Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk betting. Where's everyone at?

Let's talk betting. Where's everyone at?

So where's everyone at in their betting career right now?

Are you betting on MMA presently? If so, are you betting regularly or only occasionally? And what are your goals for the rest of this year and next year?

I'm betting, but only occasionally. This is largely due to so many cards and the whole situation with many of the cards being watered down and having a ton of fighters I haven't even begun to know. Also, I had to liquidate most of my accounts a little while back to pay bills so my bankroll is pretty small right now.

But I'm still in the game!

And I'm hoping to make some real moves over the next year and a half. I need to build my bankroll back up and start treating this whole thing like a business -- researching fights, shopping for lines, going out of my way to know who all these new guys are.

As for hard goals, I'd like to pick up 15 units between now and the end of the year. That's a reasonable goal, I think. And I'd like to double that or better next year.
    I heart cock

I'm ready to hit things hard as soon as football starts in a few weeks. I'd like to win 30 units over the next year.

With so many cards, that shouldn't be too hard as long as your careful. I think more cards is making it easier to win to be honest
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Haven't made a bet since before 2014. Cashed out last summer for plane tickets to Montana for vacation. Good times
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I'm ready to hit things hard as soon as football starts in a few weeks. I'd like to win 30 units over the next year.

With so many cards, that shouldn't be too hard as long as your careful. I think more cards is making it easier to win to be honest
    So once football kicks in are you going to be betting on football AND MMA?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Haven't made a bet since before 2014. Cashed out last summer for plane tickets to Montana for vacation. Good times
    Why haven't you gotten back in the game? Are you planning on reloading?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    So once football kicks in are you going to be betting on football AND MMA?
    Yes
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Why haven't you gotten back in the game? Are you planning on reloading?
    Haven't had the drive, honestly. Not exactly in a good financial place at the moment, and even when I was I wasn't feeling it anymore. Oddsmakers just got too good at setting the lines for my liking.

Haven't had the drive, honestly. Not exactly in a good financial place at the moment, and even when I was I wasn't feeling it anymore. Oddsmakers just got too good at setting the lines for my liking.
    I'm not in the best financial place earlier--some things never change, I know--but I still keep a few hundred in my BM account, which I really want to build up.

So you're pretty much just done from a betting standpoint? Going the way of zY and Scientist?
    I heart cock

I'm not in the best financial place earlier--some things never change, I know--but I still keep a few hundred in my BM account, which I really want to build up.

So you're pretty much just done from a betting standpoint? Going the way of zY and Scientist?
    More or less. I'm not entirely convinced that zY ever did bet, though.

More or less. I'm not entirely convinced that zY ever did bet, though.
    Hmm, well that sucks. This is another reason why we need some new blood around here. We're a betting forum. People should be betting.
    I heart cock

There are plenty of bettors on Sherdog who love wiseman specials and shit. We could recruit there.

There are plenty of bettors on Sherdog who love wiseman specials and shit. We could recruit there.
    I've been trying actually. I feel like if we're going to do this and try to kickstart the site back into action then we HAVE to get some new, regular members. I actually sent out over 50 recruitment PMs yesterday.
    I heart cock

Hmm, well that sucks. This is another reason why we need some new blood around here. We're a betting forum. People should be betting.

I dont one care if people bet or not. Some of the best betting opinions I've ever received came from guys that never bet

Just predict/breakdown the fights
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I dont one care if people bet or not. Some of the best betting opinions I've ever received came from guys that never bet

Just predict/breakdown the fights
    Well I think it's fun to see how everyone's doing in the tracker and see people discussing lines, value, etc. Typically only active bettors do that. And only bettors are united in that common cause to win money.
    Last edited by SPX; 08-18-2015 at 04:28 PM.
    I heart cock

Well I think it's fun to see how everyone's doing in the tracker and see people discussing lines, value, etc. Typically only active bettors do that. And only bettors are united in that common cause to win money.

You don't even need to know how to read a line to be helpful, IMO. Who is going to win is really the only thing I care about in a fight. The other stuff is important, but in the end, who wins is all that matters
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

You don't even need to know how to read a line to be helpful, IMO. Who is going to win is really the only thing I care about in a fight. The other stuff is important, but in the end, who wins is all that matters
    It's all that's important from a business standpoint, but I'm more talking about community, not just the cold details of making money.
    I heart cock

Luke and I have been fucking things in the ass this year. Luke is being modest.

Luke cashed out like $20k from some book because of football not too long ago.

We each won like $1,000,000 on RDA beating Pettis.

We won't talk about betting on Reem over Rothwell though.

I know I'm a noob but I disagree with that. It can be dangerous to have opinions on who'll win unless people give a % chance of a win, which you can then compare to the odds. People often pick someone they're 70% confident will win but then you've got odds saying it's a 75% win chance, in which case you shouldn't bet it cos the odds are worse than the user's perceived win chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BetMMA View Post
    I know I'm a noob but I disagree with that. It can be dangerous to have opinions on who'll win unless people give a % chance of a win, which you can then compare to the odds. People often pick someone they're 70% confident will win but then you've got odds saying it's a 75% win chance, in which case you shouldn't bet it cos the odds are worse than the user's perceived win chance.
    I agree with what you're saying. I make the %'s up myself and compare them to the odds. Actually, I usually set a line before hand and then compare it to the real odds when they come out. I was just saying, for me, someone telling me who they think is going to win and giving me a breakdown is all I want . The rest I can do on my own....if that makes sense.

I'd never just blindly bet on guys because I think they're going to win
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Yeah, I just mean if you get 10 people all saying A is gunna win and 0 saying B is gunna win, that's a dangerous stat. They might all think it's a 70-30 fight, then the odds come out at -500 or something and it's actually a bad bet to go for A. I'm sure we agree on all this anyway, I was just talking generally about looking at raw straight pick data. :)