Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Plays Wednesday 12/27/17

Ferringo cbb

2-Unit Play. Take #723 Eastern Michigan (+12.5) over Syracuse (7 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 27)

Eastern Michigan can put up points. That's their lone skill. They don't defend. And other than one or two guys they don't rebound. But they can score. EMU has three guys averaging at least 17 points per game and I think they will put up some points against the Orange here tonight. I'm not sure what Syracuse's interest level in this game is going to be during the holiday break. They are coming off an outright loss to St. Bonaventure and an unimpressive win over Buffalo. Throw in some up and down efforts against Georgetown and Connecticut and just a 14-point win over Colgate and I don't trust this team laying double-digits. Syracuse will win. But I think the Eagles have enough to keep it close.

5-Unit Play. Take #727 Xavier (-2.5) over Marquette (8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 27)

I do not think that Marquette is any good. I know they've won four straight, including a blowout win over Wisconsin. But this team has not impressed me with their play. They don't play defense and Andrew Rowsey is simply not good enough to carry a team to anywhere but a mid-conference finish. Xavier is legit as hell. This team is Final Four good. And they've proven it by going 17-4 ATS in their last 21 games and 9-2 ATS in their last 11 road games. J.P. Macura is a money player and Trevon Bluiett is a true go-to guy. Xavier is much better defensively and they can punish the Golden Eagles on the interior. The X-Men have lost once, and that was to a very good Arizona State team. They have blowout wins over Baylor and Cincinnati, two tournament-caliber teams, and true road wins over Wisconsin and Northern Iowa show that they can win anywhere. Look, I just think Xavier is the better team in this one. And I like their size, experience and resume more than the Golden Eagles. This is a tough place to get a win. But Xavier is a tough team.

4-Unit Play. Take #733 San Diego State (-3) over Wyoming (9 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 27)

I think that San Diego State's win over Gonzaga is going to propel them into Mountain West play. This is a team that should be better than they have been. They have nice wins over Gonzaga and Georgia, but they also have outright losses to Cal and Washington State as double-digit favorites. So you never know what you're going to get. But Wyoming hasn't been impressive at all, even at home. They have been floored by South Carolina (by 16) and Cincinnati (by 25), the two best teams they've faced. And losses to Northern Colorado and Denver, as well as OT wins over Drake and Eastern Washington, are huge red flags. These guys aren't good. And if good SDSU shows up this one will be a blowout. If not, the Aztecs lose outright. I'm betting the former.

1-Unit Play. Take #735 San Jose State (+12) over Utah State (9 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 27)

San Jose State stinks. But Utah State really isn't much better. And this number is a little thick for them. Utah State is really banged up. They are down two starters from last year that they thought they would have back and three other guys are either questionable to play tonight or out until January. So this team isn't that good and they aren't 100 percent. SJSU has done a lot of losing this year. But they really haven't gotten blown out that much. I think they can hang around here.

3-Unit Play. Take #738 Boise State (-11) over Colorado State (9:30 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 27)

I don't love this Boise State team. But they are excellent at home and capable of unleashing the fury. This Colorado State team is ripe for a blowout loss because they are a mess. They've played five teams currently rated in the Top 100. Their average loss in those games is by 20 points per. And just one of those losses, at Missouri State, was by fewer than 12 points (they lost by 10). Boise is bigger, they are more experienced, they shoot the ball better, and their home court edge plays right into Colorado's weakness on the road. I'll play for a blowout.

7-Unit Play. Take #739 Nevada (-2) over Fresno State (10 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 27)

Fresno State hasn't played anyone. And they haven't beaten anyone. So while they have some nice numbers, the reality is that they haven't proven that they can do what Nevada can do. The Wolfpack have been an outstanding mid-major team through the season's first two months. They've been wrecking people. And I think that will translate into league play. Wins over Rhode Island and Davidson stand out and their tight losses to Texas Tech and TCU show that they can play at a high level. Again, Fresno hasn't shown that. This number is short and we'll take a shot.
    Last edited by New York Knight; 12-27-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Vernon Croy

FOSTERS FARM BOWL:

6-Unit Play. Take #275 Purdue +3.5 over Arizona (Wednesday, December 27th at 8:30 PM ET)

Take Purdue ATS as my 6-Unit CFB Smash for Wednesday night.

This pick falls into one of my top CFB systems and the Boilermakers are the superior team defensively here. The Boilermakers have allowed just 17.8 ppg on the road this season while the Wildcats have allowed an average of 40.2 ppg on the road this season. Purdue is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 non-conference games and 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games after putting up more than 450 total yards in their previous game. The Wildcats are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 neutral site games and just 1-5 ATS in their last 6 bowl games. The Wildcats are also just 8-18 ATS in their last 26 games overall and just 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games against a Big Ten opponent. Purdue's defense will slow down this Wildcats offense and Purdue has played much tougher opponents this season than the Wildcats. Play Purdue ATS.
    Last edited by New York Knight; 12-27-2017 at 01:22 PM.

IWS Member

Kelso 12/27

FLORIDA ST -12
    missouri -3

Ultra Sports CFB 12/27

Boston College
    Texas

17-5 football run; 2-1 Bowls

Fezzik

Southern Miss +14.5
    Southern Miss/FSU u49
    Boston College +3 -125

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Lee Sterling

20 Southern Miss
    25 Iowa
    25 Missouri

Bob Balfe

has Arizona -3 vs Purdue in his Lock Club.

CleInsidersports

NCAAF
    Purdue +3.5
    Texas +3

NBA
    Mavs/Pacers U204
    Jazz +12

NCAAB
    Butler -4

NHL
    Canadiens/Hurricanes U5.5
    Coyotes/Avalanche U5.5

JR O’Donnell
    1* Detroit-Jersey over NHL

The Greene Kings

Missouri -3

Boston -1.5
    Indiana -5
    New Orleans -10
    Cleveland -9
    Utah +11.5

Butler -4
    Syracuse -13
    Xavier -3.5
    AF +11
    UCF +11.5
    SJSU +13
    Nevada -1.5

Indian Cowboy Soccer
    3* Man City -1.5 -155

Power Play Wins

Boston College +3 (CFB)

Any Root out there?

Joey Cassano

Marquette +3
    college basketball!

marco d'angelo/sports unlimited

7 Purdue

Sports bank
    strong
    purdue under

Millionaires club
    lock
    missouri

NorthCoast 4* Boston College

Arthur Ralph Super PK Boston College + 3, GOLD Keys Texas +3, So Miss +15 free play UNDER 66 Ariz/Purdue