DAVE COKIN

76ERS AT PISTONS
PLAY: 76ERS +3.5

Philadelphia is still looking for its initial win of the new season. Expectations are the highest they’ve been in some time for the Sixers, so this 0-3 start already has the fan base unhappy. I can’t blame them a bit for that opinion, particularly off a very bad game against the Raptors.

But no complaints as far as Ben Simmons is concerned. No rust either, as Simmons has shown no indications of any physical worries coming off his injury.

Tobias Harris has looked really good for the Pistons, and Andre Drummond is shooting 100% from the foul line, which is actually astonishing. I don’t think this is a good team, but Detroit has been a bit of a surprise to start the season.

Bottom line for me on this game is that I still have the 76ers power rated higher than the Pistons, and that would indicate they have a little value as road dogs tonight. Just a lean, as I’ve decided to go very slowly out of the gate in the NBA until I have more data to work with. But if you’re looking for a little Monday pro hoops action, I’d opt for Philly here.