Thread: UFN 79: Henderson vs Masvidal (UFC Korea)

UFN 79: Henderson vs Masvidal (UFC Korea)

So I just recently re-subscribed to Fight Pass. On Friday night I was up late talking to a friend until about 4 AM, and then got in bed and was like, "Oh, there's an event on tonight, let me check the PBP." So I did and saw that they were in the middle of the Ham/Courtney fight, and I had wanted to see Ham so I turned it on. And I will be goddamned if I didn't watch all the way through the main event. Didn't get to bed until 8 AM.

Not sure who else has seen this one, but here are a few observations:

* Ham is tiny. Just a tiny little sprite of a girl. The fact that she was able to rally and get a win over a much bigger opponent is amazing. But I think overall she's too small for the division and would really be better suited for fighting in Invicta at atomweight. She's fun to watch though and a real scrapper so hopefully she'll prove me wrong!

* I was happy to see Dongi Yang back. I hope he can have a more successful run in the UFC this time around. I enjoyed watching him go all Hulk Smash on Collier.

* Doo Ho Choi looked like a fucking killer. Such a ruthless and accurate striker. It's going to be really interesting to see what this kid does from here. I think he could join DHK in the small group of Korean fighters who are real threats in their divisions.

* Mixed emotions for Akiyama/Mina. One one hand, it was good to see Akiyama stage such an awesome comeback in the third, but it sucked to see him lose the fight (especially when he was so close to a finish). I do think Mina took rounds 1 and 2, but I think you can make a real case for a 10-8 third round and a draw may have been the proper call. What sucks is that Akiyama was winning the second until he got caught.

* Solid main event between Bendo and Mas. Not a GREAT fight, but a good, professional fight between veterans. Bendo's physique at 170 is just insane and he's proven he can perform well. But he's still undersized and I don't think he'll ever be a threat to the title in that division, so if he wants to get back into title contention he needs to go back down to 155.
    Last edited by SPX; 12-01-2015 at 01:09 PM.
    I heart cock

I didnt even see the event. Based on your review though, Im gonna watch that Akiyama and Choi fights.

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Choi's a rising star, I think. Apparently he won his first UFC fight in 18 seconds. And it only took him a little over a minute to put away Sicilia (who had only been knocked out once before in his career). Some people are likening him to a Korean McGregor.
    I heart cock