Thread: Blog - my guide to betting on MMA :)

Blog - my guide to betting on MMA :)

Afternoon all! I decided to start blogging on Bloody Elbow, so I've started off with a 15 point guide to betting on MMA. Please feel free to disagree with any of the points cos I'm alway happy to learn new tricks.

Guide to betting on MMA

Looks pretty good. I would add: don't use MMA math when selecting a fighter, be weary of betting a fighter off several loses in a row, or betting older fighters with a lot of fights.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I actually think MMA math is not the worst thing in the world as a sort of red flag. Obviously you don't wanna be using it as a basis for a pick but it's definitely not worthless.
    I also quite like betting guys coming off losses. You know you're not going to be faced with a complacent fighter and guys coming off loses do often get squash matches. If they looked bad and there were mitigating circumstances like an illness during the weight cut or an injury, they tend to be undervalued in their next fight.

That's just my personal conjecture but I will be programming in a tool soon that lets you see how people do that come off losses etc... Basically a bit like the main MMA Stats page with the filters, but the filters will be for individual fighters rather than the overall fight stats. So we'll be able to say e.g. how do 155lb fighters, coming off a loss, in the odds range +155 to +170 perform? Then it will bring up a list of all the fighters who met that criteria and work out win %s etc.