Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Plays Thursday 12/28/17

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    VSI NBA

NBA BASKETBALL

4 Unit Play. Take #509 Under 208 Philadelphia at Portland (10:35p.m., Thursday December 28)
    A little shocked that this total came up so high as the Portland Trailblazers are 9-24 O/U this season. The Blazers offense struggled in their last home game against the Nuggets dropping that game 102-85 and that total was 203.5 so know you are telling me tonight this total is 208. The Philadelphia 76ers come to the Rose Garden trending UNDER games going 1-3 O/U in their last 4 games and tonight I see a defensive battle between these two non-conference opponents. Philadelphia is 7-20 O/U against Northwest division teams and the Blazers are 2-10 O/U in their last 12 home games.

VSI NHL

NHL HOCKEY

4 Unit Play. Take #63 Under 5.5 -115 Calgary at San Jose (10:35p.m., Thursday December 28)
    Tonight the Calgary Flames travel to the SAP Center at San Jose and tonight I see the Shark Tank making it a long evening for the Flames. I was looking at San Jose tonight in this NHL matchup but getting 5.5 -115 on the UNDER seems a steal. Last Saturday we had the UNDER in the Sharks/Kings game at the SAP Center and cashed with a Sharks 'W' 2-0 and tonight I see another low scoring game in Northern Cal. Calgary comes to California trending UNDER games going 1-5 O/U in their last 6 games and tonight the Flames struggle to put the puck in the net. Calgary is 0-8 O/U against a team with a winning record and the Flames are 1-4 O/U in their last 5 road games. San Jose is 1-4-3 O/U when playing on 3 or more days rest and the Sharks are 8-19 O/U last 27 games.

fat jack baskets

THERE ARE 5 BASKETBALL SELECTIONS THURSDAY

#503 HOUSTON -1 (NBA)

#506 milwaukee OVER 213 (NBA)

#517 ILLINOIS,CHICAGO +7

#541 RICE +13

#559 ST PETERS +1.5

GOOD LUCK! JACK

Ultra Sports
    Michigan state
    Stanford

PhillyGodFather

3% Burial STANFORD +3.5

BMC $900 Wash St +3 (Buy 1/2 Point)

NFAC $800 Virg Tech +6

Tommy Brunson

DIME
    Major Wager
    Winner # 8 of 12

Holiday Bowl Lock

Michigan st

Lee Sterling

30 Oklahoma St
    25 Stanford
    25 Michigan St

Exodus to Black

( CFB ) Michigan St-2

Sports cash 12/28

blazers (2)

knicks (1)
    navy (2)
    tcu (1)

Fat Jack

THERE ARE 4 FOOTBALL SELECTIONS THURSDAY

#242 navy UNDER 52

#277 MICHIGAN STATE -1

#244 OKLAHOMA STATE -5.5

#246 TCU-3

Don Johnson 197-206

2 Units:

Rockets -2

76ers +3.5

Bucks -4.5

Oakland -2

Strike Point Sports (SPS)

CBB
    7 Unit. (#560) Fairfield

Tony Finn

STANFORD at (246) TCU

4% TCU -2.5 (-110)

The Cardinals have been all about getting running back Bryce Love his 2,000 yards... more than a victory tonight... assisting Love in this landmark season acheivement will be Stanford's goal, according to HC Shaw.

"As usual, it's probably more important to the other guys than it is to Bryce. Bryce just shrugs his shoulders at all those things," Shaw said. "Most rushes over 50 yards record, all that stuff, he kind of shrugs his shoulders, OK, that's great. When is practice?

Love isn't 100 percent after suffering an ankle injury last month. He looked gimpy according to reports during bowl preps with what has been titlted, a high ankle sprain.

TCU has the crowd advantage, the time zone advantage and in essense this is a home game for the Frogs.

TCU is better defensively and while the Cards crew want Love to achieve his 2000 yard season this game is all about the quarterback play of TCU. Hill had a 138.5 QBR in December and the Frogs only losses this season came against ranked foes, Iowa State and OU (twice)... and the Sooners just might be the best team in football when all is said and done this season.

Stephen Nover's All-Access Thursday Sweep

CBB

Louisiana Tech vs Western Kentucky
    Louisiana Tech +9 (-110)

This is the Conference USA opener for both teams - and it's too many points for Western Kentucky to be laying.
    Conference USA is wide open this season with no clear-cut favorite. Louisiana Tech has the better record and also averages four more points per game than Western Kentucky.

The Bulldogs defeated Western Kentucky by nine points last season as a 12-point home favorite. Now look at the line. Good value here to Louisiana Tech.

San Francisco vs San Diego
    Under 131 (-110)

I always think defense when San Diego is involved. The Toreros are No. 1 in 3-point defense, rank 12th in fewest points allowed per game and are eighth in defensive field goal percentage. San Francisco is improved defensively allowing 66.3 points a game and rank in the top 65 in defensive efficiency. Neither offense is very good. The intensity should be up as this is a West Coast Conference matchup. The Under has won in 12 of San Francisco's last 16 WCC games. The Under has cashed in 11 of San Diego's past 13 conference games. So I see this total as opening too high. The Under should be good all the way to 125.

NBA

Wolves vs Bucks
    Over 212.5 (-105)

I'm going to roll with the tide and play this matchup to go Over. The Bucks have been a monster Over team going 14-2-1 above the number in their last 17 games. Milwaukee has reached triple digits in each of its last 16 games and is averaging 110.4 points during its last nine games. That shouldn't change here as the Bucks are off an embarrassing 115-106 home loss to the Bulls two nights ago and catch the Timberwolves in action for the third time in four days and second in two nights having nipped the Nuggets, 128-125 in overtime, last night. The Timberwolves rank last in the league in defensive field goal percentage. The Bucks have the perimeter shooters to take full advantage. Minnesota is averaging 113.5 points in its last seven games. The Timberwolves have gone Over in seven of their past eight games, including the last five. Jimmy Butler has been on fire and Karl-Anthony Towns could dominate against a weak rebounding Bucks front line. The Timberwolves may not have starting point guard Jeff Teague. But Tyus Jones is one of the more underrated backup point guards in the league. He's better than an 83 percent foul shooter and is second on the Timberwolves in 3-point shooting percentage.

CFB

Stanford vs TCU
    Stanford +3 (-101)

These are two strong defensive teams. Stanford is holding foes to 21.5 point a game, 25th-best in the country. The oddsmaker, of course, knows this. That's why we have a relatively low total here. So points matter. And I'll gladly accept them with Stanford, who I rate as better than TCU. Stanford has gone to a bowl game nine straight seasons. The Cardinal has won their last three bowl games. I really like them as underdogs in the David Shaw era as they've covered 80 percent of the time in 15 games in that role under Shaw. Stanford beat Washington by eight points and Notre Dame by 18 as an underdog this season while also covering as a 'dog against USC in the Pac-12 championship game. TCU quarterback Kenny Hill has failed to step up in big games. His worst games came away from home, too. I prefer Stanford's power ground attack headed by speedster Bryce Love. The Horned Frogs are not used to facing this type of offense. They play an unorthodox 3-3-5 defense. This defense is geared to stop the numerous spread offenses in the Big 12 not the type of offense Stanford employs.

NHL

Blackhawks vs Canucks
    Over 5.5 (-106)

The Blackhawks gave up four goals each to the Stars and Devils - both on the road - during their last two games before the Christmas break. Now, coming out of break, the Blackhawks should be refreshed and full of energy. They can take advantage of Vancouver, which ranks 26th defensively and has yielded nine power-play goals in its last seven games. The problem for Chicago, though, is it won't have star goalie Corey Crawford. He's out for at least the next three games. It's a huge step down from Crawford to backup Anton Forsberg, who is 1-4-3 with a 3.13 GAA. The Canucks' offense is respectable thanks to rookie Brock Boseser, who has 20 goals including seven in his last nine games.
    Last edited by bmd1803; 12-28-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Mathew Parker

1st 50 DIME
    College Hoops Play
    Double-Digit Blowout of the Year

Marshall -11

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tPickAWinner View Post
    fat jack baskets

THERE ARE 5 BASKETBALL SELECTIONS THURSDAY

#503 HOUSTON -1 (NBA)

#506 milwaukee OVER 213 (NBA)

#517 ILLINOIS,CHICAGO +7

#541 RICE +13

#559 ST PETERS +1.5

GOOD LUCK! JACK
    does he rank plays or are they listed in order of top selections? Sorry don’t follow but was curious his best sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tPickAWinner View Post
    Dr Bob NBA

Thursday, December 28

*New York (+12 ½) over SAN ANTONIO

Rotation #507 – 5:35 pm Pacific

San Antonio barely covered against the Nets as an 11 ½ point favorite (won by 12 with some positive 3-point variance) and now they’re favored by 12 ½ over the Knicks? I understand that New York played last night but New York is an average team and even with a rest advantage the Spurs would have to be 8 points better than an average team to justify a line this high. So far this season the Spurs have been 2.6 points better than an average team and even with Kawhi Leonard back they are still not an elite team until the prove it. I rate the Spurs at 5 points better than average with Leonard still playing limited minutes (26 minutes has been his maximum so far) and I’d favor San Antonio by just 9 ½ points in this game and I’ll take New York in a 1-Star Best Bet at +12 points or more.

***Detroit (-4 at -115 odds) over ORLANDO

Line moved back to -4.5 after I released this play to subscribers

Rotation #501 – 4:05 pm Pacific

Orlando was already a bad team without Terrence Ross and losing Nikola Vucevic is a major blow even with Evan Fournier and possibly Aaron Gordon back in the lineup. As I pointed out in Tuesday’s anti-Magic play, Gordon and Fournier both have really negative plus-minus numbers when Ross and Vucevic are both on the bench. The problem with Vucevic not playing is it gives more minutes to Bismak Biyombo, who started on Thursday. Biyombo has a plus-minus of -186 points in 550.7 minutes this season, which is -16.2 points per 48 minutes. The Magic are actually even in point differential in the minutes that Vucevic has been on the court this season, so you can see why I rate Orlando much lower with Vucevic out.

Reggie Jackson has going Avery Bradley on the injury list for Detroit but that’s actually not a problem at all. Detroit has won 4 of 5 games without Bradley in the lineup and Jackson has always been a negative impact player. Detroit got much worse last season when Jackson joined the rotation after missing a big chunk of games at the beginning of the season and he has a -11 plus-minus this season on a team that is +39 in points margin for the season. Actually, when either Bradley or Jackson are on the floor the Pistons have been outscored by 13 points in 1083.7 minutes this season and Detroit is +52 points in 500.3 minutes (+5.0 points per 48 minutes) when both guards are sitting on the bench. Part of that is due to Bradley and Jackson mostly playing against their opponent’s starting units but after adjusting for that I still rate the Pistons as a bit better without Jackson and Bradley (all because Jackson is a negative player).

The Magic are now 3-20 straight up and 5-17-1 ATS in their last 23 games, and they’re even worse without Vucevic, and my player specific ratings favor Detroit by 9 ½ points in this game. I’ll take Detroit in a 3-Star Best Bet at -5 points or less and for 2-Stars up to -6 points.

Add

*Minnesota (+4 ½) over MILWAUKEE

Rotation #505 – 5:05 pm Pacific

Minnesota played overtime last night, which is about a full point adjustment against them, but I like the Timberwolves’ current rotation (even though I had Denver +5.5 last night) and I am not found of the Bucks, who are a bit overrated. Minnesota is improved now that Shabazz Muhammed stopped being in the rotation. Minnesota has outscored opponents by a total of 76 points this season but they’re -115 points when Muhammad is on the floor. It’s not a coincidence that Minnesota is 10-3 straight up in games Muhammad does not play in and my ratings, based on current rotations, favor Milwaukee by just 1 ½ points even with an extra couple of points added to their home court advantage for Minnesota playing overtime last night. I’ll take Timberwolves in a 1-Star Best Bet at +4 points or more.

Ocal Sports

NBA
    (5) MIN @ MIL Over 212
    (5) HOU @ BOS Over 215

NCAAB
    (5) Providence Over 141.5
    (7) Monmouth Over 148.5
    (10) Marshall Over 154.5
    (5) Murray State -9.5
    (5) UTSA Over 156
    (5) Morehead State +8/+300

NCAAF