Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 194 Dec. 12th Aldo-McGregor

UFC 194 Dec. 12th Aldo-McGregor

Featherweight José Aldo (c) vs. Conor McGregor (ic)
    Middleweight Chris Weidman (c) vs. Luke Rockhold
    Middleweight Ronaldo Souza vs. Yoel Romero
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Who I THINK will win: Aldo, Weidman, Jacare.

But as for who I WANT to win, I'd love to see Conor and Luke take those belts.
    I heart cock

If I had to pick right now, I'd say McGregor, Weidman, and Jacare win.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

McGregor/Aldo is very interesting. I'm guessing McGregor probably wins. I don't think Aldo can KO McGregor. His chin is really really good. Aldo by decision or McGregor stops Aldo. I'll take Aldo for a bet because he'll end up ~+200 IMO.

I think Rockhold will be very competitive with Weidman but I think Weidman wins a decision and probably a close one.

Jacare/Romero is a real good fight. I have to give the edge to Jacare though.

I like Jacare to grapple fuck Romero the way Bruson did for two rds......minus the third rd KO
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Conor TKO 2ND. RD

Weidman UD 48-47

Jacare SUB 3RD. RD
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Aldo by submission in round 3
    Weidman by KO in round 2
    Jacare by submission in round 2
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Jacare opened as a -170 favorite over Romero today
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'd say that sounds about right but I might be underestimating Romero like I did when he fought Machida.
    I heart cock

Maybe I'm being a pessimist but I could see 2 of these fights falling apart easily. Aldo's withdrawal rate is well established and this fight fell through once. Weidman/Vitor took nearly 2 years to go down and AKA is teeming with injuries. Plus this is like the third time they've tried to schedule Jacare/Romero.

If this card stays intact it's looking beautiful. I have;

Conor 49-46 dec.
    Rockhold 48-47 dec.
    Jacare sub round 3

Like you say, it's a great card if it stays together. It really is just AMAZING how many fights have fallen apart over the last few years because of injuries. I remember, when I was writing betting articles for this MMA magazine a while back, the frequency with which I would submit my article and then by the time it hit newsstands 1 or more of the fights I capped had been called off. It actually was so bad that they just didn't want to do the articles anymore.

I don't know what the deal is. Not sure if MMA fighters need start training differently or what.
    I heart cock

Jacare by sub seems to be unanimous. At -170, I'm probably going to put a little money down on him.

What are the odds for Weidman vs. Rockhold?
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Like you say, it's a great card if it stays together. It really is just AMAZING how many fights have fallen apart over the last few years because of injuries. I remember, when I was writing betting articles for this MMA magazine a while back, the frequency with which I would submit my article and then by the time it hit newsstands 1 or more of the fights I capped had been called off. It actually was so bad that they just didn't want to do the articles anymore.

I don't know what the deal is. Not sure if MMA fighters need start training differently or what.
    Rocketnews24_604805_s.jpg

I still think my bubblewrap idea would stymie the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Éire View Post
    Jacare by sub seems to be unanimous. At -170, I'm probably going to put a little money down on him.

I'm really not so sure Jacare will be able to get the sub here. Other than Mousasi, he hasn't subbed a top-tier fighter in years. And he couldn't get the sub on Carmont.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it wouldn't shock me at all if it happened but I definitely don't consider it a lock.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalHit View Post
    Rocketnews24_604805_s.jpg

I still think my bubblewrap idea would stymie the issue.

I support it.
    I heart cock

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Fighters started dropping out of fights at an alarming rate when the UFC started covering them with insurance. Before if they were injured, they just didn't get paid. Now, if they get injured they get paid a certain amount of money, so they're arent as likely to fight when injured....even if its a small injury
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Will be putting some cash down on all 3 fights for sure.

Honestly the thing that brought this on was the UFC agreeing to provide health insurance for the fighters, and cover injuries that happened during camp on the policy. This happened around 2010-2011ish, and before that you had guys getting hurt just as frequently, the difference was they fought anyway so that they could say it happened in the cage, and get their medical bills paid.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Will be putting some cash down on all 3 fights for sure.

Same here
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP