Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy shit, best UFC promo ever?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Holy shit, best UFC promo ever?

This is awesome. My only complaint is that it's so thoroughly one-sided.

Fun fact: Young Rousey is played by her little sister.

I heart cock

haha, good stuff
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Holm in trouble.....

Jesus........why even put Holm in it at all?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Jesus........why even put Holm in it at all?
    She might be in the fight even less lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post
    She might be in the fight even less lol
    I mean, thats not a UFC 193 promo. It would be fine just as a Rousey promo by itself. That's kind of rude toward Holm
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I kind of agree. What I'm hoping is that they're going to do a separate promo for Holm to tell her side of the story.

But you can't deny the artfulness of it. And Jesus Christ Rousey's sister does a good job. Her facial expressions are great and she looks just like a younger version of Ronda. I have to say, watching that I was like, "Here's a star in the making."
    I heart cock

Here's the full promo with Holm included. Shit is next level. I've watched it like 5 times.

Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Nice. Glad to see there's one out there that really includes Holm. Really well-done. Like you say, next level compared to what they usually do.

If I have any sort of complaint or concern, is that's even with it telling us who is who I could see some people getting two young blonde girls confused, especially casual fans.
    I heart cock

Yeah, that's a well-done promo. Probably about 2 minutes longer than the fight it's promoting, but what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Yeah, that's a well-done promo. Probably about 2 minutes longer than the fight it's promoting, but what can you do?
    Whoops. Crow-eating time for me. I didn't see that coming at all.

Interesting Holm-Rousey analysis vid (posted before the fight): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L_G...ature=youtu.be

I think we'll also find that something was seriously off with Rousey's camp behind the scenes. You had her mother's criticism of her coach, Rousey's odd behavior at the weigh-ins, her announcement that she'd be taking a break afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    I think we'll also find that something was seriously off with Rousey's camp behind the scenes. You had her mother's criticism of her coach, Rousey's odd behavior at the weigh-ins, her announcement that she'd be taking a break afterwards...
    That's a possibility. It also could be the case that she's just burned out. I wonder if she behind-the-scenes info is going to come out in the foreseeable future.
    I heart cock

I was surprised at the reaction of most people after she lost. Seemed like everyone was glad to see her lose, sort of an "AH HA! YOU LOST!!" sort of thing.

I kind of liked watching her destroy everyone.

I was surprised at the reaction of most people after she lost. Seemed like everyone was glad to see her lose, sort of an "AH HA! YOU LOST!!" sort of thing.

I kind of liked watching her destroy everyone.

I honestly think it's kind of sick and disgusting the way so many people are piling on her and talking all this shit. Like her or not, she's done a hell of a lot for WMMA. She goes in there and destroys these fighters who have years of experience and in some cases are former champions, and then as soon as she loses it's all:

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
    Finally Rousey got EXPOSED!
    All she's ever done is beat soccer moms and weekend warriors!

It's not only disrespectful to Rousey but it's also disrespectful to her opponents. Furthermore, it's just bullshit. The fact is, in 20 years Rousey will still be talked about in this sport. She has already attained LEGEND status.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Like her or not, she's done a hell of a lot for WMMA.
    This.

Just using me for example, I hated the idea that women were in MMA. She is really the only fighter I make sure I dont miss anymore. Most other events I dont even bother with anymore. She turned me into a fan.

This.

Just using me for example, I hated the idea that women were in MMA. She is really the only fighter I make sure I dont miss anymore. Most other events I dont even bother with anymore. She turned me into a fan.
    I've noticed a slow but steady shift in the MMA cultural climate over the last few years with regard to WMMA. I remember Sherdog used to just be littered with threads about how women should have never been brought into the UFC and how women's fights are terrible to watch.

But those threads are a lot fewer and farther between now. I think it's Rousey's charismatic yet polarizing nature is obviously a huge part of that. Kind of like Mayweather, you may watch her because you love her or because you love to hate her, but you DO watch her. But I also think, for many fans, it's because the women went out there and put on a lot of matches that, while perhaps not representing the height of technical skill, were just fucking exciting and the female fighters often display 10x the heart and emotion of their male counterparts.
    I heart cock

I think it's partly that she has become almost insufferable in the past year or so, and partly because people like dumping on you when you lose.

Also, everyone on the internet called this beforehand. Every single person knew Rousey would lose this fight if you look on forums.

However, apparently a lot of money did come in on Holm the day of the fight. She went from ~+1000 down to ~+500 on some books the day of the fight.

Click the odds and look at the curves. Pretty interesting.

http://bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-...y-vs-holm-1002

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    However, apparently a lot of money did come in on Holm the day of the fight. She went from ~+1000 down to ~+500 on some books the day of the fight.

Click the odds and look at the curves. Pretty interesting.

http://bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-...y-vs-holm-1002
    I was watching the line drop and truth be told, If I was home about an hour earlier, I would have bet on Rousey.

I was watching the line drop and truth be told, If I was home about an hour earlier, I would have bet on Rousey.
    Really? Even at those insane odds?

I guess you got saved.
    I heart cock