Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 192: Cormier vs. Gustafsson October 3rd

UFC 192: Cormier vs. Gustafsson October 3rd

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

DC via UD 49-46 (Although I really want Gus to win.)
    Rashad via TKO 3RD RD.
    Hendricks via UD 30-27
    Joey B via Sub 3RD RD.

Will probably put a little money on Gus and Rashad.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Éire View Post
    Will probably put a little money on Gus and Rashad.

Rashad fucking destroyed Sonnen in his last fight, but that also was two years ago. So I'd be a little cautious. I really think it's hard to know what we're going to get from him considering not only the layoff but also the fact that he's 35 and fighting an underrated middleweight who's on a four fight win streak.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Rashad fucking destroyed Sonnen in his last fight, but that also was two years ago. So I'd be a little cautious. I really think it's hard to know what we're going to get from him considering not only the layoff but also the fact that he's 35 and fighting an underrated middleweight who's on a four fight win streak.
    Agree. Bader keeps proving me wrong lol. Unless Rashad comes in looking like literal shit, I don't think Bader has a chance. I said that about the Davis fight too though. (Fuck that though, Phil won that fight.)
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

I think Bader is underrated and has been since he got murdered by Jones. In their primes, yeah, Rashad beats him 9 out of 10 times.

And it's not like Rashad is any stranger to looking like literal shit. That's exactly what he looked like against Lil' Nog.
    I heart cock

Last time Rashad came in off a layoff he lost to Lil Nog. That layoff was only one year, this one is two. Bader really thinks he deserves a title shot so I think he'll be the more motivated one. Rashad on the other hand plays on FS1 all the time and that seems to be his plan after he retires.

Ill be on Bader or pass
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Last time Rashad came in off a layoff he lost to Lil Nog. That layoff was only one year, this one is two. Bader really thinks he deserves a title shot so I think he'll be the more motivated one. Rashad on the other hand plays on FS1 all the time and that seems to be his plan after he retires.

Ill be on Bader or pass
    All good points. You're making me rethink my bet here.

All good points. You're making me rethink my bet here.
    I've been burnt too many times taking guys coming off long layoffs....no more. I'm honestly leaning on just passing
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Agree. Bader keeps proving me wrong lol. Unless Rashad comes in looking like literal shit, I don't think Bader has a chance. I said that about the Davis fight too though. (Fuck that though, Phil won that fight.)
    Nobody won that fight. Neither one of them did fuck all for fifteen minutes. I honestly would have been fine with a draw. They both deserved to have L's on their record for that fight.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I think I had the Bader/Davis fight a 30-29 Bader. Really an uninteresting marginal fight.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalHit View Post
    I think I had the Bader/Davis fight a 30-29 Bader. Really an uninteresting marginal fight.
    Very much so. It was honestly so uneventful, I didn't even care who the judges picked. I would have been fine with a majority draw, even. I can count on one hand the amount of meaningful strikes in that fight. Round 3 was the only round worth paying attention to, since they landed 16 and 11 strikes in the first two rounds combined. When you have two guys landing less than 2 strikes a minute through ten minutes, with no successful takedowns, then something is seriously amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Very much so. It was honestly so uneventful, I didn't even care who the judges picked.
    It's always interesting when people say things like this. "The fight bored me so the winner didn't deserve to win."
    I heart cock

It's always interesting when people say things like this. "The fight bored me so the winner didn't deserve to win."
    I didn't say it bored me. I said it was uneventful. It was like watching a sparring session. Who gives a shit who wins when it looks like neither one of them is even trying to win?

By the way, I'm still kind of upset that Bader isn't getting a title shot instead of Gus. He was literally the only guy in the top 10 with any kind of winning streak, and he got passed up for a guy who lost two of his last three, an who's only win was against an unproven prospect as a rebound fight.

True story: Ryan Bader landed a total of 12 strikes in rds 1& 2 and somehow won one of those rds
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    True story: Ryan Bader landed a total of 12 strikes in rds 1& 2 and somehow won one of those rds
    The judges need to be a lot more liberal with 10-10 and 10-8 rounds.

The judges need to be a lot more liberal with 10-10 and 10-8 rounds.

I agree . 30-29 probably was the right score
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Who gives a shit who wins when it looks like neither one of them is even trying to win?
    When we're talking about a professional athletic contest you have to judge it as such. Both guys were probably just overly cautious. I'm sure it wasn't a situation where they literally didn't give a shit.
    I heart cock

When we're talking about a professional athletic contest you have to judge it as such. Both guys were probably just overly cautious. I'm sure it wasn't a situation where they literally didn't give a shit.
    Could have fooled me. Honestly. It looked like neither guy was motivated by anything other than not getting knocked the fuck out. Like two Machida's post Shogun, or two Bispings right after the H-bomb incident fighting each other. Neither guy was going after anything other than busy work. There were no takedowns in the first two rounds, and they landed 12 and 16 strikes in those two rounds. Not each, combined. Bader has 12 strikes, Davis had 16 landed with 0 successful takedowns through 10 minutes.

If they were treating it like a professional contest they sure as fuck didn't do a very good job showing people that.

I am a Cormier nut hugger, but I think Gus is the play at +300. This will be my first time ever not betting on Cormier in one of his fights ever.

Remember when you homos called me crazy for unloading on Cormier against Bigfoot at +140?