Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: hi!

hi!

Hi guys. Someone called shadow_priest_x on sherdog asked me to sign up to the site after reading about my betting website, so here I am. :)

My site's Bet MMA, which is an MMA handicapper directory and MMA stats site. Me and the priest were talking about how we could have a mutually beneficial bit of linking / interaction between the two sites. I'm hoping some of you guys will be interested in signing up as handicappers (basically just log your picks, which takes about 2 mins per event) and I'll happily post about your picks / site if you do well and post my own picks on here too. If you're not interested in being a handicapper, hopefully you'll find the site useful anyway, with all the stats we've got. We've got plenty of stats specifically for betting on MMA, like MMA favourites vs underdogs betting and I've built pages like this one for the next UFC event, which is a lot of useful info for bettors.... basically all the basics I want to know when I'm scouting fights.

As for me personally, I've been self employed in the MMA industry since 2009 on MMA Tycoon. I'm from Leeds, England and live with my girlfriend of 12 or so years. Other than MMA I'm into most sports... Football (soccer), golf and used to race karts. But pretty much I'll watch all sports.

Hey man, good to have you around!

So what exactly is the deal with MMA Tycoon? It seems to be like a fantasy MMA thing but it's obviously more than just picking fights. Can you explain it a bit better? And out of curiosity, what do you mean by "I've been self-employed in the MMA industry since 2009" on the website. Does it generate enough revenue for you to live off of? That's pretty cool, if true.

I may sign up as a capper on your site. I actually used to write for an MMA mag (Ultimate MMA) and had several betting articles published with those guys. Unfortunately, the magazine eventually folded.
    I heart cock

MMA Tycoon is a management game.... Basically like Football Manager / Championship Manager for MMA, if you know that PC game. You can manage x number of fighters, run an org, clothing co, nutrition co, gym, bookies etc. Browse around and you'll get a feel for it. It's all text based with sliders for setting tactics pre fight, then you can watch the text report of the fight afterwards. Kinda like a much better WeBL if you played that (boxing).

It makes enough to live off, yep. Not as much as it did a few years ago (around 2011 was the peak I think), which is one reason I set up Bet MMA, to generate some income a different way, be that through selling picks for people, getting referral income from bookies or from driving a bit of traffic to Tycoon to get some new managers in there. When I started Tycoon we used to get massive amounts of forum traffic / buzz which meant we had as many as 12,000 active managers back then. Now it's a relatively established / old game, we don't get any forum threads so I have to work a lot harder to get people into the site! :) At it's peak it was doing 14 million page views a month. It's about 4 million now, I think. Anyway, you can play for free or buy VIP at $30 for extra stuff if you want, so that's how I make the money, not through advertising etc. Make a good product and people will pay for it - that's the business model I try and go for, rather than trying to make money through ads and traffic etc.

Back to BetMMA though, it would be great to get you guys on board and you're more than welcome to link to wherever you like from your profile.

Interesting. I'll definitely give it a look and, as someone who's always on the lookout for ways to make money that don't require doing the traditional 9-to-5, I think it's pretty cool and interesting that you came up with this website and are making a living off of it.

As an aside, you pointed out that the site peaked around 2011. I think that was also MMA's peak, around 2009-2011. It's kind of funny how MMA is now on FOX and gets mainstream coverage from ESPN and other news outlets and the UFC has expanded to do events all around the world, and yet MMA has declined in popularity from the days when the UFC was mostly on SPIKE and was doing fewer events and definitely fewer global events.

Oh MMA, what a strange creature you are.
    I heart cock

That's probably true but I don't think that's why we hit our peak then... it was just the natural ebb and flow of the game as people came and went and talked about the site elsewhere. Would be sweet to get a renaisance off the back of making bet mma a really good resource for MMA betting, so fingers crossed :)

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Interesting. I'll definitely give it a look and, as someone who's always on the lookout for ways to make money that don't require doing the traditional 9-to-5, I think it's pretty cool and interesting that you came up with this website and are making a living off of it.

As an aside, you pointed out that the site peaked around 2011. I think that was also MMA's peak, around 2009-2011. It's kind of funny how MMA is now on FOX and gets mainstream coverage from ESPN and other news outlets and the UFC has expanded to do events all around the world, and yet MMA has declined in popularity from the days when the UFC was mostly on SPIKE and was doing fewer events and definitely fewer global events.

Oh MMA, what a strange creature you are.
    Two words: Brock Lesnar.

It got popular when he arrived and started declining the second he left
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by BetMMA View Post
    Hi guys. Someone called shadow_priest_x on sherdog asked me to sign up to the site after reading about my betting website, so here I am. :)

My site's Bet MMA, which is an MMA handicapper directory and MMA stats site. Me and the priest were talking about how we could have a mutually beneficial bit of linking / interaction between the two sites. I'm hoping some of you guys will be interested in signing up as handicappers (basically just log your picks, which takes about 2 mins per event) and I'll happily post about your picks / site if you do well and post my own picks on here too. If you're not interested in being a handicapper, hopefully you'll find the site useful anyway, with all the stats we've got. We've got plenty of stats specifically for betting on MMA, like MMA favourites vs underdogs betting and I've built pages like this one for the next UFC event, which is a lot of useful info for bettors.... basically all the basics I want to know when I'm scouting fights.

As for me personally, I've been self employed in the MMA industry since 2009 on MMA Tycoon. I'm from Leeds, England and live with my girlfriend of 12 or so years. Other than MMA I'm into most sports... Football (soccer), golf and used to race karts. But pretty much I'll watch all sports.
    I just checked out betmma.tips real fast. Seems like you have a lot of stats there...which I think is nice. I saw one handicapper on there I knew : Luca Fury

Couple questions:

On his page here: http://www.betmma.tips/mma_handicapper.php?ID=105600 does he currently have 2 or 4 picks posted?

If its 4, then I have another question:
    Paid Pick: Hidden Prop Bet (Straight Pick Bet)

What does this^^ mean? Its under props/parlays but says straight pick bet. Are they both straight wagers on a prop, not parlay?

Overall, the site looks great. Surprised I hadn't seen it before. I'll look at it more closely later tonight
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Thanks :) It's pretty much brand new, so not really pushed it until like a week ago.... I had handicappers on there making picks from before that but it was still very much a work in progress and I have been adding probably 10 new pages / things a week.

As for Luca's picks, he does a lot of open parlays, which I don't have available yet as a feature, so I've asked him to just put them as props and put a note in the pick breakdown that this is part of the open parlay, then I'm checking and removing the first bit of the open parlay when he posts the completed parlay... Hope that makes sense :D I'm gunna have open parlays programmed in within a week or so, hopefully.

So yeah, he's got two open parlays there and the first legs are both straight fight picks.

Thanks :) It's pretty much brand new, so not really pushed it until like a week ago.... I had handicappers on there making picks from before that but it was still very much a work in progress and I have been adding probably 10 new pages / things a week.

As for Luca's picks, he does a lot of open parlays, which I don't have available yet as a feature, so I've asked him to just put them as props and put a note in the pick breakdown that this is part of the open parlay, then I'm checking and removing the first bit of the open parlay when he posts the completed parlay... Hope that makes sense :D I'm gunna have open parlays programmed in within a week or so, hopefully.

So yeah, he's got two open parlays there and the first legs are both straight fight picks.
    Understood. I dont buy picks, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious who others were on. The explanation makes perfect sense and will make things easier to read going forward. And thanks for answering so quick. I may have more as I browse the site
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

For sure - it's always interesting to see who other people are going for.

I've just made some improvements to the homepage so you can see who has free / paid picks in the mini leaderboard. I've also defaulted to free picks, as opposed to defaulting to paid picks. Lots of people just leave it as default so we'll have more free picks now :)

It's not too late for introductions, I hope. I came from Sherdog as well, heard about this from SPX. I'm happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceArch View Post
    It's not too late for introductions, I hope. I came from Sherdog as well, heard about this from SPX. I'm happy to be here.
    We should probably make an "introductions" thread. I think we had one at one time.

But welcome man, glad to have you! You'll find that we're a small, but active, community.
    I heart cock

What does the average handicapper make selling picks on betmma? I am referring to the profitable ones.
    1 unit = 300 $

I signed up to log play on your site, but was having trouble. For some reason it wouldn't submit my plays
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    What does the average handicapper make selling picks on betmma? I am referring to the profitable ones.
    One guy on his site(Fury) claims he made like 100k last year selling plays...but he has his own site too
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by VinceArch View Post

Never too late. Welcome man.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Nothing yet. I only started publicising it about 2 weeks ago and honestly, very few people have worked up a total worth paying for yet.

My plan is to get an app going on Android in the next couple of months and I think that'll probably be the main source of new users. I made all the stats free to hopefully drive traffic and also, hopefully when we get more handicappers a few of them will start publicising the site too. I've spent the last week or so doing a hell of a lot of SEO, so the site's pushing its way onto page 1 of google now for stuff like mma betting tips, mma statistics etc, which is good.

So yeah, it's a steady and difficult process as I'm sure you guys know, setting up a new site, but it's getting there :) I've also got around 100,000 emails on file from MMA Tycoon that I can email if I want to, once we've got some more handicappers making solid unit profits. I haven't done that or any paid ads yet though - I don't really see the point until we get a few more people over 40+ units.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I signed up to log play on your site, but was having trouble. For some reason it wouldn't submit my plays
    What's it doing for you? Lemme know your ID and I will take a look... Also, if you follow me on twitter and let me know who you are, I'll follow you and you can DM me.

Bet MMA Twitter

Welcome to the forum!!!
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

What's it doing for you? Lemme know your ID and I will take a look... Also, if you follow me on twitter and let me know who you are, I'll follow you and you can DM me.

Bet MMA Twitter
    Was trying to add a parlay and it kept telling me max was 3 units, so I cranked it down to 2 units and it still woulnd't take it. It was late, so I just gave up. I'll try it again today and if I still can't get it, I'll PM you.

Some how I already follow you on twitter, and you follow me L Fulmer
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP