Thread: UFC Fight Night 117

IWS Member

UFC Fight Night 117

Saitama Super Arena - Saitama, Japan - FXX
    Friday, September 22nd

Jessica Andrade / Claudia Gadelha Fight won't go 3 round distance (+155)

I think this play holds a lot of value and is worth playing. Andrade has had issues with submission experts in the past and her style of striking could directly lead into wrestling and grappling exchanges. If this fight hits the floor like it should, Claudia will have a major advantage. Gadelha showed how elite her ground game is in her last fight submitting Karolina Kowalkiewicz via rear naked choke in the first round. IMO Claudia is more likely to submit Andrade than Kowalkiewicz. Gadelha is once again in line for a shot at the belt with a victory here, No doubt she could put on a clinic for the full 3 rounds building her scorecard but I think she will be looking to make a strong statement once again finding a submission before the final horn blows.

IWS Member
    adding ...

Teruto Ishihara -150

IWS Member
    1-1

Underdog write-up play couldn't have been more wrong. Embarrassing.

Not only did the fight go the full 15 minutes which was no surprise, but the -275 favorite / #1 contender got the absolute shit smashed out of her the entire fight. Not one time attempting to bring the fight to the ground. Absolutely Impossible to predict an outcome when a fighter aborts all past strategies and looks like they have never fought a day in their life.

And to be fair / honest I should have went 0-2. The ONLY reason Teruto Ishihara won was because his opponent was deducted 1 point in the 3rd round for multiple groin kicks. If the point wasn't deducted it would have easily been a loss or draw.

Done and over with this trash bag Japan event ... onto a Great card October 7th with UFC 216.

I'm a Huge Ferguson fan but I think there is a ton of value on Kevin Lee at +185. Great price on an excellent up and comer with nothing to lose vs. a guy with everything to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
    1-1

And to be fair / honest I should have went 0-2. The ONLY reason Teruto Ishihara won was because his opponent was deducted 1 point in the 3rd round for multiple groin kicks. If the point wasn't deducted it would have easily been a loss or draw.
    Good to be on the right side of something like this for change.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter