Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Sage Northcutt

He did look clueless on the ground, and that was a terrible standup by the ref. But he certainly beasted after that. They need to keep giving him guys like Pfister for awhile, there is no rush, or you'll get what happened to Paige.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    He did look clueless on the ground, and that was a terrible standup by the ref. But he certainly beasted after that. They need to keep giving him guys like Pfister for awhile, there is no rush, or you'll get what happened to Paige.

Pretty much this. He's literally just a kid and he's very new to the sport. Give him time and let him develop slowly. Maybe in four or five years from now he'll be ready to challenge for the title but there's no reason to rush it.

How long did it take for RDA to get his title shot? 8 fucking years! Can you believe that?
    I heart cock

SPX, what's your opinion on "Sage is on roids" rumors?

I kind of believe them considering he looks that way at only 19 and he dad use to sell roids
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    So you're not going to give him any credit for righting the ship? Or taking Cody down with ease? Or getting a second round sub?

Why do you hate Sage?
    I don't hate the guy. I'm just tired of everyone creaming their underoo's when he starches some wikipedia red name who was hand picked for him to destroy. Now that he has shown to have a massive hole in his game we can all come back down to earth where he's concerned, and stop pretending he's the second coming of no holds barred christ.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    SPX, what's your opinion on "Sage is on roids" rumors?

I kind of believe them considering he looks that way at only 19 and he dad use to sell roids

It's a possibility. He definitely looks beyond human. Then again, he has also been training with an insane level of dedication since he was 0 and was raised from birth to be a fighting machine.

But I think there's probably little-to-no doubt that he's not going out and getting the stuff himself, so it comes down to whether or not you think his dad would actually feed his teenage son steroids. I find it a bit far fetched, especially considering all the church-going Jesus stuff we get out of Sage, but fuck who knows.

Your thoughts?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I don't hate the guy. I'm just tired of everyone creaming their underoo's when he starches some wikipedia red name who was hand picked for him to destroy. Now that he has shown to have a massive hole in his game we can all come back down to earth where he's concerned, and stop pretending he's the second coming of no holds barred christ.

First off, props for No Holds Barred Christ. I love it.

Second, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think anyone believes he's going to go be champ TOMORROW. I think all the pro-Sage stuff is 50% legitimate excitement about an interesting new prospect/character to populate the LW division and 50% tongue-in-cheek joking around and having fun.
    I heart cock

First off, props for No Holds Barred Christ. I love it.

Second, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think anyone believes he's going to go be champ TOMORROW. I think all the pro-Sage stuff is 50% legitimate excitement about an interesting new prospect/character to populate the LW division and 50% tongue-in-cheek joking around and having fun.
    BOL thanks

I get the excitement for an up and coming young fighter who's ceiling, at first glance, seems incredibly high. But the way people have been acting toward Sage smacks of familiarity with the way people overreacted to McGregor, Makwan Amirkwani, and, to some extent, Khabib Nurmagomedov. Some scummy fuck just decided one day to pretend any and all of the above are the best at everything, not only in their own division, but in the entire sport. You've seen Sherdog. Some fans say shit like "McGregor is the best striker in all of MMA", and it's pretty infuriating to see otherwise semi-rational people going full retard because some guy with an accent moves around all funny and spent most of his UFC career knocking out tailor made matchups.

I do think Sage has a promising career ahead of him(so long as this steroid thing doesn't end up being true). I don't think he'll ever be champion at 155lbs. That division is just chock full of guys who do it all, and we have seen wrestlers be hella-bad on their backs. Then agan he's got plenty of time before he hits his prime(assuming his career doesn't get derailed ala Scotty Jorgensen, or Josh Grispi or Ryan Couture). He REALLY needs to work on escaping bottom position, or mounting an offense from bottom position, anything to do with bottom position, really. Because he's going to get taken down at 155lbs, alot by the looks of it.

It's hard not to admire his excited-about-everything attitude. As young and naive as he may be, his zest for life is quite charming.

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    It's hard not to admire his excited-about-everything attitude. As young and naive as he may be, his zest for life is quite charming.
    I use to be like that when I was high or drunk
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

It's a possibility. He definitely looks beyond human. Then again, he has also been training with an insane level of dedication since he was 0 and was raised from birth to be a fighting machine.

But I think there's probably little-to-no doubt that he's not going out and getting the stuff himself, so it comes down to whether or not you think his dad would actually feed his teenage son steroids. I find it a bit far fetched, especially considering all the church-going Jesus stuff we get out of Sage, but fuck who knows.

Your thoughts?

No clue. Just asking. I don't convict people that easily . Tyson looked like that at 19 and I have no doubt he wasn't on roids, so its possible....if you eat right every single day and work out religiously
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I do think Sage has a promising career ahead of him(so long as this steroid thing doesn't end up being true). I don't think he'll ever be champion at 155lbs. That division is just chock full of guys who do it all, and we have seen wrestlers be hella-bad on their backs. Then agan he's got plenty of time before he hits his prime(assuming his career doesn't get derailed ala Scotty Jorgensen, or Josh Grispi or Ryan Couture). He REALLY needs to work on escaping bottom position, or mounting an offense from bottom position, anything to do with bottom position, really. Because he's going to get taken down at 155lbs, alot by the looks of it.
    First off, imagine the shitstorm that will go down if Sage tests positive. Considering his age, his background, and his dad's previous ties to PEDs, it would be way more of a big deal than your average fighter getting popped.

You mention Jorgensen, Grispi, etc. It's amazing how fighters just kind of seem to suddenly lose the magic. Grispi was 14-1 and then lost four straight and has basically disappeared. Or look at someone like Steve Cantwell. He was 6-1 coming into the UFC and was the WEC LHW champ. He beats Razak Al-Hassan and then promptly loses five straight fights, gets released from the UFC and has not competed in MMA since.

I really hope Sage does not end up being one of those guys.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    No clue. Just asking. I don't convict people that easily . Tyson looked like that at 19 and I have no doubt he wasn't on roids, so its possible....if you eat right every single day and work out religiously

There are clearly a small handful of people with next-level genetics who are able to train naturally and look better than other guys do who are on steroids. This usually manifests itself at a young age. A lot of the top bodybuilders who look like total freaks on PEDs already had really good physiques in their teens.
    I heart cock

First off, imagine the shitstorm that will go down if Sage tests positive. Considering his age, his background, and his dad's previous ties to PEDs, it would be way more of a big deal than your average fighter getting popped.

You mention Jorgensen, Grispi, etc. It's amazing how fighters just kind of seem to suddenly lose the magic. Grispi was 14-1 and then lost four straight and has basically disappeared. Or look at someone like Steve Cantwell. He was 6-1 coming into the UFC and was the WEC LHW champ. He beats Razak Al-Hassan and then promptly loses five straight fights, gets released from the UFC and has not competed in MMA since.

I really hope Sage does not end up being one of those guys.
    The problem is alot of times they rush these guys to the big time(by big time I mean a number one contender fight, or top 5 guy before they're ready), or they give them a "squash match" to keep them busy until another step up is available, and they lose that fight. It's a confidence shattering thing, I think. The way Grispi got his ass kicked by someone nobody knew in Poirier, or the way they fast tracked Jorgensen to the title, where he was summarily demolished by Cruz, etc etc etc. Hopefully they bring Sage along slow ala Jacare. Give him time to develop into a real contender who isn't going to lose his fucking mind after a derailing loss.

The problem is alot of times they rush these guys to the big time(by big time I mean a number one contender fight, or top 5 guy before they're ready), or they give them a "squash match" to keep them busy until another step up is available, and they lose that fight. It's a confidence shattering thing, I think. The way Grispi got his ass kicked by someone nobody knew in Poirier, or the way they fast tracked Jorgensen to the title, where he was summarily demolished by Cruz, etc etc etc. Hopefully they bring Sage along slow ala Jacare. Give him time to develop into a real contender who isn't going to lose his fucking mind after a derailing loss.

I agree with that. I mentioned earlier that it took RDA eight years to get a title shot. Eight years! And we just saw him slowly develop as a fighter over that time. He went from being uppercutted into bolivion by Stephens and losing 30-27 to Tyson Griffin to lightweight champion. Pretty crazy.

If they give Sage time to really develop then maybe he'll be ready for a title shot in . . . I dunno, maybe four years depending on how active he stays.
    I heart cock

And now people can come back down to earth.

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Super Sage!

Healthy throat Sage clears out the entire division. Book it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP