Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-1-16

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar

1-1-16

SMART SPORTS INVESTMENTS

Risked 3 units to win 2.88
    Notre Dame +6.5 -104 vs Ohio State
    Notre Dame comes into this matchup with just two losses on the season, a 2 pt loss to undefeated #1 in the nation Clemson, and a 2 pt loss to the #9 team in the nation Stanford Cardinals. This is part of the reason I am backing the Irish with the points here. The Buckeyes were one win away from having a chance to defend their national championship, but couldn’t beat the Spartans who were playing their backup QB on their homefield. Ohio State swung back and forth with QBs all season, and never really saw great success from either Jones or Barrett, and will be heavily relying on Elliot to carry them to victory. The Irish have had success against some of the best in the nation, holding Stanford star RB McCafrey to just 3.5 yard per rush in their earlier matchup with the Cardinals. Our predictive model scores this 26-22 Ohio State, I’m thinking this will be decided by a late FG, and it could go either way. The smart money here, is on the Irish.
    Risked 5 units to win 4.72

Michigan -4 -106 vs Florida
    This is another battle of two great defenses, the difference is the Gators don’t have much in the way of offense. The Gators are 86th in the nation in scoring offense, and 114th in the nation in rushing offense. There just aren’t any real playmakers to be scared of here, if you are the Wolverines. Michigan is 5-1 ATS in their last six after an ATS loss. 5-1 ATS in their last six after a straight up loss. 9-3 ATS in their last 12 after giving up more than 200 yards on the ground. The defense could be considered a wash, although Michigan does boast the #3 pass defense in the nation, and seeing as how Florida can’t run the ball, points will be at a premium all day for the Gators. I can’t envision Florida scoring enough to cover this, the Wolverines should win by a TD or more.
    Risked 4 units to win 3.92

Iowa +6 -102 vs Stanford
    The Hawkeyes were just minutes away from a Big 10 Championship, and a shot at the college football playoff…well, if you are a college football fan, you know that didn’t end up happening, and the Spartans are playing on. This doesn’t take away from what was a great season for Iowa, and they have a chance to end it on a high note playing against #9 Stanford. Looking at this from a perspective of how Stanford played against another Big 10 opponent in Northwestern, the Cardinals could only muster 6 points, and Iowa is a superior defense to the Wildcats. Supporting their rock solid defense, is a QB who has only turned the ball over 3 times all season. Iowa will not beat themselves, so getting them with a 6 pt cushion is a nice spot for us. The Iowa Hawkeyes are 5-2 ATS in their last seven bowl games. 7-2 ATS in their last nine games on grass. 41-20-1 ATS in their last 62 games following a loss. Our scoring model grades this as a 24-20 Cardinals victory, although I won’t be shocked at all if the Hawkeyes win the game outright. A safer bet though, is on Iowa with the 6pts.

Dr Bob

3* IOWA+7

Burns football

Blue chip total - nwest/tenn over
    Per fav - Ohio st
    Best bet - fla
    Roast - Iowa
    Gow - Oklahoma st

Ultra Sports

CFB:
    Battlefrog Fiesta Bowl
    267 Notre Dame Fighting Irish +6'

Marc Lawrence

CFB PLAYS
    Friday Plays: 1-1-2016

CFB - 10* Game 264 - Northwestern (+8.5) - Outback Bowl - Friday - Bowl GOY
    CFB - 4* Game 267 - Notre Dame (+6.5) - Fiesta Bowl - Friday

Root

MILL--Notre Dame +
    -----------

Perfect Play--Oklahoma State +

-----------

Inner Circle--Iowa +

The PAC-12 plays home to some strong offensive lines but Iowa will present the Cardinal front seven with its stiffest test in the Rose Bowl. The offensive line and the patience and discipline of the Hawkeyes backfield is a difference maker in this game between Iowa and Stanford. Iowa needs to keep the Cardinal’s high-octane offense on the sideline and eat up the clock.The Hawkeyes should feel good about their chances to rush the ball. The running backs should be able to solve the Cardinal 3-4 defense. As a quick comparison between Iowa and two other similar teams pertaining to rushing the football, Notre Dame and USC maintained a 7.4 yards per carry average with every running back getting a handoff while playing against Stanford. The best part of about effective running really happens on the other side of the ball as the Hawkeyes get to rest their defense. The Hawkeyes may be the more motivated as the Hawkeyes haven’t won a bowl game since the 2010 season. 1958 was the last time they won the Rose Bowl. If that is too basic, then stop Christian McCaffrey and you stopped the whole Stanford team.

-----------

Pinnacle--Florida + ***Bowl Game of Year

Michigan can not score enough points to cover this spread. They don't have a difference maker on offense. They can't run the ball. And even if possible, UF defense allowed just 120.6 yards per game to rank 17th in the nation. The Wolverines have made zero noise other than the defensive side of the ball the entire season. They may not have truly recovered from their "bad beat" against Michigan St. Their final game may be proof that their season is over. Nobody should lose 42-13 at home unless they either had quit which is unlikely or unless they don't possess the talent. For Florida, this will be the last game for their two best offensive players. Kelvin Taylor and top wide receiver Demarcus Robinson are headed for the NFL draft. This game is another stepping stone to showcase their talents. They really need a big game against Michigan to impress the scouts. Points will be hard to come by which will bring the points into the game. Remember that the total is projected at 40 points scored so the spread Michigan is laying represents 10%. It's rather easy to make a case for the underdog with Michigan's lack of scoring.

stephen nover

tenn -8

VSI

3 Unit Play. #264 Take Northwestern +8.5 over Tennessee (12:00p.m., Friday, Jan 1 ESPN2 - Outback Bowl)
    The Northwestern Wildcats defense ended the season on a high note as their last 3 games held opponents to under14 points or less. Northwestern played the underdog role so good this year with upsetting teams like Stanford, Duke, and Nebraska and Friday afternoon I see the Wildcats playing the underdog role with another underdog cover. Both teams will want to establish the run early and often and whoever wins this game I don't see them winning by a touchdown or more.

3 Unit Play. #265 Take Florida +4.5 over Michigan (1:00p.m., Friday, Jan 1 ABC - Citrus Bowl)
    I originally thought that Michigan would be a solid -3 and I know the Gators have problems on offense but I'm hoping the long layoff fixes some of those problems on offense. The Gators defense could win this game by themselves and I see the Gators defense causing major problems for Michigan. If Michigan can't move the ball then I see turnovers being the factor on who wins this game and with the Gators defense I see Michigan turning the ball over. Florida is 5-1 ATS when playing on two weeks off or more and Friday afternoon I'm taking the points with Florida.

3 Unit Play. #267 Take Over 56.5 Notre Dame at Ohio St (1:00p.m., Friday, Jan 1 ESPN - Fiesta Bowl)
    Both teams all season long have shown that they can score and score often and Friday I see a big shootout at the Fiesta Bowl. Notre Dame high power offense averaged 34.8ppg and that was suffering injuries with key offensive players. Notre Dame is 6-0 O/U following a SU loss and they are coming off a loss against Stanford 38-36 and that game easily went over. I see both teams scoring early and often and wouldn't shock me to see both schools score over 30 plus points.

2 Unit Play. #269 Take Iowa +6.5 over Stanford (5:00p.m., Friday, Jan 1 ESPN - Rose Bowl)
    The Iowa defense will keep this game close and whoever wins this game wins on a late field goal. Iowa tasted their only loss the last game of the regular season losing to Michigan St so look for the Hawkeyes to play this game pissed off. Stanford already was upset by a Big Ten team early this year with Northwestern and I see the Cardinals having trouble again with a Big Ten school.

4 Unit Play. #272 Take Mississippi -7 over Oklahoma St (8:30p.m., Friday, Jan 1 ESPN - Sugar Bowl)
    Fading the Cowboys in this game because Oklahoma St comes into this bowl game struggling. Oklahoma St comes to the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans losing back-to-back games at home to the Sooners and Baylor and both losses were by double-digits. Ole Miss comes to SEC country New Orleans winners of back-to-back games and 4 out of 5 games and 4 of those wins were by double-digits. I do believe Ole Miss will have more stops on 'D' and we all know how easily Big 12 opponents were able to score on the Cowboys. Oklahoma St QB Mason Rudolph is probable for this game but he is not 100 percent and that could be an issue for the Cowboys.

Goodfella
    3* Bowl Game Of Year
    STANFORD Rose Bowl

Larry Ness
    bowl total/yr - mich/fla over

Sports Locksmith

NCAAF:

Notre Dame/Ohio State Under 56.5 -110 3* 1:00 Eastern

Stanford/Iowa Under 54.5 -110 3* 5:00 Eastern

We Pick Sports

NCAAF

Tennessee/Northwestern Under 47.5 (-110) 5* 12:00 ET

Michigan -4 (-110) 4* 1:00 ET
    Oklahoma St./Ole Miss Over 67.5 (-110) 5* 8:30 ET

BANKERSPORTS

6.5 units Bowl Big Dog of The Year

Notre Dame

Rainman:
    10* Michigan -4
    5* Tennessee -8
    3* Iowa , Notre Dame +6
    1* Ole Miss -7

Dr Bob

3* IOWA+7

Jack Jones

NCAAF
    20* Tennessee -8
    20* Iowa +7
    20* Ole Miss -7

Miraclehandicappers

TODAY'S PICKS (1/1/2016)

1/1/2016 1:00 PM EST (NCAAF) MICHIGAN VS. FLORIDA
    SPREAD PICK:*MICHIGAN -3 (-130) -*RISK 2 UNITS

Insidersportsreport

5* Mississippi -7 over Oklahoma St. (NCAAF)

3* Michigan -4 over Florida (NCAAF)

3* Iowa +6 over Stanford (NCAAF)

Big al

Northwestern Wildcats