Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Brandon Lang
    20 DIME
    COLLEGE BASKETBALL
    BANKROLL BUILDER
    Oakland -2

Ferringo Hoops:

1-Unit Play. Take #826 Detroit (+5) over Wright State (9 p.m., Friday, Jan. 5)

This number seems short and it could be a bit of an indicator. Detroit has lost nine straight games. But they've played better than that and this team has to be desperate for a win. Wright State has won 10 games, but they haven't played anyone. And outside of a win at Georgia Tech they have been pretty weak on the road. Wright State doesn't score a ton so it could be hard for them to pull away from a team that can put the ball in the hole as well as the Titans. The home team needs this one badly so I will take the points.

1-Unit Play. Take #827 Wisconsin (-2.5) over Rutgers (7 p.m., Friday, Jan. 5)

Wisconsin is not a good basketball team. But they are being judged on a different scale than Rutgers, a program that can barely walk and chew gum at the same time. Wisconsin has a lot more losses than we are used to seeing at this point in the year. But look who they have lost to; they don't have a loss to a bad team on their resume. This team has powered through some injuries to win five straight games and this is a system team that just continues to grind out W's.

2-Unit Play. Take #834 Oakland (-1.5) over Northern Kentucky (9 p.m., Friday, Jan. 5)

I'll bank on talent here. Oakland might not be the best team in the Horizon this year, but they are the most talented. Kendrick Nunn is a guy that would probably be a first team all-Big Ten guard if he still played in his old league. Instead he should dominate the Horizon. Oakland is coming off a loss to UW-Green Bay, but that's only because Green Bay shot out of its mind from deep. Oakland should be better on its home court in this one and I think that they will be very motivated against a really good NKU team. The Norse haven't beaten anyone as good as Oakland this year and they aren't the same team on the road. I will back the talented, motivated home team.

2-Unit Play. Take #837 Charleston (-6) over Drexel (7 p.m., Friday, Jan. 5)

I think the Cougars are going to hammer the Dragons in this spot. Charleston is, for my money, the best team in the CAA and as such I see them being able to grind out some road wins. They are actually 3-1 straight up on the road this season, with the lone loss coming at Wichita State. The Cougars haven't been much of a moneymaker at the window over the last two seasons, but they are on a solid 3-0 ATS turn. And now that this team is healthy, particularly in the post, they should really be ready to take off. Drexel has been a mess. They have lost four of their last five games. And even though they have been a much stronger team at home this season these guys still have a long way to go. The Dragons have been banged up and I don't think they will be able to hold off Charleston in this spot.

1-Unit Play. Take #842 Penn State (-6) over Northwestern (8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 5)

The Nittany Lions faded late in a loss at Maryland earlier this week. But I think they are going to rebound at home. Northwestern could be without Bryant McIntosh for this one, as the four-year starting point guard hurt his knee. He may play, but he likely won't be 100 percent. The Wildcats haven't been that good this year. They aren't good on the road and they don't have the size in the post to handle Lions big man Mike Watkins. Penn State lost badly to the Wildcats last year and I think the home team will want some revenge.

1-Unit Play. Take #849 St. Peter's (+6.5) over Iona (7 p.m., Friday, Jan. 5)

This Iona team is not nearly as strong as the ones that we've seen over the last three years. They've lost a load of talent and they do not have the high-end transfers that we're used to seeing in New Rochelle. The Gaels have lost three of their last five and they haven't beaten a team in the Top 150 yet this year. This team has also been fairly unimpressive in its lone two home games. St. Peter's plays a grinding style and they are going to want to slow this game down. I think they will be able to do just that.

1-Unit Play. Take #851 Niagara (+1.5) over Siena (7 p.m., Friday, Jan. 5)

I just don't think that Siena is any good. Nico Clareth can play. But beyond that there just isn't anything here to get behind. They have one of the youngest rosters in college basketball and these kids aren't ready for a full bore conference schedule. Niagara, on the other hand, has a lot of experience. They have five starters back from last year and added a transfer in the post. The Purple Eagles are coming off back-t-back league losses, but I don't think that they will drop three in a row and I think that they are going to be extremely motivated.

2-Unit Play. Take #853 Canisius (-3.5) over Quinnipiac (8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 5)

I'm not buying into Quinnipiac at all. They've played a lot of close games; five of their last six games were decided by two points or less. But they haven't played well, showing just 41.9 percent as a team and allowing teams to shoot 47 percent. They aren't good at home. And after back-to-back wins I don't see them winning three in a row. Canisius has won four straight and played tough against some very good teams lately. They have an excellent crop of wings and I don't see the Bobcats being able to defend well enough for the full 40 minutes.

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #842 Penn State (-1) over Northwestern (8 p.m.) AND Take #837 Charleston (-1) over Drexel (7 p.m.)

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #848 Rider (-1) over Fairfield (7 p.m.) AND Take #851 Niagara (+6.5) over Siena (7 p.m.)

Carpe diem. Good luck.

Alan Boston hoops
    Rutgers

Indian Cowboy

7-Unit Play. #849. Take Saint Peters +6.5 over Iona (Friday @ 7pm est)

Let's make it 9 in a row. Thanks to our clients as we love working hard for you, save money and join us for the Entire Season which is now reduced to $549. We roll with Saint Peters here in what should be a good opportunity for this team to step up. Saint Peters is a top 140 defense and they should be able to do here as they have consistently lost to Iona the last few years and they get to take out their frustration with a decent team this year. Note, that Saint Peters just beat a good Montmouth team at home by 13 points, played Northwestern tough on the road this year who is a top 70 team and lost to them by just 9 points and even played a very good Seton Hall team on the road and managed to score 61 points on them. This offense is getting better, has revenge and plays a Iona team who is outside the top 200 in overall defense. Look for what could be a high scoring game, but Saint Peters has the motivation which is key here and they are well coached by John Dunne who had 23 wins last year and they will be up for this game.

4-Unit NBA Play on Miami Heat -5 over New York Knicks (Friday @ 8:05pm est)

Per this selection you have a Miami team that was routed by basically 30 points to the Knicks the last time they played them and will come into this game a bit angry. You have a Miami team that lost 86-115 on the road and given how much Pat Riley himself is connected with the Knicks Organization in his life, he will want some revenge here. Plus, you have a Heat team that played decent against Detroit and Orlando for the wins, beat Dallas, Boston and the LA Clippers which is impressive and that sets up for well for them to get out some frustration and anger out on this Knicks team - who does come off a loss but it should still see a motivated Heat team do well today.

Doc's

8 Unit Play. Take #827 Wisconsin -2.5 over Rutgers (7p.m., ESPN 2) BIG 10 GAME OF THE YEAR.
    Just do not trust Rutgers at all. This has been a bottom feeder program for much of their existence and anytime you get this low of a number you need to press. After beating Seton Hall, Rutgers has lost three games in a row and they have yet to win a Big 10 game this season. Wisconsin still has Ethan Happ and he alone is better than anything Rutgers will put on the floor. The Badgers have won 5 straight games and that has given them confidence that they will take into this game. Just seeing the ball go into the basket can help young players. I still do not believe that this is an NCAA Tournament team, but they still have a system and that usually is good enough to beat inferior teams. Rutgers has played Wisconsin tough in the past and that means Coach Gard (3-0 against them) will not take them lightly. Rutgers is 17-38 ATS in their last 55 Big 10 games.
    Best of Luck - Doc's Sports

JR ODONNELL

3* Denver / Memphis over 209

3* Oregon st +2.5

SPS NBA

2-Unit Play. Take #809 Chicago (+4.5) over Dallas (8:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 5)

The Bulls have been playing considerably better since Nikola Mirotic came back from his injury. Yes, they are struggling defensively over their last three games, but and that play will continue tonight in Dallas. We love getting the better team plus the points in this one, even though we don't think they are necessary here. Chicago is 7-1 ATS in their last eight road games while the Mavs are 1-11 ATS in their last 12 games versus a team with a winning percentage of .400 or less. Grab the points in this one as the underdog is 6-1 ATS in the last seven meetings between the two teams and Chicago is 7-2 ATS In the last nine meetings in Dallas.

Best of Luck - Strike Point Sports

Hackman

Manhattan 185
    Elon 185

Jason Sharpe
    Spurs over 210.5

VSI NBA

NBA BASKETBALL

6 Unit Play. Take #723 Over 212.5 Chicago at Dallas (8:35p.m., Friday January 5)
    Tonight at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas we should see a high scoring game and why not the Chicago Bulls have been scoring machines as of late. The Bulls last 4 games their offense has been averaging 116 but the sad part the Bulls defense is giving up an average of 117.2ppg. The Dallas Mavericks have been cashing over tickets and their last 3 games all 3 of them have gone over. The Mavericks scored over 120 points in 2 out of their last 3 games and tonight both offenses will explode. The Bulls are 5-0 O/U following a SU loss and the Bulls are 6-1 O/U when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their last game. The Mavs are 6-2 O/U in their last 8 games and the Mavs are 4-1 O/U after scoring 100 points in their last game

SPS CBB

Friday's College Basketball Plays

3-Unit Play. #828 Take Rutgers (+2.5) over Wisconsin (7 p.m., Friday, January 5)

The Badgers may have reeled off five straight wins to get above .500 for the season, but that still doesn't remove how inconsistent this Wisconsin team has been. On the road they remain unproven and simply not very good. I'll take Rutgers at home to get their first Big Ten win of the season, a place where the Scarlet Knights have all their victories.

3-Unit Play. #839 Take William Mary (+1.5) over Delaware (7 p.m., Friday, January 5)

We cashed the Tribe on Wednesday with a 7U Top Play as a small road underdog, and this spot looks pretty similar. We mentioned it then too, William Mary are one of the most efficient scoring teams in the country. They shoot 51.7 percent from the floor, 46.2 percent from three and 80.2 percent from the free-throw line. That's hard to compete against, and Delaware won't do so either tonight. Another league road win for the Tribe.

3-Unit Play. #834 Take Oakland (-2) over Northern Kentucky (9 p.m., Friday, January 5)

This is a match-up of the Horizon League's expected top two teams, but the Grizzlies are still the clear favorite to take the conference crown. Oakland have one of the best three-headed monsters in the entire country in Kendrick Nunn, Jalen Hayes and Martez Walker. Nunn is one of the top scorers in the country, and the trio combine to average more than 64 points per game. Northern Kentucky has lost all four road games this season, and this isn't the place to expect a win. Oakland is 6-0 at home and has won their games by an average of 15 points per game. Oakland prepared itself for conference play with games at Syracuse, Kansas and a neutral site game against Michigan State. Both these teams had very similar rosters last year, and it was Oakland who won both games by a combined 20 points. Again they prove to be the better team. Their star power has increased with their top players, and at home they are a tough out. The Grizzlies state their intentions to another Horizon contender with a strong win here. Oakland by 12.

Best of Luck - Strike Point Sports

PHILLYGODFATHER

824 Northeastern -5

Roz Juarbe Horizon League Game Of The Year

Wright State -4

Vernon Croy

8-Unit Play. Take #055-056 San Jose/Ottawa GAME TOTAL OVER 5.5 +105 (Friday, January 5th at 7:30 PM ET)

Take San Jose/Ottawa GAME TOTAL OVER 5.5 as my 8-Unit NHL Game of the Year for Friday night. This pick falls into one of my top NHL systems and I have this game hitting 8 goals tonight so we are getting great value with plus money on the OVER. The O/U is 4-0 for the Sharks in their last 4 trips to Ottawa and the O/U is 7-1 in the last 8 games played between these two teams. The Senators also face a tired Sharks team who just lost in OT in Toronto last night and are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights so you can expect very little defensive pressure from the Sharks tonight. The O/U is 4-1 for the Senators in their last 5 games when playing a team with a winning record and the O/U is 7-2-1 for the Sharks in their last 10 games when playing with no rest. Ottawa has allowed 3.8 gpg at home this season and 3.4 gpg overall. The Sharks have allowed 4.4 gpg in their last 5 losses overall and although Ottawa is not the play here I do have them winning this game tonight against a tire Sharks team. The last time these two teams met the Sharks won 5-0 at home and the previous time the Sharks won 4-3 in Ottawa. There has been an average of 6 total goals per game in the last 3 games played between these two teams and Ottawa surely remembers the 5-0 rout in their last game so look for them to try to get out to an early lead here tonight in what should be a real barn burner. The Sharks are definitely the better team here however it is their 3rd game in 4 nights, so they will not have the legs to play as strong defensively as they normally would, and the Senators allow a lot of goals at home this season. The Sens will also get going offensively in this home game on a Friday night where the O/U is 6-0 for them this season. Play the OVER as we move to 28-12 the last 53 days overall with my NHL plays

Maximospicks
    Top Play
    NBA Boston Over 210.5

Best Bet
    NCAAB Fairfield +6
    NHL Islanders -115

Ptlocksmith

Canisius
    Heat
    Lakers (game of month)