. Werdum just had the tools to neutralize all three of Cains gameplans. After that he just didn't know what else to do. Getting the shit beat out of you is way more tiring than dominating.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Cain did show up and act like Cain, though. Werdum just had the tools to neutralize all three of Cains gameplans. After that he just didn't know what else to do. Getting the shit beat out of you is way more tiring than dominating.
    I thought Cain looked like himself during the first round, which he actually won. But then he gassed. I really don't think you can say the Cain we saw in Mexico is the same Cain that usually goes five rounds with ease.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Stipe is a lot better than people give him credit for. I'd pick him to beat JDS in a rematch.

Its gonna be hard for Reem to go 3 complete rounds without getting caught. He was even hurt by Roy in his last fight, and that was the smartest I've ever seen him fight. I just don't think he has the gas tank to play perfect defense for 3 rds.
    Yeah Reem is basically f'd by the toxic equation of lack of cardio and lack of chin. It's a shame too because he is one the more skilled heavyweights.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Yeah Reem is basically f'd by the toxic equation of lack of cardio and lack of chin. It's a shame too because he is one the more skilled heavyweights.

If he had a JDS chin, he'd be champ
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I thought Cain looked like himself during the first round, which he actually won. But then he gassed. I really don't think you can say the Cain we saw in Mexico is the same Cain that usually goes five rounds with ease.
    We've never seen Cain's entire game shut down like that before in one round before, either, though. Like I said before getting your ass kicked is more tiring than dominating. He tried to do the JDS, but Werdum counters with the thai clinch, and knees to the body for his troubles. He tries taking Werdum down, and even ends up in side control right off the bat, but very quickly realizes he has to abandon the ground because he can't advance, or keep Werdum from regaining guard. He then tries his last ditch effort, kickboxing with a longer, rangier, more diverse striker, who proceeds to light his ass up. Cain may have won the first round, but if ever there was a pyrrhic victory, that was it.

How does he have a lack of chin? Of the guys who have KO/TKO'd Overeem in mma, only one of them isn't known as a heavy hitter/straight killer, an that's Arona, who also had good power when he wasn't trying to dive for legs and drag people to the mat so he could have his way with them and never call them again.

I (do not) Love Reem here
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

. . . and that's Arona, who also had good power when he wasn't trying to dive for legs and drag people to the mat so he could have his way with them and never call them again.
    . . . literally fuck them in the ass right in the middle of the cage.
    I heart cock

How does he have a lack of chin? Of the guys who have KO/TKO'd Overeem in mma, only one of them isn't known as a heavy hitter/straight killer, an that's Arona, who also had good power when he wasn't trying to dive for legs and drag people to the mat so he could have his way with them and never call them again.
    Fair enough. He's still been tko'd 10 times in MMA and I'm sure that the eleventh tko is on its' way.
    1 unit = 300 $

Fair enough. He's still been tko'd 10 times in MMA and I'm sure that the eleventh tko is on its' way.
    Of course it is, but for as long as he's been fighting(since 1997) and the guys he's fought, if he had a "bad" chin he'd have more than that. He had no trouble surviving when he fought Vitor(twice), Igor, Kharitonov(the first time), Hunt, Rogers, Duffee, or Nelson. Nelson did hurt him, yes, but he ate several right hands off Roy and had no trouble with them before the last one in the third round wobbled him.

He basically has a fight against another power hitter where he won for every power hitter he lost to.

The thing is, you have other guys like JDS, Hunt and Nelson himself who can just take shot after shot and it makes guys with chins like Overeem and Mir look pretty mediocre by comparison.
    I heart cock