3* North Carolina State +7

IWS Member
    Gabriel Dupont

NHL

50 Dime ATLANTIC DIVISION GAME OF THE MONTH

Detroit ML

IWS Member
    Allen Eastman

6-Unit Play. Take #754 Tulsa (-2.5) over Connecticut (7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 3)

I like the home team in this one. This line is dropping. That actually adds value to me. Connecticut has lost three games in a row and all three were blowouts. They are coming off a 10-point home loss to Wichita State in their league opener and this team has lost five straight games played off their home court. The Huskies are just 2-7 ATS in their last nine games. Tulsa has won back-to-back games and five of their last six. They are on a 5-0 ATS run and this team is improving. Junior Etou is a solid go-to guy and this team has more experience. That will pay off here. The Golden Hurricane are 7-2 ATS in their last nine home games and they should get the job done here tonight.

IWS Member
    SSI Wins Parlays Lifestyle

4 UNITS - NCAAB

Kentucky ML / South Carolina ML /Florida St ML

IWS Member
    Vegas Sports Informer

3 Unit Play. Take #723 Over 211.5 Oklahoma City at Los Angeles Lakers (10:35p.m., Wednesday January 3)

The Oklahoma City Thunder offense has been improving week after week and tonight in LA I see the Thunder having no issues scoring against the weak Lakers defense. Lakers defense is allowing 122.6ppg in their last 5 games and I see the Thunder 'Big 3' having a field day tonight. The Lakers are 9-2 O/U in their last 11 games and the last 5 meetings in Staples Center 4 of them have gone over.

IWS Member
    Strike Point Sports

2-Unit Play. Take #707 Minnesota (-6.5) over Brooklyn (7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 3)

The Wolves are rolling and the Nets aren't good enough defensively to slow them down. Minnesota has been a solid play regardless of venue as of late. The Timberwolves have covered five of' their last six games on the road and tonight will be no different. Minnesota even without Jeff Teague is still getting solid play from the point guard position as Tyus Jones is taking care of the ball and turning over opposing guards. Look for the Wolves to roll in tonight's game 119-102.

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    PHILLYGODFATHER

755 Evansville +5 (2%)
    763 Indiana St +7 (2%)
    792 South Dakota -16 (2%)
    767 St Bon -1 (1%)
    786 Cal Riv Over 141 (1%)

Maximospicks
    Top Play
    NBA Boston -3

Best Bet
    NCAAB Virginia Tech +1.5
    NCAAB St. John’s Over 157.5

TheMachine

NBA:

Spurs vs. 76ers Under 206.5 *10 units*

NCAAB:

NC State +7 *10 units*

Boston College +5.5 *10 units*

Creighton -11.5 *10 units*

DR BOB

1*Rockets-8
    1*Pistons+2

IWS Member
    Alleghenies Analysis

6 Unit Side Play · [780] Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

IWS Member
    Vegas Killers

Game: Thunder/Lakers

Pick: Under 212 (-110)

Recommended

Unit Play (Risk)

4.4 Units

IWS Member
    Indian Cowboy

7-Unit Play. #782. Take Oklahoma -9.5 over Oklahoma State (Wednesday @ 9pm est).

Let's go for 7 in a row today in College Basketball as we love working hard for our clients and love it even more when it translates into a big streak of wins with our 1 play of the day system. Save money and join us for the entire season as we plan on posting huge profits to add to the +$20,000 already coming into this season over the last 4 years. Per this selection, we like Oklahoma to possibly rout Oklahoma State. Remember, Oklahoma had a horrible season last year winning just 11 games and Lon Kruger's team is angry about that because they took a lot of flack for that season. But, this is a coach in Kruger who used to coach the Atlanta Hawks and has professional experience and has been coaching a long time and there is no coach in this league who can intimidate him in anyway. When you coach professionals and then you come back to the college ranks, you have a lot of connections and you can coach your players up because you carry a lot of weight. This is a Sooner team that is an elite offense that is top 10 in the nation and just beat TCU by 1 point. This team lost both times to Oklahoma State last year and will be angry coming into this game. The difference here is Oklahoma is also a top 40 defense. This is a team that beat Wichita State by 8 points on the road, beat Northwestern by 24 points and is a top 30 team in turnover margin. You have Oklahoma State who is a solid team, but is outside the top 170 in turnover margin and outside the top 240 in 3 point shooting. If you want to keep it close against Oklahoma, you have to shoot the 3 ball well and State does not do that yet. Plus, this team lost by 17 to Texas A&M a good defensive team earlier this year and Oklahoma is relatively the same in defensive capability but a considerably better offense than Texas A&M. Sooners have revenge, are playing well and this could be a huge win for them today as they will be absolutely going nuts for a huge win.

4-Unit Play. Take Houston Rockets -8 over the Orlando Magic (Wednesday @ 7:05pm est).

We like the Rockets today on the road at Orlando and we are well aware that James Harden is out for roughly 2 weeks. But, the Rockets have a lot of depth and they will have renewed sense of focus today without Harden and note that this team can indeed win without Harden today as they have worked on their depth for some time now. This is the very reason why this team brought Chris Paul into the mix and he showed his value with a huge effort in double-overtime against the Lakers at home. Paul is a true leader and without Harden this team will be fine as they have plenty of depth with the likes of Ariza, Capela, Gordon, Green and Black. And, with the Magic coming into this game having lost 11 of 12, this might be the perfect recipe for the Rockets to get it going today without Harden. Look for Houston to play very hard from start to finish today and get it done over Orlando on the first game of their road trip.

3-Unit Play. #702. Take Washington Wizards -8.5 over New York Knicks (Wednesday @ 7:05pm est)

The Wizards have been playing much better of late and it is showing in their results. The Wizards meet the Knicks for the first time this season and that itself is enough motivation. You have a Wiz team here that is 12-6 at home, finally somewhat healthy with Wall and Beal leading the way, who just beat a rising Bulls team by 4 points, beat the Rockets by 18, beat the Celtics by 8 points and the Magic by 27 points. This team will want to send a message to New York today and they will absolutely get up to play the Knicks as they likely get it done by a decent margin today.

4-Unit Play. #730. Take Denver Nuggets -11.5 over Phoenix Suns (Wednesday @ 9:05pm est)

You have a Nuggets team that comes off back to back losses and will be angry coming into this game. This is a Nuggets team that has won by wide margins at home and has just played 2 good teams in the Sixers and Timberwolves and lost by a combined 7 points. Prior to that, this team beat the Jazz by 24, the Warriors by 15 on the road and the Blazer by 17. This is a team that can certainly beat a Suns team, who is playing much better now, but a Suns team who comes off a thrilling win over the Hawks late in the game and now will likely have a let down facing an angry Nuggets team.

IWS Member
    Ferringo

2-Unit Play. Take #734 Central Florida (-7.5) over Memphis (7 p.m.)

The Knights should get back point guard B.J. Taylor tonight. Considering he is their best player I'd say that's cause for celebration. When UCF wins, they usually win by a lot and they have a host of blowouts on their resume. They've also covered five straight games and this team is still a bit undervalued. Memphis is pretty much a mess. They got floored at Cincinnati and they can't have much confidence. This team is in a complete rebuild right now and I don't see them winning that often this year.

1-Unit Play. Take #744 Rhode Island (-11.5) over LaSalle (7 p.m.)

If B.J. Johnson isn't going for LaSalle tonight then this team really has no chance. He's one of the best players in the conference. And the Explorers are going up against perhaps the best team in the league. LaSalle actually won here last year so I think that URI will be ready for anything in this one. They've won their last two games by at least 19 points and I can see them doing it again.

6-Unit Play. Take #758 Creighton (-12) over St. John's (8 p.m.)

1-Unit Play. FIRST HALF: Take #758 Creighton (-7) over St. John's (8 p.m.)

Somehow St. John's managed to hang around and scum out a cover over the weekend at Seton Hall. I don't see them doing the same thing here. I think the Red Storm are going to be without Shamorie Ponds and Marcus Lovett again in this game. Those are their two best guards, two best players, and they combine for 35 points per game. The young Storm are not going to go into one of the toughest venues in the Big East without their two biggest guns and get a win. Creighton can go nuts on people in their home gym. They just beat Providence by 19 and the Friars are better than the beat-up Johnnies. (That same Providence team beat St. John's by 22 in the previous game.) I just can't see this game not being a blowout. I though the number should've been around 16.5 and I can see Creighton going off in this one. St. John's is in a letdown spot, this is a bad matchup, and after tangling with Seton Hall in Jersey these NYC kids are going to have zero interest in rolling out to Nebraska to get bombed by the Bluejays.

2-Unit Play. Take #779 Miami (-5.5) over Georgia Tech (9 p.m.)

I am willing to fade Georgia Tech throughout the ACC schedule. I think this team massively overachieved last year and they shouldn't sneak up on people this season. Ben Lammers, their star center, is beat-up, and they lack the experience that was so crucial last season. Miami has been a wrecking ball early in the season. And I think they matchup well with Tech's grind-it-down style.

3-Unit Play. Take #782 Oklahoma (-9) over Oklahoma State (9 p.m.)

This line is high for a reason. Oklahoma is going to be ready to roll in the Bedlam game tonight and I think that they will take it to the Cowboys. Oklahoma State is a team that has been playing above its head this year, in part due to an easy schedule. And this is actually their first real road game of the season. They've played a few neutral site games. But this is the first time that they have rolled into a hostile environment. I don't think it will go well.

3-Unit Play. Take #784 Boise State (-9) over New Mexico (9 p.m.)

New Mexico is a mess. This is a bad, rebuilding team. And the yare in a letdown spot here. The Lobos actually played really well at Nevada over the weekend and came up just three points short. I don't think that they have it in them to wind up and take another shot at a very good Boise State team tonight.

2-Unit Play. Take #750 Wake Forest (-1) over Syracuse (7 p.m.)

1-Unit Play. Take #765 Kentucky (-2.5) over LSU (8:30 p.m.)

2-Unit Play. Take #788 Nevada (-11) over Wyoming (10:30 p.m.)

3-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #734 Central Florida (-2.5) over Memphis (7 p.m.) AND Take #784 Boise State (-4) over New Mexico (9 p.m.)

3-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #758 Creighton (-7) over St. John's (8 p.m.) AND Take #782 Oklahoma (-4) over Oklahoma State (9 p.m.)

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #744 Rhode Island (-6.5) over LaSalle (7 p.m.) AND Take #734 Central Florida (-2.5) over Memphis (7 p.m.)

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #744 Rhode Island (-6.5) over LaSalle (7 p.m.) AND Take #758 Creighton (-7) over St. John's (8 p.m.)

2-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #788 Nevada (-6) over Wyoming (10:30 p.m.) AND Take #784 Boise State (-9) over New Mexico (9 p.m.)

IWS Member
    Dr. Bob - NBA
    Wednesday, January 3

*Houston (-8) over ORLANDO

Rotation #705 – 4:05 pm Pacific

The big news here is that the slumping Rockets, who have lost 4 of their last 5 games and failed to cover the spread in all 5, are now without star James Harden for a few weeks. The absence of Harden will likely get the rest of the team to take this game against lowly Orlando more seriously and the Rockets are certainly a good enough team without Harden to win this game by double-digits. My analysis projects Houston at about 4 points worse than their season rating without Harden and defensive star Luc Mbah a Moute. I think Mbah a Moute’s recent absence was not being factored into the market enough (or at all) while the adjustment for Harden being out is probably being overdone a bit. As long as the Rockets have Chris Paul available they’ll still be a good team without Harden. Paul not only has a higher plus-minus per 48 minutes than Harden does but Paul’s PM per 48 when playing without Harden (+18.4 points per 48) is actually higher than when playing with him (+12.2) while Harden was just +8.6 per 48 playing without Paul. The problem is when Paul has to take a breather, as the Rockets will be below average in those minutes. Overall I think the market now has the Rockets rated correctly while the Magic continue to be overrated and I will continue to bet against them as long as that is the case.

The Magic are now 4-22 straight up and 6-19-1 ATS in their last 26 games and they will continue to struggle as long as Terrance Ross, and more importantly, Nikola Vucevic, are out. The problem with Vucevic not playing is it gives more minutes to Bismak Biyombo, who has been starting with Vucevic out. Biyombo has a plus-minus of -189 points in 644.6 minutes this season, which is -14.1 points per 48 minutes. The Magic are actually even in point differential in the minutes that Vucevic has been on the court this season, which is incredible for such a bad team, so you can see why I rate Orlando much lower with Vucevic out. My player-specific ratings favor Houston by 10 ½ points even without Harden and Mbah a Moute and I’ll take Houston in a 1-Star Best Bet at -8 points or less.

*Detroit (+2 ½) over MIAMI

Rotation #709 – 4:35 pm Pacific

As I pointed out a few days ago in my Detroit over San Antonio analysis, the Pistons are better without Reggie Jackson, which was also the case last season. Part of the reason for that Best Bet over the Spurs was in injury to Stanley Johnson, which is even a bigger plus. Johnson has by far the worst plus-minus on the Pistons at -94 points (next closest is -32 points) and the Pistons have outscored opponents by 7.7 points per 48 minutes when Jackson and Johnson are both sitting on the bench this season. Some of that is due to positive 3-point variance, as opponents have made just 29.8% of their 3-point shots in that circumstance, which is randomly low. However, after adjusting for that variance I still rate the Pistons as 4 points better than an average team without Jackson and Johnson. Miami is better with Hassan Whiteside back in the lineup but the Heat are still a bit below average and my player-specific ratings favor the Pistons by 1 ½ points in this game over a mediocre Heat team that doesn’t play well at home (4-11-2 ATS). I’ll take Detroit in a 1-Star Best Bet at +2 points or more and for 2-Stars at +3 or more.

**CHICAGO (+5) over Toronto

Rotation #714 – 5:05 pm Pacific

I’ve lost count on how many times in a row I’ve bet on Chicago but the Bulls are now 10-4 straight up and 12-2 ATS since Nikola Mirotic added value with his good play and pushed the horrendously bad Cristiano Felicio to the end of the bench (he has a -165 plus-minus in just 321.7 minutes). There is some variance in Chicago’s good run since Mirotic joined the lineup, as I don’t expect Chicago to allow just 32.9% from 3-point range going forward or to continue to make 36.9% of their 3-point shots (35.2% expected with current rotation), but Chicago is a better than average team with their current rotation even after adjusting for that variance – which I’ve know for a few weeks now and taken advantage of.

Chicago did just lose to Portland by 4 points but it’s been almost 6 weeks since the Bulls have lost to the spread in consecutive games and my ratings favor Toronto by just 2 points in this game. That close loss to Portland was the first home loss the Bulls have suffered with Mirotic playing and they have straight up wins as underdogs against New York, Boston, Utah and Philadelphia on this floor. I’ll take Chicago in a 2-Star Best Bet at +5 points or more.

*DENVER (-11 ½) over Phoenix

Rotation #720 – 6:05 pm Pacific

Denver’s spread win streak was snapped on Saturday with a 5 point loss to Philadelphia but that loss was a function of negative 3-point variance, as the Nuggets made just 7 of 32 long range shots (21.9%) while Philly made one more 3-pointer on 8 fewer 3-point shots. Denver is still an underrated team as long as Emmanuel Mudiay is not in the rotation and I’m back the Nuggets again today, as my ratings favor Denver by 14 ½ points in this game. I’ll take Denver in a 1-Star Best Bet at -12 points or less.

IWS Member
    Doc Sports

4 Unit Play. Take #746 Duquesne -1 over George Washington (7p.m., Wednesday January 3)

I do not expect either one of these teams to make much noise in the Atlantic 10 this season. That being said I am a fan of Keith Dambrot, as he had great success at Akron and should make Dukes much more competitive in the Atlantic-10. The Colonials have not played a true road game since December 9th and they will struggle to win many games on the road. George Washington is 3-10 ATS (1 push) in their last 14 road games following 3 or more consecutive home games. The favorite is 9-2 ATS in the last 11 meetings between these two teams.

6 Unit Play. Take #784 Take Boise State -9 over New Mexico (9p.m., Wednesday January 3)

The Lobos have gotten up for a couple of games this season against TCU and Nevada but they cannot consistently stay with good teams on the road. They caught Nevada at just the right time as most of the Pack has the flu last Saturday. Boise State has the most impressive win in the MWC thus far winning at UNLV over the weekend. They have won 8 of their last 9 games. The Lobos have gotten blown out by UTEP, Colorado, Maryland, and New Mexico State. Boise State is better than all of those teams. New Mexico is 2-7 ATS in their last 9 road games. Boise State is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 home games.

4 Unit Play. Take #786 Take Over 141.5 in Cal Riverside @ Cal Fullerton (10p.m., Wednesday January 3)

When these two teams met expect a lot of points to be scored. The over has collected in 9 of the last 11 meetings between Cal Riverside and Cal Fullerton. The Highlanders have gone over the posted total in 4 of their last 5 conference games.
    Best of Luck - Doc's Sports