Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
Hey man, welcome to the forum!
Thanks!
Like I said earlier, I'd love for Cruz to come back and be champ again. He would just have to overcome a few different obstacles: 1. He's older. 2. He's torn BOTH ACLs and had surgery. So how will that affect his movement? 3. Ring rust. But he looked great against Miz so there's certainly hope. And like you said, he pretty much looked unbeatable before the layoff.

As for Robbie, his takedown defense has certainly improved so I have to give him credit for that. But it's still hard to erase the memory of all those Strikeforce fights where he was taken down and easily controlled. I get it was a different weight class, he was in a different place in his career, etc. But still.
Yeah, if it weren't for Dom's last outing, I would assume he'd be an underdog to T.J. due to all of his injuries. But he looked great. I don't know how, but he did.

I think there's a big difference between 170 and 185 in terms of the natural size of the fighters. There are guys who fight at 185 who are damned near heavyweights. Guys like Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, Belfort, Kennedy, Machida, Hendo are not little. Hell, some of them have had success (and won championships) at LHW and HW. Meanwhile, as far as I know, nobody who routinely made weight at WW (not looking at you, Rumble) has had success at LHW or above in the UFC. It's hard for a guy Robbie's size to defend takedowns from guys the size of Sonnen or Weidman. I don't hold Robbie's TDD at 185 against him.