Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Plays Saturday 12/16/17

Brandon Lang (1:00 PM EST)

75 Dimes - North Texas +6
    Free Heber! Heber Carl Jentzsch, 82, President of the Church of Scientology International, is believed to be held in a Scientology prison (RPF). He has not been seen since 2005.

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Sharp Money Plays Sports

NHL - (25-10 run)
    Top Play - 5* Minnesota -110
    4* Philadelphia -120
    2* NY Rangers/Boston Under 6
    2* Ottawa +112
    2* Washington -155
    2* Tampa Bay/Colorado Over 6

NFL - 4* Chargers pk

CBB
    Top Play - 5* Florida -5
    4* Kentucky/Virginia Tech Over 157
    4* Oklahoma State/Florida State Over 152
    3* Utah/BYU Under 149

Underdog

North texas +6

NFAC

CFB
    Grambling Under 50 500
    Troy 1h Under 31.5 500

Wayne Root

Millionaire - Chicago
    No Limit - Colorado St
    Perfect - No Texas
    Inner Circle - KC
    Pinnacle - Oregon

CBB

No Limit - UNI
    Perfect - FSU

203) OVER 54 GEO ST-W KEN…($500) via Will Hill & Greek (BMC)

209) MIDDLE TENN ST +3.5 (-120)…($900) BIG MOVE (BMC)

Stations, Bovada, & Caesars at 3.5 (-110)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Kill View Post
    Happy Holidays to you CPAW and everyone here at IWS!
    Same to you Buzz and thanks for your help!

Sports Unlimited/Marco D'Angelo

5 Kansas City +1
    4 Ark St. under 62'
    Late money play Oregon over 61'

Gavazzi

College hoops:
    5% Loy-Chicago
    5% FSU

NFAC

CBB
    eastern Illinois -2 500
    Oakland +19 500

Vernon Croy
    4-Unit Play. Take #587 Saint Louis +7.5 over Oregon State (Saturday, December 16th at 10:30 PM ET)
    Take Saint Louis ATS as my 4-Unit CBB Smash for Saturday. This pick falls into one of my top CBB systems and I have the Billikens winning this game outright so we are getting great line value tonight. The Billikens are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 neutral site games and 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games when playing a team with a winning record. Opponents have shot 37.1% against the Beavers this season from beyond the arc, and the Beavers have had an easy strength of schedule this season so their numbers may appear better than Saint Louis because they have played nobody with the exception of St John's. The Beavers are 6-16 ATS in their last 22 non-conference games and just 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games overall. Play Saint Louis ATS as we bounce back and move to 17-9 the last 28 days in CBB.

500 charlie sports

ducks under 62
    Georgia st under 56
    herd +4

Tiger

366 tex a-m -6.5

Gavazzi College Football

4 Col St
    4 ARK ST
    3 Troy
    3 Oregon

Cal sports

4* Ducks OVER in football
    3* KC CHiefs

Doc's sports

4 Unit Play. #530 Take Kentucky -5.5 over Virginia Tech (2 pm ESPN 2) The Hokies can score a lot of points but they do not play much defense and thus Kentucky will wear them down in the second half especially since this game takes place in Lexington. The Wildcats are 8-1 but some of their wins have been less than impressive. With conference play just around the corner expect Kentucky to start playing better basketball.

4 Unit Play. #563 Take Eastern Michigan -1.5 over Long Beach State (7 pm) The 49ers overschedule every year and thus their record is always hard to figure out. But they did not perform that well in Big West play last year and this brutal schedule eventually takes its toll on this team. The Eagles are one of the top teams in the MAC and they will enter this game having won three of their last four games. EMU has covered 4 of their last 5 nonconference games.

6 Unit Play. #570 Take Marshall -3 over Ohio (8 pm) The Thundering Herd play an up-tempo three-point shooting style of offense that reminds teams of a Mike D'Antoni type of team. That is because his brother Don is the coach of this team and when they are making three-point shots this is a tough team to beat. That task is even much tougher at the Henderson Center and these two teams actually met last year in Huntington with Marshall winning that game, 98-88. That game should feature a big crowd since the start time was pushed back in order to show the bowl game on the jumbotron. Since that game I feel Marshall has gotten better and Ohio has stayed the same having to replace key people from their team last season. Both teams are coming off impressive victories, but Marshall is 6-0 at home and has won three straight games. Marshall is 12-5 ATS in their last 17 home games. Ohio is 4-12 ATS (1 push) in their last 17 games following an ATS victory in their previous game.

4 Unit Play. #573 Take Arizona -13.5 over New Mexico (8 pm CBSSN) The Wildcats laid an egg in the Bahamas but they have been perfect in the mainland. New Mexico is terrible and in a complete rebuild mode that they may not be able to get out off. No bet against the Lobos is a bad bet.

4 Unit Play. #600 Take Florida State -6 over Oklahoma State (2 pm FS2) The Pokes are 7-2 but they do not have any quality wins on the season. Their two games against NCAA Tournament teams they were blown out and this will be three in a row since Florida State will make the Big Dance. The Noles are for real and they will have the home court edge since this game takes place in Sunrise, FL. The Pokes are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against ACC teams. The Seminoles are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games overall.

4 Unit Play. #628 Take Over 161 in North Dakota @ Gonzaga (8 pm ESPN 3) Both teams are trending toward the over and thus we will expect another high scoring game tonight in Spokane, WA. North Dakota was gone over the posted total in 8 of their last 9 games. Gonzaga has gone over the posted total in 5 straight games.
    Best of Luck - Doc's Sports

NFAC

Added

Boise St +7.5 -125 500
    MTSU Under 61 500

Robert Ferringo cbb

1-Unit Play. Take #517 Seton Hall (-8.5) over Rutgers (Noon, Saturday, Dec. 16)
    The RAC an definitely be a tough placed to play. And Rutgers is going to be way up for this game against their in-state rival. But Seton Hall is just too much. These guys are really hitting their stride and right now they look like one of the best teams in the country. Seton Hall is extremely experienced. And I think that Rutgers is going to be able to hang around in the first half before the Pirates simply hit the jets.

2-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #517 Seton Hall (-3.5) over Rutgers (Noon) AND Take #596 Purdue (-2) over Butler (Noon, Saturday, Dec. 16)
    1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #519 Miami (-3) over George Washington (Noon) AND Take #527 Northwestern (-1) over DePaul (2 p.m.)
    1-Unit Play. Take #526 Georgetown (+5.5) over Syracuse (12:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)

I don't think that Syracuse has done enough to warrant being a true road favorite here. I know Georgetown has played one of the worst schedules in the country. But Syracuse hasn't played a road game yet. And I think that they will struggle with the size and athleticism of the Hoyas around the rim. Georgetown has beaten the Orange each of the last two years and they are 5-1 ATS in the last six meetings and 7-2 ATS in the last nine.

3-Unit Play. Take #527 Northwestern (-6) over DePaul (2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    Northwestern obviously suffered a letdown early in this season. After finally climbing their Everest last year and making it to the NCAA Tournament this team didn't have the same edge coming into the year. However, they have dominated their last two games and I finally saw some fire and a little edge in their last game, a 34-point home win over Valparaiso. I think that will carry over into this tough true road game against DePaul. DePaul is an improved team. But they are dealing with some significant injury issues. Point guard Devin Gage is out for the year so they lack a true point guard. And senior transfer center Marin Maric is likely out for this game as well. That's two starters down from a team that can't afford to lose two starters. Northwestern has beaten the Blue Demons the last two seasons by 16 and by 8. They are 5-1 ATS in this series and they are either going to lose this game outright or cover this number. I will go with the latter.

1-Unit Play. Take #531 Loyola Chicago (-2) over UW-Milwaukee (2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)

3-Unit Play. Take #541 Georgia (-2.5) over Massachusetts (3 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    I will take the solid veteran team from a major conference over the young team from the lesser league. Massachusetts is in a bit of a letdown spot here after their big upset over regional rival Providence last week. I don't think they have two upsets in a row in them. This is a bad matchup for UMass, as Georgia will slow the game down and pound them on the inside with Yante Maten. The good thing about Mark Fox's teams is that you always know what you're going to get. They execute and they defend and they are going to be game here. This one should be closer and low-scoring. But there's no doubt to me that UGA is the better team here and they will methodically grind out a win.

2-Unit Play. Take #545 Cincinnati (-3.5) over UCLA (3:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    So, we still don't really know who UCLA is as a team. But we know exactly who Cincinnati is. The Bearcats are tough, mentally and physically, and they play hard on both ends of the court. The Bearcats also have an added revenge motivation in this game. UCLA knocked the Bearcats out of the NCAA Tournament last year. But that was a very different Bruins team. And the guys that did all the damage in that game - TJ Leaf, Bryce Alford, Isaac Hamilton, Ike Anigbogu and Lonzo Ball scored 61 of their 79 points - are all long gone. Cincinnati still has most of its primaries and they are going to be really focused for this one. Cincinnati has already taken on Xavier and Florida so they have played tough against top competition. UCLA really hasn't, with their best games as a win over loser Wisconsin and losses to Michigan and Creighton. I know UCLA is at home. But the Bearcats are favored for a reason.

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #547 Oklahoma (+13) over Wichita State (4 p.m.) AND Take #579 Kansas (-6) over Nebraska (8 p.m.)

1-Unit Play. Take #554 Temple (-15) over Drexel (5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    The Owls should take their frustration about getting blown out by Villanova out on another Big Five opponent. Maybe not. Maybe they could have a letdown here. But I don't think so. I don't think teams really let down after getting smoked by a hated rival. If it is a good team they will get pissed off and take that out on their next opponent.

1-Unit Play. Take #556 Ohio State (-16) over Appalachian State (6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)

1-Unit Play. Take #560 Auburn (-2.5) over Middle Tennessee State (6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    This is going to be a very good game. But Auburn has more talent here. They are getting their best player back from injury. And I think that Bruce Pearl's team will avoid overlooking this MTSU team. I thought this number should've been around 5.0 or 5.5 so there is some value on this one.

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #547 Oklahoma (+13) over Wichita State (4 p.m.) AND Take #562 Washington State (-4.5) over IUPUI (6 p.m.)

5-Unit Play. Take #562 Washington State (-9.5) over IUPUI (6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    Erratic play was to be expected form Ernie Kent's team. He has several transfers and bit pieces that he's trying to work together here. But the Cougars showed their potential with wins over St. Joseph's, St. Mary's and San Diego State, three of the best mid-major teams in the country. They've lost their last three games. But two of them were true road games. And this Cougars team is one that is going to struggle away from home all season. However, WSU has had a week to regroup. And now they need a win. IUPUI is the perfect team to play when you need a win. These guys are awful. They've lost their last three road games by 13, 19 and 25 points. They have one win over a D-I team. They have losses against Eastern Illinois and SIU-Edwardsville. They are bad. Really bad. And over the last four years they have played 13 games against teams from major conferences. Two of those games have been decided by single digits and the average margin was 22.2 points. Washington State isn't going to win by 22. But they will win by 14 and beat this short number. This spread should have been 11.5. We still would've taken it but for not as much.

2-Unit Play. Take #563 Eastern Michigan (-1.5) over Long Beach State (7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    Eastern Michigan beat LBSU by 26 points when they faced off last December. I know that Long Beach probably closed the gap. And they are motivated by revenge. And the shift in venue will have a factor. But did they close 26 points? I don't think so. Dan Monson was way ahead of the curve for a lot of years by stocking his roster with transfers. Now every team does that and LBSU just doesn't have the talent that they used to. We'll back the better team from the better conference.

1-Unit Play. Take #570 Marshall (-2.5) over Ohio (8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    When healthy, Ohio is the better team in this matchup. But without Jordan Dartis at 100 percent Ohio isn't healthy. Marshall is a different team when they play at home and they can overwhelm teams with their style of play. Ohio is another team with some pretty severe home/road splits. They are coming off a huge win over WKU and I think that they will have a letdown in Morgantown.

4-Unit Play. Take #573 Arizona (-13.5) over New Mexico (8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    It was only a matter of time before Sean Miller got things on track for Arizona. He's dealing with a young team. But, as always, Miller's team is stocked with size and talent. The Wildcats learned a lot of lessons from the ass-kicking that they took down in the Bahamas over Thanksgiving. And since then they've won four straight, including wins against potential tournament teams UNLV, Texas A&M and Alabama. And only one of those games was at home. I think the Wildcats are ready for this road test. New Mexico stinks. It wasn't long ago that The Pit was one of the toughest venues in college basketball to get a win. But right now the Lobos are completely rebuilding. They are a bad basketball team that's lost seven of their last eight games. They are in a bit of a letdown spot after a home loss to rival New Mexico State last week. And they will again be playing without their best player, Sam Longwood. Now their best player may be Akron grad transfer Antino Jackson or WKU transfer Chirs McNeal. Something tells me that guys from Akron and WKU aren't ready to hold up against future NBA players Allonzo Trier and DeAndre Ayton.

7-Unit Play. Take #583 UNLV (-7.5) over Pacific (10:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    The only reason that this wager isn't much bigger is that this line looks a little like a trap. However, the team that Pacific played at home this year that most resembles UNLV was a game against Nevada - and they lost by 15. UNLV has lost to Arizona (in overtime) and lost at Northern Iowa (in overtime). That's it. Other than that they have been rolling people. I am a big Marvin Menzies fan and he has these guys playing his type of ball. The Rebels are 8-2 ATS in their 10 games and they have absolutely rolled the weaker teams that they have matched up against. Pacific has been completely unimpressive this season and they simply don't have the size to keep up in this one.

5-Unit Play. Take #588 Oregon State (-7) over St. Louis (10:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    Oregon State is a huge bunch of losers. Don't be fooled by their five-game winning streak; it's come mainly at home and against lousy competition. But there is good news: St. Louis is also lousy competition. These guys sure try hard. But they are one of the least efficient offenses in college basketball. As a team, these guys shoot 38.2 percent from the field and 26.4 percent from 3-point range. That's laughable. The Bills are coming off a rare home win over Murray State. But I think that puts them in a major letdown spot here. After their last win they turned around and lost by 20 at home to Houston. Oregon State at least has one real player in Tres Trinkle. They somehow actually have three guys averaging more than 15 points per game. Which I will take over the Bills, whose second-leading scorer is shooting 28 percent from the field and 8 percent from 3-point range (not a typo). If Oregon State can't beat St. Louis by double-digits they should disband their team.

1-Unit Play. Take #591 Detroit (+19) over Michigan (Noon, Saturday, Dec. 16)
    Michigan is a team that is much better as an underdog rather than a favorite. And I think that it is going to be tough for them to just boot stomp Detroit when this game means a ton to the kids playing at the city school against the big, bad in-state rival. I don't think that Moritz Wagner is going to play today. And I don't know if it is 100 percent because of his ankle. There's something going on there. And I think that, as well as a letdown after playing five straight big games, will keep Michigan from going all out.

1-Unit Play. Take #594 Michigan State (-20) over Oakland (2:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)

2-Unit Play. Take #596 Purdue (-7) over Butler (Noon, Saturday, Dec. 16)
    I just don't think that this Butler team is very good. They've lost to the only two tournament-caliber teams that they've taken on this year (Maryland and Texas) and neither game was really that close. When Purdue gets hot from the outside they can bury teams. And there is no doubt that the Boilermakers are much better on the defensive end. Purdue has more experience, more talent, and they are more efficient on both ends. I think they can drop the hammer here.

2-Unit Play. Take #597 Notre Dame (-5) over Indiana (2:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    I know that Indiana really wants to win this game on a neutral court against an in-state rival. But I don't think that they are good enough to win this game. They've played hard against the best teams on their schedule this year. But they have lost by at least nine points to Seton Hall, Duke, Michigan and Louisville. This game won't be any easier. It's going to be a long year for Indiana as they adjust to a new system and as Archie Miller gets used to the fact that they just don't have a lot of talent. Notre Dame has played in and won these types of games and I see them getting another one here.

3-Unit Play. Take #602 Florida (-5.5) over Clemson (4:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    The Tigers have gotten to 8-1 by beating?no one. They lost to the best team that they have faced, Temple, and a win at Ohio State doesn't mean all that much to me, especially when they had to climb out of a double-digit hole to get it. Florida is legit. They had a tough stretch losing some bad matchups to Duke and Florida State. Then they just threw up on themselves against Loyola. But the Gators got back on track by taking down a really good Cincinnati team. And I think that having a week off to get ready for this game will work to their advantage. Florida is playing much closer to home so they should have a nice crowd advantage. I'll back the team with the better guard play, the home court edge, and the team that's actually tested itself early in the year.

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #583 UNLV (-2.5) over Pacific (10:30 p.m.) AND Take #604 Iowa (-2) over Drake (2 p.m.)

3-Unit Play. Take #604 Iowa (-7) over Drake (2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    Wow does Iowa need something good to happen. These guys have been getting their asses kicked over the last month. But a closer look shows that they have played a really tough schedule and a lot of these games - at Virginia Tech, at Indiana, at Iowa State - have been on the road. Drake sucks. They somehow played out of their minds to keep it close against Minnesota in their last game. But this is the same team that got lit up by 28 in a game at South Dakota on Dec. 6. Iowa is 3-1 ATS in the last four meetings. They have to be motivated for this game because they desperately need something positive to salvage from this nonconference season. And a win over an in-state rival would do the trick.

2-Unit Play. Take #622 Murray State (-14.5) over Marist (8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    I like the Racers here. Murray State is generally excellent at home. And I think that these guys are going to be a little irked after their poor second half at St. Louis this week. Marist if fodder. This team lost by 21 at home to Army, lost by 21 at Oregon State, and is coming off a home loss to Stetson. They stink. Murray State is in the top 50 in field goal offense and field goal defense and I think that they will take off in the second half in this one.

3-Unit Play. Take #628 Gonzaga (-30) over North Dakota (8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16)
    Mark Few never needs an excuse to run it up on someone. For all his mid-major roots, Few gives no quarter to overmatched opponents. Look no further than their 40-point win over Howard, their 35-point win over Incarnate Word, or their 28-point win over Texas Southern (who's not that bad). Hell, Gonzaga blows out good teams, beating Ohio State by 27 and Washington by 27. The Bulldogs are 16-7 ATS as a favorite of between 20-29 points over the last four years and I like them to hammer North Dakota - a team coming off a 36-point loss at South Dakota State - in this one. If North Dakota can lose by almost 50 at Creighton they can lose by 40 here.

jeff benton

NFC North Total of the Year

bears/lions over

Fat jack

THERE ARE 4 FOOTBALL SELECTIONS SATURDAY

#203 GEORGIA STATE +6.5

#206 BOISE STATE +7.5

#209 MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE +4

#209 midd tenn state UNDER 62

GOOD LUCK!! JACK