Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 193: Lawler vs. Condit November 14th

UFC 193: Lawler vs. Condit November 14th

Last edited by Luke; 08-19-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Bigfoot-Hunt 2 just announced. Up to date card:

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Definitely going to be on Robbie with those odds. And Hunt might actually kill Bigfoot this time.
    I heart cock

I still can't believe the punishment Bigfoot withstood in the Hunt fight(though he was about to be finished in the 5th if not for the ref).

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalHit View Post
    I still can't believe the punishment Bigfoot withstood in the Hunt fight(though he was about to be finished in the 5th if not for the ref).
    That fight was insane. And both guys are in a weird spot right now. Consider:

Going into the fight with Bigfoot, Hunt was 4-1 in his last 5. He was in the middle of a career resurgence, was looking great and was on his way to fighting for the interim title.

Going into the fight with Hunt, Bigfoot had recently had unexpected wins over Browne and Overeem and was experiencing something of a resurgence of his own.

And since that fight both fighters are 1-2 and have just kind of been looking like shit. So it's really hard to determine where both those guys are at right now. But I think that unless Bigfoot is back on TRT that Hunt is going to smash him. I just think Hunt has more left at this point.
    Last edited by SPX; 08-19-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    I heart cock

Yeah, that was a tremendous unexpected 5 round war. Nearly nobody predicted it'd go the distance. It's a shame the positive test tainted it a bit.

I agree with him having more left. Bigfoot off of TRT is looking like he's a loss or two away from retirement. He did rebound with the win over Soa to his credit. Soa's striking is pretty bad and his gnp is his bread and butter. I think Hunt turns his lights out this time.

Silva's best shot is probably on the ground this time even though he was very competitive standing versus Hunt last time esp. if Mark's cardio looks as bad as it did in his last fight.

Yeah, good on Silva for getting the win over Soa because if he hadn't . . . it's probably retirement time. Soa is by no means a top-level heavyweight and if someone like Bigfoot--who has wins over guys like Browne and Overeem and who went to a draw with Hunt--can't get past Soa fucking Palelei, then it just might be time to hang them up because that's a steep decline.

I have to say though, even in victory Bigfoot didn't look great. He lost the first round after letting himself be taken down and by the second round Soa was gassed and just gave up. So I'm not sure how much credit to give Bigfoot on that one.
    I heart cock

On the contrary. Silva weathered a storm that has stopped several Heavyweights in the UFC. It's not his fault Soa is a 5 minute fighter. Got to give Silva some credit for showing up with enough gas to go at least 6 minutes.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Like I said, Silva did win and that's a hell of a lot better than losing. So I do give him credit for that.

But let's not pretend like Soa and Bigfoot have historically existed on the same level. Soa is the kind of HW who can perform well against other lower or lower-mid-level guys like Krylov, Potts and Walt Harris. Whereas Bigfoot has a win--not just a win, but a TKO stoppage--over fucking Fedor.

I'm just saying that Bigfoot should be expected to run fight over a guy like Soa and the fact that he gave up a round like he did is not encouraging.
    I heart cock

Lawler via UD (48-47)
    Hunt via KO 1st RD

I think Condit could potentially win the fight with Robbie although I wouldn't put money on it.

As for Bigfoot, he should probably retire. That being said, Hunt took a fucking beating from Stipe and I have no idea what the effects of that will be. (Besides the obvious)
    "Do I hate my opponents? How could I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Éire View Post
    I think Condit could potentially win the fight with Robbie although I wouldn't put money on it.
    At first I was thinking Robbie all the way. The more I've thought about it, but more I could see Condit employing a strategy similar to the one he used against Diaz. Hit and run. Don't get into a brawl. That sort of thing.

The more I think about it the more I think I might just stay away from this one.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    At first I was thinking Robbie all the way. The more I've thought about it, but more I could see Condit employing a strategy similar to the one he used against Diaz. Hit and run. Don't get into a brawl. That sort of thing.

The more I think about it the more I think I might just stay away from this one.
    How do you go from definitely betting on someone to leaving a fight alone in the matter of three hours?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    How do you go from definitely betting on someone to leaving a fight alone in the matter of three hours?
    I thought more about it.
    I heart cock

I thought more about it.
    Consider that your first negging
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Like I said, Silva did win and that's a hell of a lot better than losing. So I do give him credit for that.

But let's not pretend like Soa and Bigfoot have historically existed on the same level. Soa is the kind of HW who can perform well against other lower or lower-mid-level guys like Krylov, Potts and Walt Harris. Whereas Bigfoot has a win--not just a win, but a TKO stoppage--over fucking Fedor.

I'm just saying that Bigfoot should be expected to run fight over a guy like Soa and the fact that he gave up a round like he did is not encouraging.
    Just because Soa hasn't been a world beater doesn't mean that if he gets you down you're not in some serious trouble with a guy that big on top of you, who's specialty just happens to be clobbering dudes into bolivian from top position. Bigfoot weathered the storm, took minimal damage on the ground, and was still fresh at the start of the second round.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I do love the "into bolivian" reference.
    I heart cock

Going to be a sick fight and I'm not sure who will win. I'm a fan of both fighters so may the best man win.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceArch View Post
    Going to be a sick fight and I'm not sure who will win. I'm a fan of both fighters so may the best man win.

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel as well. Both guys are cool and I'm a fan of both. It's been awesome to see Robbie, after his LONG fucking career, finally hold a belt in the UFC. I mean, 5 years ago who would've guessed?

But now, it would be cool to see Condit do the same. He's also been in the game a long time and paid his dues.

BTW, I wonder what Woodley thinks about this after his "win" over Condit.
    I heart cock

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel as well. Both guys are cool and I'm a fan of both. It's been awesome to see Robbie, after his LONG fucking career, finally hold a belt in the UFC. I mean, 5 years ago who would've guessed?

But now, it would be cool to see Condit do the same. He's also been in the game a long time and paid his dues.

BTW, I wonder what Woodley thinks about this after his "win" over Condit.
    I'm certain Woodley isn't happy and it's not like he doesn't have a good reason. It seems the UFC is basically telling the fighters to start going for a more fan friendly style if you want the money making fights. Sucks, but keep on keeping on as they say. I do hope Woodley can beat Hendricks.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceArch View Post
    I'm certain Woodley isn't happy and it's not like he doesn't have a good reason. It seems the UFC is basically telling the fighters to start going for a more fan friendly style if you want the money making fights. Sucks, but keep on keeping on as they say. I do hope Woodley can beat Hendricks.
    There's definitely an entertainment aspect to the UFC's decisions. Some fighters, who are either loved for the fighting styles or their personalities, gets fast tracked. Others have to fight like a million times before they get their shot.

I remember thinking Okami would never get his shot. Right now Assuncao is in that position. 7 fight win streak and no title shot.
    I heart cock