Paulo Borrachinha vs. Johny Hendricks

Anton Tabuena: Hendricks should win this one, but I just really have lost faith in seeing him back in his championship form at this point. Bad weight cuts and lack of discipline have done a number on him, and I’m not sure we will ever see that powerhouse wrestler who carries the touch of death on his left hand anymore -- even after a couple of months with Greg Jackson.

Borrachinha by TKO.

Ryan Davies: I would much rather pick this fight post weigh ins, but based on what we have seen out of Hendricks lately it’s near impossible to take him over a star in the making like Borrachinha. If Hendricks can withstand the early onslaught he may be able to win a war of attrition. A 23 year old Borrachinha gassed in a 2 round fight on TUF Brazil 3 losing to eventual finalist “Lyoto” Alexandre. Time, desire, USADA there is just too much stacking up against Hendricks.

Borrichinha TKO 1st

Phil Mackenzie: Am I? Am I really thinking of picking Hendricks? This feels a lot like Maynard-Ishihara, where we have a washed fighter who nonetheless has a fairly overwhelming depth of skill in wrestling, against a one round finisher. If Borrachinha hurts Hendricks it's probably over. If a new(?) and improved(?!?) Jackson-Wink Hendricks takes Borrachinha down in the first? Hmmmm. Wait, no. I just heard that weigh-in rant. He's still struggling to make 185 and he sounds completely nuts.

Paolo Borrachinha by TKO, round 1.

Victor Rodriguez
: Hendricks barely made weight, and not every fighter makes drastic improvements in their first fight with a new camp/team. Jackson/Winklejohn have done great things for some fighters, but this is still Johny Hendricks. He’s good, but he’s stubborn and not in the best shape anymore. He’s also undersized and facing a physical specimen that hits hard and has very accurate strikes. Good luck taking him down, too. Besides, it’s not like he’s a slouch on the ground. Again, gotta stay away from the least reliable of the two.

Borranchinha by TKO, round 2.

Zane Simon: Technically, Borrachinha doesn’t have many advantages here. He’s a slightly more potent offensive striker, but not quite a clinical one yet, and with a bad gas tank too. Physically however, he has a ton of advantages. And sometimes the physical side is all that matters.

Paulo Borrachinha via KO, Round 1.

Staff picking Borrachinha: Bissell, Ram, Nick, Eddie, Davies, Mookie, Anton, Fraser, Stephie, Phil, Victor, Zane

Staff picking Hendricks: Dayne, Tim