Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 11-7-17 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar

Tuesday 11-7-17 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Handicapped by Valuline at Finger Lakes

Today's Most Likely Winner Is at:
    Finger Lakes, Race 3 (Tuesday November 7, 2017)

ACT SURPRISED
    (For ten of today's most likely winners, see Exotic Key Plays.)

FL-3 1mi-40 DIRT Six Horses
    "A" MCL 5,000 3YUP $9,000
    P# dd ex p3 t s ML WP TVL

5 ACT SURPRISED 8/5 56% 4/5 Strong Favorite icon

Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Mountaineer Park - Race #1 - Post: 7:00pm - Maiden Special - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $14,100 Class Rating: 59

Rating: 4

#4 DO YOU LIKE THAT (ML=7/2)
    #6 BROOKLYNS RED ROSE (ML=5/1)

DO YOU LIKE THAT - I do like the fact this filly is back in a race so quickly. Quinones should have her moving big on the turn. Going on Lasix for the first time. While a conventional handicapping angle, it's still quite useful when separating your contenders. BROOKLYNS RED ROSE - Ran last time around the track against a better field at Mountaineer Park. The move down in class ranks should suit her well. I like that latest effort on October 15th at Mountaineer Park where she ran second.

Vulnerable Contenders: #3 TRUELY SUITE (ML=3/1), #5 MATAGORA (ML=4/1), #2 TRUE BLUE DIAMOND (ML=9/2),

TRUELY SUITE - No good fortune for this mount in a short distance event over the last couple months tells me that this filly is in a formidable spot MATAGORA - She showed not much at all in the last affair. Don't believe this vulnerable equine will make an impact in today's event. That last speed rating was mediocre when compared with today's class rating. TRUE BLUE DIAMOND - Last performed on October 30th at Mountaineer Park, finishing fifth. Not likely to get better off of that effort in today's event. This filly garnered a speed fig in her last event which probably isn't good enough in today's event.

Top HatGUEST COMMENTARY: The Brain - DO YOU LIKE THAT - Racing pattern would suggest this thoroughbred is fit for today's race. Should perform well.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
    #4 DO YOU LIKE THAT is the play if we get odds of 3/2 or better

EXACTA WAGERS:
    Box [4,6]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
    None

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
    Skip

F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Mahoning Valley Race Course

Mahoning Valley Race Course - Race 5

Exacta / 50 cent Trifecta / 10 cent Superfecta / 50 cent Pick 3 (Races 5-6-7)

Maiden Special • 5 1/2 Furlongs • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 92 • Purse: $21,000 • Post: 2:36P
    FOR MAIDENS, FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. THREE YEAR OLDS, 122 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. (OHIO REGISTERED FOALS PREFERRED).
    Contenders

Race Analysis
    P#
    Horse
    Morn
    Line

Accept
    Odds

Race Type: Lone Trailer. GET FOXY is the Lone Trailer of the race, but has been deemed a non-contender due to a low Platinum Figure or other overall low ratings. * KEY ANGLES * MANY WATERS: Today is a sprint and this is the horse's third or fourth start after a layoff. Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating.
    MANY WATERS
    8/5

3/2

F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Portland Meadows

Portland Meadows - Race 9

Exacta / $0.50 Trifecta / $0.10 Superfecta / Late Daily Double (Races 9-10)

Claiming $2,500 • 1 Mile 70 yards • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 81 • Purse: $5,500 • Post: 3:44P
    FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE SINCE FEBRUARY 7, 2017 OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON FOUR RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 121 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $2,500.
    Contenders

Race Analysis
    P#
    Horse
    Morn
    Line

Accept
    Odds

Race Type: Lone Stalker. MURMANSK is the Lone Stalker of the race. * KEY ANGLES * MURMANSK: Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating. STONE QUARRY: Horse has run a Good Race within the las t 30 days. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. EXTENSIVE: Horse has a TrackMaster "+" designation or an "L" designation. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. C C N' WATER: Jockey/Trainer combination win percentage is at least 30.
    MURMANSK
    5/1

9/2
    STONE QUARRY
    9/2

6/1
    EXTENSIVE
    4/1

7/1
    C C N' WATER
    3/1

8/1

Handicapped by The Walker Group at Parx Racing

Always check program numbers.
    Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 1 - Maiden Special Weight - 7.0f on the Dirt. Purse: $33000 Class Rating: 74

FOR REGISTERED PA-BRED MAIDENS, FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. THREE YEAR OLDS, 122 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
    The Walker Group Picks

# 2 BAYBERRY 9/2

# 6 COURAGEOUS SADIE 5/1

# 3 MERCY 8/5

I've got to go with BAYBERRY. With a solid jock who has won at a formidable 20 percent clip over the last 30 days. This has to be one of the top selections. Should be carefully examined based on the very good Equibase speed fig garnered in the last competition. I like Silvera on this filly to give her a decent chance to hit the wire first. COURAGEOUS SADIE - Must be given a shot based on the quite good speed rating earned in the last contest. With a formidable 69 average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance, seems well suited for today's outing. MERCY - Is difficult not to examine based on Equibase Speed Figures which have been very strong - 60 avg - of late. Very strong gains have been scored by players using this rider and handler tandem lately.

Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Turf Paradise - Race #4 - Post: 2:23pm - Claiming - 5.5 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $7,000 Class Rating: 82

Rating: 3

#2 BEACH MODE (ML=3/1)
    #6 CURLY CREEK (ML=4/1)

BEACH MODE - I do like the fact this gelding is back in a race so quickly. CURLY CREEK - Faced tougher last time around the track at Santa Anita. Based on Equibase class ratings, this is a weaker field, so I will put this thoroughbred on my list of contenders in this race.

Vulnerable Contenders: #7 LITTLE MUSTARD (ML=5/2), #4 DUPLICATE COPY (ML=7/2), #5 JONWAINS JUSTICE (ML=5/1),

LITTLE MUSTARD - In the last race this vulnerable equine finished sixth. Doesn't look promising for his chances this time out. DUPLICATE COPY - This thoroughbred likes to finish in the money, but doesn't usually win. Don't play in the top spot. JONWAINS JUSTICE - You always figure that this equine has a shot to be victorious, but he just misses most of the time. Finished first in his most recent performance with a common speed figure. When I look at today's class figure, it would take an improved performance to win after that in this bunch.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
    Put your money on #2 BEACH MODE on the nose if you can get odds of 3/1 or more

EXACTA WAGERS:
    Box [2,6]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
    None

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
    Skip

Handicapped by The Walker Group at Zia Park

Always check program numbers.
    Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 8 - Optional Claiming - 5.5f on the Dirt. Purse: $30000 Class Rating: 93

FOR FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON TWO RACES IN 2017 OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON FOUR RACES OR CLAIMING PRICE $25,000. THREE YEAR OLDS, 121 LBS.; OLDER, 123 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE SINCE OCTOBER 7, 2017 ALLOWED 3 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $25,000.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
    The Walker Group Picks

# 5 SUPER HUMOR 9/5

# 8 KELL PASO 5/2

# 3 BABES CYLVER SLEW 6/1

SUPER HUMOR has a formidable shot to take this race. Is worth looking at and may be a wager - strong Equibase speed figs (79 average) at today's distance and surface recently. As of late Carreno has been hot which may give the edge to this mare. Jockey's recent return on investment figures make this mare a very good bet. KELL PASO - Green has shown excellent profits (+9 return on investment ) at this distance/surface. Had one of the best speed figures of this group in her last affair. BABES CYLVER SLEW - Displays reliable Equibase speed figs on average overall when measured up against the rest of this field. Looks strong versus this group and should be one of the early speedsters.

Jim Feist

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Tuesday, November 7, 2017

NBA (713) PHILADELPHIA 76ERS VS (714) UTAH JAZZ

Take: OVER

Reason: The Philadelphia 76ers not looking like the doormats of old. This Philly team looking for its fifth win in a row tonight here in Utay. The Sixers added J.J Redick this year and he's been a hit, scoring 31 points in their Friday win over Indiana. Utah is coming off an embarrassing loss to the Rockets where they allowed 48 third quarter points. Philly will be without a key player here on Tuesday, C Joel Embiid, who is being sat out for rest reasons. The Sixers have been a very good point spread team, covering 17 of their last 22 road games. However, Utah has been pretty good at home, covering five of their last six. The Jazz have covered seven of the last nine meetings at Utah in this series. Both these clubs have been pretty good over bets recently. Philly has gone over their last four games and 7-1 O/U in their last eight road games. The Jazz have gone over in four straight. I'm looking at a higher scoring game here with Reddick now part of the equation. Play the OVER.

Arthur Ralph Sports

TUES Over TOTAL 233 Nets/Nuggets

BIG AL

Our complimentary selection for Tuesday, Nov 7 is:

Indiana Pacers -1 over New Orleans Pelicans.

BRANDON LEE

10* FREE NBA PICK (Bucks +4)

I'll take my chances here with Milwaukee catching points Tuesday night in Cleveland against a Cavs team that is a complete mess right now. This also feels like a line that's begging for the public to lay the short number at home with the Cavs, which only makes me like the Bucks more. There's no doubt Cleveland is missing the production of Kyrie Irving. LeBron's playing out of his mind and they beat bottom feeders. It doesn't help that Isaiah Thomas is out with an injury. The biggest thing is the defense has been awful, allowing 112 or more points in 8 straight games. Milwaukee is a young team that I think has had this game circled since they got embarrassed at home by the Cavs back in the first week of the season. Bucks are overdue to take down Cleveland and this is the best shot they have had. Give me Milwaukee +4!

SCOTT SPREITZER
    NBA | Nov 07, 2017
    Pelicans vs. Pacers
    Pacers-1

I'm recommending a play on the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday night. We had the Pacers +2 at the New York Knicks a couple nights ago. The Pacers had their 3-game winning streak snapped in their previous game and we felt they'd bounce back. Indiana led 90-74 at one point of the fourth quarter before a collapse saw them get outscored 34-11, leading to a 108-101 defeat. The Pacers return home where they have covered five of six at home against teams with a winning home record. Myles Turner returned two games ago for the Pacers, just in time to face the Pelicans' Anthony Davis / DeMarcus Cousins tandem. I don't care for New Orleans' PG situation. Jrue Holliday and backup Jameer Nelson continue to underwhelm. Indiana has covered 8 of the last 11 meetings and we like them here. I'm recommending a play on the Pacers on Tuesday. Thanks & GL! Scott Spreitzer.

SCOTT RICKENBACH

Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach NBA Free Pick Tuesday Los Angeles Clippers (+) @ San Antonio Spurs @ 8:35 ET

The Spurs are off of back to back wins but they came against Charlotte and Phoenix. That is noteworthy because the Hornets and Suns finished a combined 44 games under .500 last season. So far this season, the only team that the Spurs have beaten that had a winning record last season is Toronto and San Antonio was somewhat fortunate that night as they had a season high 20 turnovers versus the Raptors. The point is that this Spurs team is still not the Spurs of old and they continue to be without Tony Parker and, most importantly, Kawhi Leonard. Back to back wins over rather weak teams does nothing to impress me and the Clippers (finished 20 games over .500 last season) are now coming to town hungry off of back to back losses. Keep in mind that Los Angeles won BOTH visits to San Antonio last season and they aren't intimidated in the least in this setting. The fact that the Spurs are still short-handed is simply the "cherry on top" in this one and I'll gladly grab the generous points being offered. The Clippers are off of a tough homestand but sometimes the best thing for a good team in a situation like that is a change of scenery. That said, the Clips are already 2-0 (both SU and ATS) on the road this season and I expect a huge game from them here. Free Pick on LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

BEN BURNS
    NBA | Nov 07, 2017
    Clippers vs. Spurs
    Spurs-3½

The Spurs have run hot, cold and hot again, and the season is less than a month old. Right now the needle is pointed upward after consecutive wins at home over Charlotte and Phoenix, calming down the locals a bit after a rare four-game losing streak. The idea is to catch the Spurs when they’re ascending and the opponent is down – and that’s exactly the case here. The Clippers have cooled down considerably, losing four games in a recently-ended five-game homestand. Eight of the next nine for the LAC are on the road, starting with this nasty one in the shadow of the Alamo. Laying the points seems the prudent move here.

JIMMY BOYD

Free Pick on Spurs -3.5

I like the value here with San Antonio laying a short number at home against the Clippers. This is simply too good a price to pass up on the Spurs at home, even with Leonard and Parker still sidelined.
    San Antonio has got back on track here of late, winning 108-101 against the Hornets and 112-95 over the Suns in their last two games. Both at home, where they are now 4-1 on the season.
    LA on the other hand has lost 4 of 5 after that strong start. The most concerning thing is all 5 of those games came at home and the only win was against a horrible Mavs team. It also sounds like they could be without starter Danilo Gallinari, which would be a big loss.
    Even with him, I'll take my chances with San Antonio. Note that the Spurs are 17-7 ATS in their last 24 when coming off a win by 15 or more and 4-1 ATS at home.
    We also have a strong system in play that supports backing the Spurs in this spot. Favorites of 3.5 to 9.5 points that are off 2 or more wins in a row at home are 54-24 (69%) ATS dating back to 1996 when the game involves 2 teams that have a winning percentage between 51% to 60%. Take San Antonio!

INFO PLAYS

Free Pick on Kings +11

RED DOG SPORTS
    Soccer | Nov 07, 2017
    Colchester United FC vs. Southend United
    Southend United-125

This soccer match takes place in England on Tuesday afternoon.
    Southend 2
    Colchester 1

DUSTIN HAWKINS

Free Play on Knicks PK -110

When: 7:30 PM ET, Tuesday, November 7, 2017
    Where: UB Stadium, Buffalo, New York
    QUICK HITS

Overall Team Offense

• The Buffalo Bulls are ranked 59 on offense, averaging 409.6 yards per game. The Bulls are averaging 138.4 yards rushing and 271.1 yards passing so far this season.
    • The Bowling Green Falcons are ranked 87 on offense, averaging 379.3 yards per game. The Falcons are averaging 161.4 yards rushing and 217.9 yards passing so far this season.

Home and Away

• The Buffalo Bulls are 2-2 at home this season, 1-4 against conference opponents and 2-2 against non-conference opponents.
    • At home the Bulls are averaging 37.0 scoring, and holding teams to 31.5 points scored on defense.
    • The Bowling Green Falcons are 2-3 while on the road this season, 2-3 against conference opponents and 0-4 against non-conference opponents.
    • On the road, the Falcons are averaging 22.2 scoring, and holding teams to 30.6 points scored on defense.