10:30 PM EST NCAAF
    MISSISSIPPI VS. CALIFORNIA

PICK: OVER 71.5 (-110)

RISK: 11 UNITS

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Dr Bob

Air Force @ Michigan

Air Force (+23 ½) 16 MICHIGAN 35

These teams both play at a slow pace offensively and a game with fewer plays and possessions make it more challenging for a big favorite to cover the spread. Air Force is 6-0 ATS the last 25 years as an underdog of 21 points or more (4-0 under coach Calhoun) and all traditional option teams (Veer, Flexbone, Wishbone, I-bone but not read-option) are 61-36-2 ATS as dogs of 21 points or more since 1980 (including teams that previously ran the traditional option in the seasons in which they ran that offense). Aside from this being a game with significantly fewer plays than normal I think the Air Force option is better than their 1 returning starter would lead most to believe. Under coach Calhoun there is zero correlation to the number of returning starters and the quality of the defense in his 10 prior seasons. My ratings favor Michigan by just 19 points with the pace of the game taken into account.

Clemson @ Louisville

LOUISVILLE (+3) 30 Clemson 28

Clemson’s defense has been absolutely amazing so far this season, allowing an average of 4.5 points and 119 total yards per game at a miniscule 2.1 yards per play, which includes the 1.8 yppl that they yielded to what was supposed to be a good Auburn offense. However, Clemson will be facing a quarterback that transcends special and Lamar Jackson can make things happen even against the most talented defenses that execute well. Clemson defenders can be doing exactly what they’re supposed to be doing, which would lead to success against nearly every other offense, but that still doesn’t mean they’ll be able to keep Jackson from escaping and creating a big play with his arm or his legs. Last season Jackson led Louisville to a 63-20 romp over a very good Florida State defense and he led the Cardinals to 36 points in a 6 point loss to the Clemson team that went on to win the National Championship. Jackson is not immune to great defensive fronts, as he did struggle against both Houston and LSU, but it is safe to say that Louisville is relatively better against good defensive teams because of Jackson’s special talents.

Louisville also has a good defense that will challenge the Tigers and overall my ratings favor Clemson by just 1 point. I’ll actually call for the minor upset due to a 94-32-2 ATS home underdog momentum situation that applies to Louisville.

Tulane @ Oklahoma

OKLAHOMA (-34) 41 Tulane 10

Oklahoma proved that they are an elite team by beating up on Ohio State in Columbus last week but given the excitement of that victory I don’t see how the Sooners’ defensive players will be fully focused on learning how to defend the option attack of Tulane. The option is a great equalizer of talent and option teams tend to be good as big underdogs for that reason. Tulane is in the second season of coach Willie Fritz’ offense and the Green Wave have a pretty decent defense that gave up just 5.4 yards per play last season and held Navy to 23 points last week in a 2-point loss as a double-digit underdog.

If Oklahoma does built a huge lead my guess is that Baker Mayfield will exit the game and they’ll turn to the rushing attack to close things out. The problem is that Oklahoma’s rushing attack doesn’t appear to be as good with Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine now in the NFL. The Sooners have averaged just 4.3 yards per rushing play and gaining only 5.1 yprp against UTEP’s horrible run defense is alarming. Tulane has a solid run defense so I don’t expect Oklahoma to be able to run up the score by simply running the ball. This will also be a shorter game since Oklahoma has slowed their tempo this season and Tulane’s offensive tempo has always been slow. I like Tulane and the under.

Tennessee @ Florida

FLORIDA (-4) 28 Tennessee 21

Florida had an unplanned bye week last week due to hurricane Irma and it gave the players and coaches an extra week to put their opening game debacle against Michigan behind them. Florida’s offense still looks like an issue but Tennessee’s defense doesn’t look particularly good, as I rate that unit at just 0.1 yards per play better than average. I am impressed so far by Vols quarterback Quinten Dormady, who has averaged 7.3 yards per pass play but the Gators’ defense is strong and I project just 5.2 yards per play for Tennessee in this game. Overall my ratings favor Florida by 6 ½ points so I see some value with the Gators.

SMU @ TCU

TCU (-19½) 41 Southern Methodist 20

TCU usually bounces back to have good success after a down season under coach Gary Patterson and this year’s Horned Frogs squad looks good so far, ranking 0.7 yards per play better than average offensively and 0.9 yppl better than average defensively after last week’s good performance in their 28-7 win over Arkansas. SMU has scored an average of 56 points in two games against inferior defensive teams, SF Austin and North Texas, but their yardage numbers aren’t particularly impressive (6.3 yards per play against teams that would allow 6.8 yppl to an average team) and the Mustangs’ defense is worse than average and allowed 6.7 yards per play to a traditionally impotent North Texas offense last week. My preseason ratings would have favored TCU by 21 points and my updated ratings make it 21½ points. Not much value here.

Oregon St. @ Washington St.

WASHINGTON STATE (-21) 44 Oregon State 21

Oregon State has been even worse than I thought they’d be when I played them under 5 wins prior to the season. I suspected that the offense wouldn’t be as good as most people thought it would be but it’s been a pleasant surprise that the Beavers’ defense is even worse than projected so far. Oregon State’s secondary has allowed 65% completions and 9.6 yards per pass play in their three games while allowing 8.0 yppp or more in each game (including against FCS team Portland, who they barely beat). Not being able to defend the pass is usually a problem when facing a team that throws the ball 73% of the time. Washington State quarterback Luke Falk has been upgrade to probable and he should put up huge numbers against the Beavers while a solid Cougars’ stop unit limits the Beavers. Oregon State’s poor start has certainly been reflected in this huge line, but my ratings favor WSU by 23½ points so I’d still lean with the Cougars at -21 or less.

Colorado St. @ Alabama

ALABAMA (-28½) 44 Colorado State 13

Colorado State hasn’t been as good offensively as projected and the Rams managed just 3 points in their only game against a good defense (Colorado). The 58 points that the Rams scored against Oregon State in their opener doesn’t look quite as good now considering how bad the Beavers’ defense has been through 3 games, and Alabama should be able to contain that attack. My preseason ratings would have favored Alabama by 31 points and my updated ratings favor the Tide by 31½ points. Nick Saban likes to beat up on his former assistants so I’m not sure that he’ll call off the dogs with a big lead against Mike Bobo’s Rams.

Texas @ USC

USC (-15½) 42 Texas 24

USC is coming off an impressive 42-24 win over a very good Stanford team and the Trojans actually didn’t play poorly in their closer than expected 48-31 opening day win over Western Michigan. Western Michigan is no slouch and USC averaged 7.9 yards per play and allowed just 5.0 yppl in that game. Last week the edge against Stanford was 8.6 yppl to 6.3 yppl, which is astounding given the level of the Cardinal defense. Texas is a bit of a mystery right now, as the Longhorns gave up 51 points and 8.7 yppl to Maryland in their opener and then pitched a 56-0 shutout against San Jose State last week. I do believe that the Texas defense is good and that the Longhorns’ offense is better than average but my ratings favor USC by 17½ points.

Mike Missanelli:
    Oklahoma St

Texas Sports Wire

5* Kentucky

Billy Coleman

4* Michigan over 50.5
    4* Clemson -3
    4* Stanford over 48

3* UCLA -2.5
    3* Army over 53

3* NYM with listed pitcher
    3* WNBA Minnesota -5

Rainman

20unit hammerplay
    under 49 michigan/ Air Force

10unit plays
    Under 50 Kansas st/Vanderbilt
    Under 52.5 coastal Carolina/uab

i have the the rest of hammer plays but since he's been crushing it with those I'll post before each game to keep it exclusive to here. I see guys on rx asking for them so im just going to be a jerk about it today lol.

Totals 4 You NCAA Selections for Early Saturday, September 16th

2017 College Football TV Super Total of the Year
    Oklahoma State/Pittsburgh over 63 1/2

Early NCAA Best Bets
    Connecticut/Virginia under 51
    UCLA/Memphis under 72 1/2
    Northern Illinois/Nebraska over 56
    Kansas/Ohio under 58
    Last edited by Gmoney121; 09-16-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Any ATS Wins?

Last week 2-2 (lost early lock of year)
    Previous week 1-3

CHALKCRUSHER,

I'm quite sure if it's out there CPAW will most definitely post

Norm Hitzges

COLLEGE

DOUBLE PLAYS:

• Appalachian State -23 Texas State
    • Mississippi State +7 1/2 LSU
    • Kansas State -3 1/2 Vanderbilt
    • Georgia Tech -2 Central Florida

SINGLE PLAYS:

• Georgia State +37 Penn State
    • Tulane +35 1/2 Oklahoma
    • Louisville +3 Clemson
    • Virginia Tech -22 1/2 E. Carolina
    • Purdue +7 1/2 Missouri
    • Florida -4 1/2 Tennessee
    • TCU -20 SMU
    • Notre Dame---Boston College UNDER 51

Jeff Benton

50 DIME
    College Football
    E-Z Under Total of the Year

ND/BOSTON COLLEGE UNDER 51

Tommy Brunson

75 DIME

Bankroll Builder Game of the Year

okla st -11.5

Al DeMarco

Top-Rated 15 Dime Release

okla st -11.5

Sports Cash System

Main System Current Bet Level: Bet Level 1 (Don't understand bet levels? See the step 1 video inside the member’s area for more info)

Here's Your Sports Cash System MAIN System Play of the Day for Today:

Toledo -9 1/2 over Tulsa (Spread Bet) (NCAA Football) - Game Starts at 7:00 PM EST
    Also, listed below is your 3 extra bonus systems for today: (follow these 3 extra bonus systems to make extra profits)

*We recommend following these 3 extra bonus systems exactly the same method we teach for the main system play of the day (Step 1 video). Listed below you will see the bet level for each system, the pick, type of bet, and the sport.

Extra System #1: Florida -4 over Tennessee (Spread Bet) (Bet Level 1) (NCAA Football) - Game Starts at 3:30 PM EST

Extra System #2 Alabama -28 1/2 over Colorado State (Spread Bet) (Bet Level 1) (NCAA Football) - Game Starts at 7:00 PM EST

Extra System #3: Kansas State -3 1/2 over Vanderbilt (Spread Bet) (Bet Level 2) (NCAA Football) - Game Starts at 7:30 PM EST

Joey Juice

2nd Ever
    100 DIME Release

Bookie Breaker Blowout

okla st

Matthew Parker

50 Dime

COLLEGE

MONEY MAKER

purdue +7

Anthony Redd

Top-Rated
    100 DIME

louisville +3

Chris Jordan

Top Rated
    1,000♦

cincinnati +5

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tPickAWinner View Post
    Dr Bob

Air Force @ Michigan

Air Force (+23 ½) 16 MICHIGAN 35

These teams both play at a slow pace offensively and a game with fewer plays and possessions make it more challenging for a big favorite to cover the spread. Air Force is 6-0 ATS the last 25 years as an underdog of 21 points or more (4-0 under coach Calhoun) and all traditional option teams (Veer, Flexbone, Wishbone, I-bone but not read-option) are 61-36-2 ATS as dogs of 21 points or more since 1980 (including teams that previously ran the traditional option in the seasons in which they ran that offense). Aside from this being a game with significantly fewer plays than normal I think the Air Force option is better than their 1 returning starter would lead most to believe. Under coach Calhoun there is zero correlation to the number of returning starters and the quality of the defense in his 10 prior seasons. My ratings favor Michigan by just 19 points with the pace of the game taken into account.

Clemson @ Louisville

LOUISVILLE (+3) 30 Clemson 28

Clemson’s defense has been absolutely amazing so far this season, allowing an average of 4.5 points and 119 total yards per game at a miniscule 2.1 yards per play, which includes the 1.8 yppl that they yielded to what was supposed to be a good Auburn offense. However, Clemson will be facing a quarterback that transcends special and Lamar Jackson can make things happen even against the most talented defenses that execute well. Clemson defenders can be doing exactly what they’re supposed to be doing, which would lead to success against nearly every other offense, but that still doesn’t mean they’ll be able to keep Jackson from escaping and creating a big play with his arm or his legs. Last season Jackson led Louisville to a 63-20 romp over a very good Florida State defense and he led the Cardinals to 36 points in a 6 point loss to the Clemson team that went on to win the National Championship. Jackson is not immune to great defensive fronts, as he did struggle against both Houston and LSU, but it is safe to say that Louisville is relatively better against good defensive teams because of Jackson’s special talents.

Louisville also has a good defense that will challenge the Tigers and overall my ratings favor Clemson by just 1 point. I’ll actually call for the minor upset due to a 94-32-2 ATS home underdog momentum situation that applies to Louisville.

Tulane @ Oklahoma

OKLAHOMA (-34) 41 Tulane 10

Oklahoma proved that they are an elite team by beating up on Ohio State in Columbus last week but given the excitement of that victory I don’t see how the Sooners’ defensive players will be fully focused on learning how to defend the option attack of Tulane. The option is a great equalizer of talent and option teams tend to be good as big underdogs for that reason. Tulane is in the second season of coach Willie Fritz’ offense and the Green Wave have a pretty decent defense that gave up just 5.4 yards per play last season and held Navy to 23 points last week in a 2-point loss as a double-digit underdog.

If Oklahoma does built a huge lead my guess is that Baker Mayfield will exit the game and they’ll turn to the rushing attack to close things out. The problem is that Oklahoma’s rushing attack doesn’t appear to be as good with Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine now in the NFL. The Sooners have averaged just 4.3 yards per rushing play and gaining only 5.1 yprp against UTEP’s horrible run defense is alarming. Tulane has a solid run defense so I don’t expect Oklahoma to be able to run up the score by simply running the ball. This will also be a shorter game since Oklahoma has slowed their tempo this season and Tulane’s offensive tempo has always been slow. I like Tulane and the under.

Tennessee @ Florida

FLORIDA (-4) 28 Tennessee 21

Florida had an unplanned bye week last week due to hurricane Irma and it gave the players and coaches an extra week to put their opening game debacle against Michigan behind them. Florida’s offense still looks like an issue but Tennessee’s defense doesn’t look particularly good, as I rate that unit at just 0.1 yards per play better than average. I am impressed so far by Vols quarterback Quinten Dormady, who has averaged 7.3 yards per pass play but the Gators’ defense is strong and I project just 5.2 yards per play for Tennessee in this game. Overall my ratings favor Florida by 6 ½ points so I see some value with the Gators.

SMU @ TCU

TCU (-19½) 41 Southern Methodist 20

TCU usually bounces back to have good success after a down season under coach Gary Patterson and this year’s Horned Frogs squad looks good so far, ranking 0.7 yards per play better than average offensively and 0.9 yppl better than average defensively after last week’s good performance in their 28-7 win over Arkansas. SMU has scored an average of 56 points in two games against inferior defensive teams, SF Austin and North Texas, but their yardage numbers aren’t particularly impressive (6.3 yards per play against teams that would allow 6.8 yppl to an average team) and the Mustangs’ defense is worse than average and allowed 6.7 yards per play to a traditionally impotent North Texas offense last week. My preseason ratings would have favored TCU by 21 points and my updated ratings make it 21½ points. Not much value here.

Oregon St. @ Washington St.

WASHINGTON STATE (-21) 44 Oregon State 21

Oregon State has been even worse than I thought they’d be when I played them under 5 wins prior to the season. I suspected that the offense wouldn’t be as good as most people thought it would be but it’s been a pleasant surprise that the Beavers’ defense is even worse than projected so far. Oregon State’s secondary has allowed 65% completions and 9.6 yards per pass play in their three games while allowing 8.0 yppp or more in each game (including against FCS team Portland, who they barely beat). Not being able to defend the pass is usually a problem when facing a team that throws the ball 73% of the time. Washington State quarterback Luke Falk has been upgrade to probable and he should put up huge numbers against the Beavers while a solid Cougars’ stop unit limits the Beavers. Oregon State’s poor start has certainly been reflected in this huge line, but my ratings favor WSU by 23½ points so I’d still lean with the Cougars at -21 or less.

Colorado St. @ Alabama

ALABAMA (-28½) 44 Colorado State 13

Colorado State hasn’t been as good offensively as projected and the Rams managed just 3 points in their only game against a good defense (Colorado). The 58 points that the Rams scored against Oregon State in their opener doesn’t look quite as good now considering how bad the Beavers’ defense has been through 3 games, and Alabama should be able to contain that attack. My preseason ratings would have favored Alabama by 31 points and my updated ratings favor the Tide by 31½ points. Nick Saban likes to beat up on his former assistants so I’m not sure that he’ll call off the dogs with a big lead against Mike Bobo’s Rams.

Texas @ USC

USC (-15½) 42 Texas 24

USC is coming off an impressive 42-24 win over a very good Stanford team and the Trojans actually didn’t play poorly in their closer than expected 48-31 opening day win over Western Michigan. Western Michigan is no slouch and USC averaged 7.9 yards per play and allowed just 5.0 yppl in that game. Last week the edge against Stanford was 8.6 yppl to 6.3 yppl, which is astounding given the level of the Cardinal defense. Texas is a bit of a mystery right now, as the Longhorns gave up 51 points and 8.7 yppl to Maryland in their opener and then pitched a 56-0 shutout against San Jose State last week. I do believe that the Texas defense is good and that the Longhorns’ offense is better than average but my ratings favor USC by 17½ points.
    None of these are best bets. They are free analysis from Bob's site. He doesn't have any best bets. One strong opinion on under in the SC/Kentucky game. Thanks.

Eric Schroeder

50 Dime
    Non-Conference
    Total of the Year

ucla/memphis over 73
    Last edited by Can'tPickAWinner; 09-16-2017 at 09:58 AM.