Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm - Jan 2.

Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm - Jan 2.

It seems Holly, not Miesha will be getting the next shot at Ronda.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/ufc-cha...ate-at-ufc-195

Id rather see this than Tate again. I thought the Tate fight was a done deal but I guess not.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

It's really odd they've done this about turn. Anyone know why?

Nobody was interested in a Tate 3rd fight but nobody's going to be interested in a Holm fight either cos she's looked so laclustre. I believe Holm would have ultimately been the best test of Rousey but now they've not let her build up a fanbase or get comfortable in the octagon before throwing her in for a title fight, she's not going to do herself justice and it's going to be hard work for the UFC to convince people Holm deserves a second shot further down the line, when she will be more ready.

Quote Originally Posted by BetMMA View Post
    Nobody was interested in a Tate 3rd fight but nobody's going to be interested in a Holm fight either cos she's looked so laclustre.
    I think of all the potential candidates Tate is the best and I would say that I was at least interested in seeing a third fight since Tate is the only person to take Rousey to the third round. Not only that, but Tate did better in the second fight than the first so maybe that bodes well for her in a third match?

Holm isn't ready. She needs at least a couple of more fights before pushing her into the title picture. I don't understand this decision.
    I heart cock

I suspected they were going to announce this last night. Saw a report on twitter that the UFC had alerted Albuquerque news to tune into a Rousey interview this morning.

As for why they decided against Tate-Rousey 3: guessing they are waiting to do it at UFC 200
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk (10-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) will likely rematch Claudia Gadelha (13-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) in the co-headliner of the card

Might as well put Tate and Paige on this card also and make it an all female main card
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I suspected they were going to announce this last night. Saw a report on twitter that the UFC had alerted Albuquerque news to tune into a Rousey interview this morning.

As for why they decided against Tate-Rousey 3: guessing they are waiting to do it at UFC 200
    It doesn't make much sense to do Tate-Rousey 3, honestly. Tate still has nothing for Rousey. She can't strike with her, can't grapple with her, and can't clinch with her. Honestly her best bet is to try for something crazy a-la Werdum/Fedor and hope she can catch Rousey in something sneaky.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    It doesn't make much sense to do Tate-Rousey 3, honestly. Tate still has nothing for Rousey. She can't strike with her, can't grapple with her, and can't clinch with her. Honestly her best bet is to try for something crazy a-la Werdum/Fedor and hope she can catch Rousey in something sneaky.
    Cyborg-Rousey is the only fight to make. Any other is just stupid with a -1000 line
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I'm not sure that Ronda is a better striker than Tate, her recent KO win not withstanding.
    I heart cock

Too soon for Holm, untested and far from ready. I'd rather Tate III, she's earned it and we've seen that fresh doesn't really amount to better with the last 3 Rousey fights being quick and mostly uncompetitive (McMann at least landed some punches).

Hell, if they were dead set on not giving it to Tate then Nunes would have been a better choice I think.

Nunes is a beast.
    1 unit = 300 $

Yeah, Nunes has like a 100% finish rate for her wins and she's been improving quite a bit. Going too hard for the finish cost her against Zingano. Nunes learned from that and against McMann she picked her shots much better after knocking her down and got the choke.

She also showed pretty good TDD last time out.

Maybe Rousey can fight Tate and Holm at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalHit View Post
    Yeah, Nunes has like a 100% finish rate for her wins and she's been improving quite a bit. Going too hard for the finish cost her against Zingano. Nunes learned from that and against McMann she picked her shots much better after knocking her down and got the choke.

She also showed pretty good TDD last time out.

I'd be interested in seeing a Nunes/Zingano rematch. For that matter, I also would be okay with Rousey/Zingano 2. I think Cat fucked up in that fight and would do better a second time out.
    I heart cock

Give me Nunes.

Although I imagine they're giving her Holly before she loses unceremoniously to some other random top 10 fighter and there goes a promotable fight. Nunes will stick around finishing fools regardless.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    Maybe Rousey can fight Tate and Holm at the same time?
    Naked
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Naked

Lmao, you goofs are sleeping on Holly. She's gonna keep that distance with her jab and her boxing and take it into later rounds. TRUST. Big money to be made on this fight. Completely serious.

Ronda via armbar in round 1 you goofs.

"Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Wouldn't it be insane if Holm DID actually KO Ronda?
    I heart cock