Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Looks like we might finally get JDS vs Reem

The thing about Overeem is that once he's hurt, it almost always ends with him being sprawled out on the canvas. He is one of the worst at recovering from a hard shot. I think the Roy fight is the only time I've seen him get wobbled and not be brutally knocked out seconds later.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    The thing about Overeem is that once he's hurt, it almost always ends with him being sprawled out on the canvas. He is one of the worst at recovering from a hard shot. I think the Roy fight is the only time I've seen him get wobbled and not be brutally knocked out seconds later.
    I really don't think he was hurt that bad vs Roy. Joe Rogan sold it pretty good, though....HE HURT HIM!!!!.....HE"S IN TROUBLE
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    The thing is, you have other guys like JDS, Hunt and Nelson himself who can just take shot after shot and it makes guys with chins like Overeem and Mir look pretty mediocre by comparison.
    Yes but Hunt/Nelson are more the exception than the rule. Through history we've only seen 4 or 5 heavyweights who were almost impossible to hurt badly with one shot. Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, Minotauro Nogueira, Cabbage Correira, and maybe Igor Vovchanchyn.

Overeem does have abysmal reactions to being hurt, and his defense isn't great for a guy as good at striking as he is, that much is a given. I just don't feel it's a "chin" issue when the guy is fighting in a division where literally everyone has enough power to change the course of a fight in one punch/kick, no matter how far down the rankings they are.

When you look at the list of guys who KO/TKO'd Overeem, none of them are really surprising other than Arona. The fact that they KO/TKO'd Overeem isn't surprising because of Overeem, it's not surprising because they made careers out of doing that same thing to a majority of their opponents.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u