Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sage Northcutt

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    But then we don't get a karate extravaganza.
    Go watch Best of the Best if you want that.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Go watch Best of the Best if you want that.
    Or . . . we could get Northcutt vs Thompson.

Though watching Best of the Best is not a bad idea. I love that movie.

"Tommy, no!!! Coach! COACH! HE'S GONNA KILL HIM!"
    I heart cock

Though watching Best of the Best is not a bad idea. I love that movie.

"Tommy, no!!! Coach! COACH! HE'S GONNA KILL HIM!"
    Northcutt's never going to be champion. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Pettis wheel kick him into next week as a comeback fight. Make it happen, Dana.

Northcutt's never going to be champion. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Pettis wheel kick him into next week as a comeback fight. Make it happen, Dana.
    Is this real talk?

He is literally a kid. 19 years old. I think he stands a very good shot at being champ one day. Look at Robbie Lawler.
    I heart cock

Is this real talk?

He is literally a kid. 19 years old. I think he stands a very good shot at being champ one day. Look at Robbie Lawler.
    It was a troll job, but half rooted in truth. How many times have we seen an above average kickboxer(or in this case a karateka) make the move to MMA and never hold a meaningful title? It's great that everyone is getting their nut by running away on another hype train, but let's take a moment to look at who's footsteps he's following in:

Michael Page
    Cyrille Diabate
    Allistair Overeem
    Mirko Cro Cop
    Pat Barry
    Mark Hunt
    Antoni Hardonk
    Dennis Siver
    Cung Le
    Melvin Manhoef
    Semmy Schilt
    Bob Sapp
    Stephen Thomson
    Donald Cerrone

Now granted, some of those may pan out(Cerrone), but by and large they've mostly flopped in mma. There's just too much more to the game.

It was a troll job, but half rooted in truth. How many times have we seen an above average kickboxer(or in this case a karateka) make the move to MMA and never hold a meaningful title? It's great that everyone is getting their nut by running away on another hype train, but let's take a moment to look at who's footsteps he's following in:

Michael Page
    Cyrille Diabate
    Allistair Overeem
    Mirko Cro Cop
    Pat Barry
    Mark Hunt
    Antoni Hardonk
    Dennis Siver
    Cung Le
    Melvin Manhoef
    Semmy Schilt
    Bob Sapp
    Stephen Thomson
    Donald Cerrone

Now granted, some of those may pan out(Cerrone), but by and large they've mostly flopped in mma. There's just too much more to the game.

You're killing me, man. "Mostly flopped in MMA?" Why, because they didn't become champ? Nearly everyone you have mentioned has carved out a very respectable career in MMA. The fuck are you even saying here? I literally can't believe this list you put together. Did someone hack your account?

I love how it starts with Michael Page who is 8-0 with three Bellator wins. And Overeem, Cropcop, Hunt, Siver, Cung Le, Menhoef, Thompson? Is THIS also a troll job?
    I heart cock

You're killing me, man. "Mostly flopped in MMA?" Why, because they didn't become champ? Nearly everyone you have mentioned has carved out a very respectable career in MMA. The fuck are you even saying here? I literally can't believe this list you put together. Did someone hack your account?

I love how it starts with Michael Page who is 8-0 with three Bellator wins. And Overeem, Cropcop, Hunt, Siver, Cung Le, Menhoef, Thompson? Is THIS also a troll job?
    You consider Manhoef, Siver, and Hunt to be largely successful in mma? Are you having a stroke? Should we call the amber lamps? Manhoef's single greatest achievement in the sport is the time he knocked out Sakuraba about 6 years past Saku's prime. Hunt's career wasn't even a fucking footnote until he was able to go 5-3-1 and bring his career to 10-10-1 all time. Dennis Siver popped for banned substances enroute to a 10-5-1 ufc career in which his best win was over a hype train from australia.

The context of the conversation was that he'd never be champion. And thus, in that context, yes to not win gold in a solid organization would qualify as "flopping". He looked great against a 33 year old with 13 fights prior to that, who coincidentally showed up 4lbs over weight, but we should really reign in the fellatio until he beats someone who doesn't qualify as a wikipedia red name. What do you say?

Jesus Christ, the guy beats a dented can and X is saying he'll be champ someday. Lets see him fight someone with a heart beat first.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

"
    They arent even in the same weight class, man
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

You consider Manhoef, Siver, and Hunt to be largely successful in mma? Are you having a stroke? Should we call the amber lamps? Manhoef's single greatest achievement in the sport is the time he knocked out Sakuraba about 6 years past Saku's prime. Hunt's career wasn't even a fucking footnote until he was able to go 5-3-1 and bring his career to 10-10-1 all time. Dennis Siver popped for banned substances enroute to a 10-5-1 ufc career in which his best win was over a hype train from australia.

The context of the conversation was that he'd never be champion. And thus, in that context, yes to not win gold in a solid organization would qualify as "flopping". He looked great against a 33 year old with 13 fights prior to that, who coincidentally showed up 4lbs over weight, but we should really reign in the fellatio until he beats someone who doesn't qualify as a wikipedia red name. What do you say?

My point is this, almost no fighters will ever be champ. You can't say "mostly flopped in MMA" just because they didn't get a belt, even within the context of the conversation. That wording is just all wrong.

You're right that Manhoef's chin sucks, but he has still managed to carve out a really nice career for himself. And yes, I consider Siver a really solid fighter. No, he doesn't win 'em all, but he's still been in the UFC for 8 (!!!) years! That is a successful mixed martial artist. Crocop? Fucking legend. Cerrone? Always mere feet away from a belt. Cung Le actually was SF champ for a little while. So on and so forth.

If you're point is that a lot of hotshot kickboxers have come into MMA and failed to win titles, fine, but don't act like most of those guys you listed haven't done really well for themselves in the sport.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Jesus Christ, the guy beats a dented can and X is saying he'll be champ someday. Lets see him fight someone with a heart beat first.
    Trevino was 12-1. Did he need to be undefeated for you to give him some respect?

And I'm not saying he WILL be champ. I'm saying he VERY WELL COULD BE champ. He has all the tools. He's a karate champion. He wrestled in college. He's fast as fuck. He's only 19 and has a TON of time to improve. And he's really good looking.

I don't see any reason to not at least consider him a prospective title holder one day.

They arent even in the same weight class, man
    Please read the whole thread for context.
    I heart cock

This is how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceArch View Post
    This is how I see it.
    Vince, I thought you abandoned us. . .
    I heart cock

Lyoto Machida and Georges st Pierre. Both karate fighters.
    1 unit = 300 $

Also, Stephen Thompson is really good. Sage Northcutt has a better chance than most of becoming champion.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Lyoto Machida and Georges st Pierre. Both karate fighters.
    And it wasn't GSP's karate base that led him to greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Also, Stephen Thompson is really good. Sage Northcutt has a better chance than most of becoming champion.
    Not in that division. 155lbs is a fucking shark tank.

Not in that division. 155lbs is a fucking shark tank.
    It is but I still think Sage has a good chance of taking the belt one day. He already looks beastly and he still has MANY years to improve.
    I heart cock

It is but I still think Sage has a good chance of taking the belt one day. He already looks beastly and he still has MANY years to improve.
    He does, but historically being talented isn't necessarily enough in that division. You need a modicum of luck, also. Plenty of guys who were championship caliber never won the title for one reason or another at 155.

He does, but historically being talented isn't necessarily enough in that division. You need a modicum of luck, also. Plenty of guys who were championship caliber never won the title for one reason or another at 155.
    Sure, but that's all part of speculating about prospects. Obviously no one knows what's going to happen. But you identify those young bucks who seem to have the raw tools to become something special. I think Sage is among the leaders of that pack.

In fact, you have talked a lot about championship hopes are misplaced with him. My question for you then is who do you have in front of him? What other prospects do you have your eye on?
    I heart cock