Super Bowl 2016 Live Stream is here. It was September of 1996. Rivera, then a neighborhood TV columnist in Chicago, remained beside resigned legend Walter Payton, viewing the Chicago Bears' season opener from the sideline at Soldier Field.

The inclination struck Rivera hard. His heart was not into a television profession.

"I saw the diversion going on, and it made me understand the amount I truly missed the amusement and needed to get again into it," Rivera told USA TODAY Sports this week. "I thought honing would be the way." Rivera, 54, could be very nearly winning NFL mentor of the year respects for the second time in three years while he's back home for Super Bowl 50.

WATCH HERE: Super Bowl 2016 Live Stream.

All through this trek toward Sunday's development standoff at Levi's Stadium, the Carolina Panthers mentor has been experiencing a scene of This Is Your Life, helped to remember such a variety of critical markers.

Thirty years prior, Rivera played in Super Bowl XX as a reinforcement Bears linebacker and unique teamer for one of the colossal groups in NFL history.

For the current week, he's putting his group through practices at San Jose State University, which is approximately 70 miles from where he featured at Seaside High, close where his guardians still live.

He's likewise helped to remember that period when he devoted himself to a honing profession. He hurled that TV employment to enter the guiding positions on the ground floor in 1997 as a protective quality control aide with the Bears on Dave Wannstedt's staff.

"I consider where I began," Rivera said. "That is the reason it's taken me so long. I began from the base and worked my way up."

Quality control mentors are the section level staff members who separate tape, conduct research and handle different types of snort work to bolster whatever remains of the staff.

Yet notwithstanding getting that low-paying gig was a test. Wannstedt, who had finished Rivera's playing vocation with the Bears a couple of years prior by cutting him, was wary that the previous player had the stomach for the calling and those extended periods.

"He said, 'On the off chance that you give me an open door, I couldn't care less about the cash,' " Wannstedt reviewed for USA TODAY Sports. "When he said that, it seemed to be not kidding."

The initial step was for Rivera to volunteer at a minicamp, where it was rapidly clear to Wannstedt that the maturing mentor corresponded well with players. Amid his playing profession, Rivera earned a notoriety among fellow team members as a sharp, snappy study.

After the minicamp, Wannstedt welcomed Rivera back for sorted out group workouts. At that point there was the morning after OTAs finished.

"I thought I'd never see him again, however Monday morning, who's emerging in the corridor with some espresso?" Wannstedt reviewed. "He says, 'What's the following thing I need to do?' "

Wannstedt welcomed Rivera back for preparing camp, then in the long run instructed him to assemble a point by point proposition, which would incorporate an expected set of responsibilities, that would go to general supervisor Ted Phillips and eventually group president Michael McCaskey. (One issue: Wannstedt's agreement managed that he could have 11 collaborator mentors. Rivera would be No. 12.)

Wannstedt persuaded McCaskey to make an exemption, and it changed the course of Rivera's life and vocation — and decades later had a significant effect on the fortunes of the Panthers.

"Ron merited that open door, and he's profited by it," Denver Broncos running backs mentor Eric Studesville told USA TODAY Sports. "That is the most vital thing. He got his chance and benefitted as much as possible from it."

While Rivera helped the protective mentors in Chicago, Studesville softened up that same year with a comparative part as the hostile quality control colleague. That was Studesville's first NFL work after four school occupations. It's striking that Studesville, who has served as a break head mentor for the Broncos and been on the radar to meet for head occupations, and Rivera have twisted up here this week.

They have stayed in touch and remained companions. Not long after the Panthers won the NFC title, Studesville sent Rivera a celebratory instant message.