Thread: UFC enlists lawfirm to investigate Anthony Johnson's Gym Rant

UFC enlists lawfirm to investigate Anthony Johnson's Gym Rant

For those who haven't heard about this. . .

Former UFC title challenger Anthony Johnson is again in the headlines after posting a lengthy Facebook rant about a woman he allegedly confronted in a gym.

According to Johnson’s post, screen captured by USA TODAY Sports partner The Big Lead, he said he threw the woman’s yoga mat when she confronted him for lifting weights close to where she was stretching.

“If you get in my way or any other (athlete’s) way again I’ll throw your yoga mat across the gym AGAIN,” he wrote in the post, now deleted. “Don’t ever run your mouth at me again you won’t win that battle I will. You need more than stretching to help that beat up body.”

Johnson, who was submitted by Daniel Cormier for the light heavyweight belt at May’s UFC 187, removed his Facebook post and replaced it with another message, writing, “I’ll always speak my mind and how I feel I’m not afraid of the consequences.”

“When ppl do dumb sh-t it annoys me,” he later wrote in a Twitter post. “I only told the short version. I skip the part when she was talking sh-t.”

The UFC did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Johnson, 31, has repeatedly found himself in hot water after allegations of domestic abuse. In 2010, he pleaded no contest to domestic violence and two other misdemeanor charges and was sentenced to three years’ probation after he allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend’s house and dragged her up a flight of stairs. He claimed he acted in self-defense.

The UFC suspended Johnson in 2014 and opened an investigation into his behavior after the mother of his child obtained an order of protection and alleged threats and abuse. The investigation concluded after the woman withdrew her order and a judge dismissed a civil case.

One month prior to his return to the UFC in April 2014, MMAjunkie reported that an ex-girlfriend of Johnson’s declined to pursue charges after an incident at a martial arts studio where she worked. Although she declined to press charges, she said she wanted her report to remain public record.

Johnson (19-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) is set to fight Jimi Manuwa (15-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) on Sept. 5 at UFC 191, which takes place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

And Johnson's so-called rant:

“To the ugly girl in the gym built like a bag of dry dog food, this is for you. If you get in my way or any other athlete way again I’ll through your yoga mat across the gym AGAIN.

“Who in their right mind stretches where ppl are suppose to lift? Don’t ever run your mouth at me again you won’t win that battle I will. Talking about it was rude that I lifted next to you while you were stretching. You need more than stretching to help that beat up body.

“Run to the front desk again crying talking about you feel threaten and gonna go to social media. I really don’t care! I’ve been through worse! That’s a athletes gym not a yoga studio. That fake crying does nothing for anybody btw. Just like the guy said you live in his neighborhood and you exaggerate and overreact all the time …

“So one more time don’t run your mouth and don’t do yoga stretching where ppl lift weights or I’ll snatch the mat from under you AGAIN and throw it AGAIN …

“Understand? Good girl …

“One more thing stop wearing sports bras when your tummy look like a old country red clay dirt road.”

I heart cock

I know what you're thinking. "Oh no he didn't!" Right? Apparently the UFC felt the same way.

Former UFC light heavyweight title challenger Anthony Johnson is the subject of yet another UFC initiated investigation, this time for a Facebook rant in which he repeatedly insulted a woman from his gym and said he “snatched” her yoga mat from under her and threw it across the gym.

Johnson (19-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) apologized after the rant, which many called misogynistic due to his repeated insults about the woman’s looks, became a topic of discussion across multiple websites.

“UFC is aware of the situation involving Anthony Johnson,” a UFC statement provided to MMAjunkie read. “We take these matters seriously and have commenced a formal investigation by a third-party law firm. We will act accordingly once we gather more information.”

This is not the first time Johnson has been the subject of an investigation initiated by the UFC. He was suspended this past year following domestic violence allegations from the mother of his children and later reinstated after the woman withdrew a protective order. The UFC claimed to be initiating an investigation during that suspension.

The 31-year-old also was found guilty after pleading no contest to domestic violence charges in 2010.

Johnson is currently scheduled to face Jimi Manuwa 15-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) at UFC 191 on Sept. 5 at Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena. The bout will be Johnson’s first since being submitted by Daniel Cormier in a bid for the then-vacant UFC light heavyweight championship.
    I heart cock

Personally, I think it's hilarious. But considering AJ's previous domestic violence issues, which have negatively affected his career in the past, it may be smart to chill out.
    I heart cock

Overreaction by the UFC. Rumble's rant was funny but he probably should have left it off of facebook.

I assume they're just trying to dot the Is and cross their Ts and do what they're "supposed" to do as a responsible sports organization. Behind the scenes they probably laughed their asses off.
    I heart cock

Not that big a deal IMO. He does have a past with domestic violence but throwing a yoga mat isn't cause for the UFC to conduct an investigation, lol.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

What I think is strange is that the gyms these pro fighters are training in are also open to the public and that a situation like this could even occur.
    I heart cock

I agree with the UFC. If this guy wants to target a woman and throw her yoga mat across the gym, then fuck him.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I agree with the UFC. If this guy wants to target a woman and throw her yoga mat across the gym, then fuck him.
    I don't think we know the full story.
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalHit View Post
    Overreaction by the UFC. Rumble's rant was funny but he probably should have left it off of facebook.
    Pretty much my thoughts. No idea why he'd be stupid enough to post that on Facebook?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I don't really see the huge issue here? Yes he has a past with domestic abuse, but if he was lifting in the designated area for lifting, then she shouldn't be so close to the weight area(I find it hard to believe he'd pick up the weights and walk around to a completely different area of the gym with them). Throwing her yoga mat may have been a bit much, as was the rant, but there's nothing inherently dubious about it.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

He's an idiot for posting it on facebook in todays climate, but I still think its harmless at the end of the day.

I think the bigger issue here is, who told this bitch she could leave the kitchen to do yoga?
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    He's an idiot for posting it on facebook in todays climate, but I still think its harmless at the end of the day.

I think the bigger issue here is, who told this bitch she could leave the kitchen to do yoga?

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Those were the days. . .

I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Those were the days. . .

A young Paula Deen I see. Bitch must be baking her famous diabetes fritters again with all that butter.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u