NHL Teacher

Calgary Flames - Ottawa Senators : Under 5.5

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Accu Picks

3* Yankees/Astros under 8

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Cameron Ross (picks and parlays) Clemson/syracuse over 56, Wash st -15

GC: PAC 12

Friday we have our MLB Playoff Game of the Month going in A.L.C.S Action backed with an undefeated database system. College football comp play below.

The Friday night under the lights College Football play is on play is on California at 10:05 eastern. Cal is getting over 2 touchdowns here at home and should stay within the number here at home where they have won 7 of 11 against Washington St. The Cougars are looking at a potential flat spot after blasting Oregon and upsetting USC at home. They will get the win but are just 1-5 ats on week days and have failed to cover 5 of 6 as a conference road favorite of 6 or more. Take the 15+ points with California. On Friday we start the weekend big with the MLB playoff game of of the month. This one has an undefeated power system from the Database and a plethora of power angles. Message to jump on. For the College Football free play. Take the points with California. GC

Millerlocks

7:00 PM EST NCAAF

CLEMSON VS. SYRACUSE

PICK: SYRACUSE +23 (-110)

RISK: 11 UNITS

8:08 PM EST MLB
    NEW YORK YANKEES VS. HOUSTON ASTROS

PICK: NEW YORK YANKEES +1.5 (-132)

10:30 PM EST NCAAF
    WASHINGTON STATE VS. CALIFORNIA

PICK: WASHINGTON STATE -16.5 (-110)

10:30 PM EST NCAAF
    WASHINGTON STATE VS. CALIFORNIA

PICK: OVER 53 (-110)

IWS Member
    Marco D'Angelo

Time: 10:35 PM EDT Detroit Red Wings +114

PLAY: (59) DETROIT +114 (Westgate)

RATING: 4% PLAY

It has been quite a story thus far for the Vegas Golden Knights as they open the franchise with 3 straight wins. Now they are a small home favorite in Game number 4 against Detroit. Here are the facts, in Game 1 it was the first game of the season against Dallas who might of taken the Golden Knights lightly being an expansion team. Marc Andre Fleury stopped 45 of 46 shots in an unbelievable performance. The Golden Knights only had 30 shots on goal but got 2 of them to go in in the final period. Note the 2 goals scored were not against Dallas’ starting goalie as Bishop left the game after stopping all 19 shots against him. The back up let 2 of the 11 shots he faced go by him. Then the Golden Knights beat Arizona twice who is one of the worst teams in the NHL this year as they are winless in 4 games. Lastly and most important the Golden Knights had a huge emotional ceremony before their 1st ever game here in Las Vegas last game. There wasn’t a dry eye in the house as the team honored the 58 people who lost their lives a week earlier just a few blocks up Las Vegas Blvd. It was a very emotional opening ceremony. There is no way the team can match that intensity tonight and they will be playing a much better team than Arizona who they beat twice this season. My numbers have Detroit winning 3-1.

TAKE DETROIT as MARCO’S 4% NHL GAME OF THE WEEK

IWS Member
    Vernon Croy

4* Take #902 Houston -180 over NY Yankees

IWS Member
    Sports Handicapper King

CFL
    Saskatchewan -3

NHL
    Anaheim

IWS Member
    Strike Point Sports

7-Unit Play. Take #603 Ottawa (+3) over Saskatchewan (10 p.m., Friday, October 13)

4-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 50 Ottawa at Saskatchewan (10 p.m., Friday, October 13)

Ottawa has climbed back into the Division race with some good play in the past few weeks. They got a shot in the arm with the return of Trevor Harris last week (380 and three touchdowns) so things are getting real for the defending champs. They had an up and down regular season last year before getting hot and upsetting Calgary for the Cup so there are some signs that it could happen again. Ottawa will need another heroic performance from Harris to get by the Roughriders in this one. Saskatchewan just beat this Redblacks squad a few weeks back and match up well with the champs but with Harris back and the team in the Division title hunt there is little doubt Ottawa will bring their A game on both sides of the ball. Look for this to be a physical and ugly game to start with some fireworks down the stretch but take the points because this one should come down to the last few possessions. Ottawa squeaks by 20-19.

5-Unit Play. Take #601 Calgary (-10) over Hamilton (7 p.m., Friday, October 13)

4-Unit Play. Take 'Over' Calgary at Hamilton (7 p.m., Friday, October 13)

The Stamps just enjoyed a late season bye but they don't really need any rest or help on either side of the ball. Calgary has been pounding all comers on their way to a CFL best 12-1-1 record and a ten game winning streak. They have been scoring at will (averaging 33.1 points per game) and playing inspired defense (giving up 17.3 points per game) so the TiCats may be in some trouble with a rested powerhouse Stampeder team in town. Hamilton was embarrassed the last time these two teams met losing 60-1 so they should be extra motivated to stay in the game early but the Stamps are just too good so lay the points and expect number eleven to come with little trouble. Calgary pulls away late 39-16.

IWS Member
    Vernon Croy

7-Unit Play. Take #601-602 Calgary/Hamilton GAME TOTAL OVER 51 (Friday, October 13th at 7:00 PM ET)

Take Calgary/Hamilton GAME TOTAL OVER as my 7-Unit CFL Smash for Friday night. This pick falls into one of my top CFL systems and I have this game flying over the posted total Friday night. Both of these teams are banged up defensively and the last time they met Calgary won 60-1, and although Calgary has no chance repeating that performance against a much better Ti-Cats team this time around I do see them putting up 34+ points leaving Hamilton to put up 17+ for us to get the win. Calgary put up 36 points in their last trip to Hamilton and they are coming off a bye week so they should be well prepared. Hamilton will be out for revenge after that 60-1 rout by the Stamps and I like what June Jones has done with this team, hey they just put up 30 points against a good Bombers team and 35 points the week before against the Argos. Play the OVER with confidence

Eric Schroeder

Today's Winner:

My 75 Dime Winner is on the UNDER in tonight's series-opener between the New York Yankees and Houston Astros. And as I release this play at 8:30 a.m. pacific, the number I see is 8-under, +105.

Jack Brayman

TODAY'S WINNER

Tonight's Winner and Rating: 60 Dime HOUSTON ASTROS RUN LINE

Line/Total: -1.5, +120, as of 11:30 a.m. eastern.

Mathew Parker

Friday Selection ...

25 dime Play
    MLB

Houston Astros -1 1/2 Runs

Price - ( +110)

List Tanaka and Keuchel at the time of your wager

ANALYSIS
    No magic for the Bronx bombers in this one.Astros lefty Dallas Keuchel has been as dominant as any pitcher in baseball the last month and a half.After he sailed through 5 1/3 innings of 1 run ball in game 2 of the ALDS, he has now gone 4 straight starts of giving up 2 runs or less going back to the regular season.Now he gets the Yankees, a team he is 5-2 with a 1.24 ERA against in 7 career starts.One of those starts was a gem in the 2015 Wild Card game at Yankee stadium in which he went 6 scoreless innings.Masahiro Tanaka has been good lately, with 14 scoreless innings going back to the regular season including 7 shut out innings against Cleveland in game 3 of the ALDS.
    However the good vibes end there.
    On May 14th in Houston he had his worst start of the year allowing 8 runs on 7 hits in 1 2/3 innings.
    Although I feel he will pitch better here, I don't think he will be able to match Keuchel pitch for pitch and the Astros pull away late and win by 2 runs or more.

Trace Adams

Friday's Selection ...

For Friday, Raise The Bar 1500♦ is Clemson as the road favorite at Syracuse. At 7:15 am eastern time, the Tigers are -23 1/2 points in Vegas and offshore.

After 2 straight series covers as the double-digit underdog in 2014-15 - and nearly winning outright for that matter - Syracuse came into last year's series meeting and did not score a single point in an embarrassing 54-0 shellacking at Death Valley as the +28 point underdog.

Can the 'Cuse make some noise tonight at home?

Hmm, doubtful to me, even if Tigers signal-caller Kelly Bryant is at less than 100% with his ankle injury. Clemson's defense figures to be just as staunch this time around against the Orange offense. Syracuse did hold off Pittsburgh last week 27-24 to even their mark at 3-3 straight up for the year, but beating a regressing Panthers team, and going toe-to-toe with the defending National Champs are two entirely different things.

Clemson has a bye-week on-deck, and even if Bryant cannot go, I have faith in the Clemson defense, and backup Hunter Johnson who nearly beat out Bryant for the starting spot in the summer, and did connect on all 5 of his pass attempts in relief of Bryant in last week's win over Wake Forest (non-cover).

The Tigers are on a 7-2 spread run their last 9 away from home, while the Orange are the exact opposite at 2-7 against the spread their last 9 at the Carrier Dome.

Big road number to lay, but Clemson is one of the few teams in the land capable of chopping that number down!

Take the Tigers.

Brandon Lang

Friday selection ...

My 40 Dime Winner is on Syracuse over Clemson. The current line on this game at 9:05 am eastern is +23 1/2 in Vegas and offshore. Be sure to shop around for the best line available.

ANALYSIS

I just don't see a blowout here.

The #2 ranked team in the country the Clemson Tigers look to go to 7-0 tonight at Syracuse but in my opinion, it won't be as easy as the boys in Vegas think.

The Orange boys come in 3-3 with all 3 losses by single digits.

They lost week two at home in perhaps their worst game of the year to Middle Tennessee State 30-23 as a 7 1/2 point home chalk.

They lost at LSU 35-26 easily covering as a 21 1/2 point road dog.

They lost at NC State 33-25 easily covering as a 14 point dog.

I just can't pass them up at home getting this many points. Not with Clemson's starting QB banged up. No way.

Starting QB Kelly Bryant has been in a walking boot after their 28-14 home win but non cover versus Wake Forest.

The Tigers never came close to covering the 3-touchdown number.

Now on a short week they head up to Syracuse to face an offense that ranks 32nd in the nation in total yards with 466 per game.

That offense is led by junior Eric Dungey, who is in the top five nationally in total yards with 354 a game.

He has not one but two studs to throw to in seniors Steve Ishmael and Ervin Phillips, who have combined for 356 catches in their careers.

I understand how good the Clemson defense has been this year but this is without question the best passing offense they have seen all year.

The Cuse will move the ball on them and if the home team wins the turnover battle, they will have a shot to shock the world.

There is a reason Syracuse is 4-0 ATS last 4 when facing a team with a winning record. They elevate their game to the level of their competition.

They did it at NC State. They did it at LSU. They will do it here.

Give me all the points you want to give me tonight.