View Poll Results: Today's MMA: Do you like the sport more now, or less?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you more a fan of the sport now? Weekly cards being done now.

2 40.00%
  • Do you prefer the sport as it was 5-6 years ago, 1, stacked card, every month or two?

2 40.00%
  • Love the sport just as much now, as You did then?

1 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Today's MMA: Do you like the sport more now, or less?

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    There was a time when I pretty much refused to miss any MMA. I remember one specific day where I got home from work and my power supply on my computer was fucked up and a WEC event was coming on in just a few hours. I didn't have cable and needed to stream it so I jumped through a bunch of hoops to get to Staples where I bought a power supply for about 4x as much as I would have if I had ordered it online.

UFC, Bellator, Strikeforce (and before that EliteXC and Affliction) . . . fucking Shark Fights. I tried not to miss a single minute.
    I still don't see how having less orgs, more fights, more fighters, and most importantly, more free on tv cards is a bad thing. Oversaturation be damned. There are more up and coming fighters now than ever before, more quality fights happening, and the divisions overall are much more diverse/exciting without kingpin like stalwarts guarding the strap. I honestly wasn't even this excited back in 2009 for the sport.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    There was a time when I pretty much refused to miss any MMA. I remember one specific day where I got home from work and my power supply on my computer was fucked up and a WEC event was coming on in just a few hours. I didn't have cable and needed to stream it so I jumped through a bunch of hoops to get to Staples where I bought a power supply for about 4x as much as I would have if I had ordered it online.

UFC, Bellator, Strikeforce (and before that EliteXC and Affliction) . . . fucking Shark Fights. I tried not to miss a single minute.

Is Shark Fights even still around? I forgot about them. Didn't Jardine fight with them once and not get paid?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I still don't see how having less orgs, more fights, more fighters, and most importantly, more free on tv cards is a bad thing. Oversaturation be damned. There are more up and coming fighters now than ever before, more quality fights happening, and the divisions overall are much more diverse/exciting without kingpin like stalwarts guarding the strap. I honestly wasn't even this excited back in 2009 for the sport.

I dunno, it's just how I feel about it. I think oversaturation is real. There is such a thing as TOO MUCH of a good thing. If you can get something all the time then you value it less than if you can only get it occasionally. That's true for pretty much anything -- a five-star dinner, alcohol, blowjobs, even MMA.

There's truth to the old adage, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Is Shark Fights even still around? I forgot about them. Didn't Jardine fight with them once and not get paid?
    Shark Fights ran for 21 events and then for some unknown reason closed the doors in 2011. Jardine did fight for them, but the time he didn't get paid was right after that when he fought for that Nemesis shit down in the Dominican Republic.
    I heart cock