Hackman

NCAAf Championship

Georgia+ 4
    Georgia +165

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Goodfella

CFB NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GOM

3* Alabama -3
    Last edited by Can'tPickAWinner; 01-07-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Sky Blue

Georgia

Stephen Nover's Bowl Parlay of the Year

Alabama -4 (-108)

I want Alabama going for me here. The Tide beat Clemson in impressive style while Georgia had to launch a monster comeback to defeat Oklahoma in double overtime. The Tide had the less taxing bowl playoff game and a shorter distance to travel back home from New Orleans. The Bulldogs, on the other hand, are coming off a very dificult game in which they came back from a 31-17 halftime deficit and had to return all the way back from the West Coast having defeated the Sooners in southern California. Alabama and Georgia shared common opponents Auburn, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt and Tennessee. Combining those games, the Tide came out with a plus 279 yardage mark against those four common foes to Georgia's plus 115. The Tide also recorded the better offensive and defensive yards per play statistics. Note, too, that Georgia coach Kirby Smart was Nick Saban's defensive coordinator before becoming the Bulldogs' head coach last season. Former Saban assistant coaches have squared off against their mentor 11 times - and are 0-11. Each of Alabama's victories against these coaches was by 14 or more points.

Under 45.5 (-115)

Alabama is the best defensive team in the country. The Crimson Tide went into their playoff bowl game against Clemson ranked No. 1 in scoring defense, total defense and run defense. They then proceeded to hold the Tigers to six points. Clemson entered that game averaging 33.3 points a game. Alabama has held nine of its 13 opponents to 10 or fewer points. Georgia finished the regular season ranked fifth in scoring defense and sixth in total yards. The Bulldogs gave up 14 points or fewer to 10 of their 13 regular season opponents. But a wild 54-48 double overtime game against Oklahoma last week may have influenced the oddsmaker to open this total too high. The Bulldogs are stepping way up in defensive class taking on Alabama instead of Oklahoma. Georgia coach Kirby Smart was Nick Saban's defensive coordinator before taking over as the Bulldogs coach. He knows the Tide and should have a solid defensive game plan in place.

Raphael Esparza (VSI)

4 Unit Play. Take #245 Under 45.5 Alabama vs Georgia (8:10p.m., Monday January 8 ESPN)

The College Football Championship game is being played in Atlanta, Georgia at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium and these two SEC teams will most likely produce a low scoring game. Both teams will want to establish the run early and if the Alabama Crimson Tide defense plays like they did against Clemson this will be a low scoring game. The Tide last 3 games all of them went UNDER the total and their defense gave up only 32 points in those 3 games. The Georgia Bulldogs defense will be looking for redemption as the Oklahoma Sooners scored 48 points but they did have to against Baker Mayfield. With the Bama defense playing almost a perfect game against Clemson and the both teams wanting to run the ball early I see this game staying under 45.5. The Crimson Tide last 5 games against a team with a winning record 4 of them have gone UNDER and the Georgia Bulldogs 8-18 O/U following a SU win.

IWS Member
    Scott Spreitzer

I'm laying the points with Alabama on Monday night.

We had the Tide (our top bowl play) in the win over Clemson. The Alabama defense dominated and QB Jalen Hurts didn't make any costly mistakes. We like the defense to take care of business again in the championship game. Georgia fought back from a 17 point deficit and upended Oklahoma, but the Sooners shot themselves in the foot repeatedly after building the lead. Both Georgia and Alabama picked up a few injuries in the wins, but we feel Bama is in better shape against a one-sided Georgia offense. The Bulldogs are 110th in the nation in yards passing per game and if the Tide load-up to slow down the ground game, the onus of the offense falls on Jake Fromm's shoulders and that's a definite advantage for Alabama. Under Nick Saban, the Tide have played 45 games after holding an opponent to less than 3.25 yards per play in a game. They outscored those 45 teams by an average of 32-17. They've played 32 games against teams that hold opponents to 17 or fewer ppg, outscoring those teams by an average of 29-14. Alabama is a combined 51-26 ATS in those 77 games.

IWS Member

From Huddle Up Sports.
    Championship Lock: Alabama -3'

High Roller Total: Georgia/Alabama under 45'

Best Bets:

Chicago +5
    LA Clippers -4
    Milwaukee +1'

MVP Lock Club
    NCAAF 8:45 pm Alabama at Georgia
    Alabama -3 for 1 units
    MVP LOCK OF THE DAY NCAAF: ALABAMA -3 BUY THE 1/2 POINT DOWN TO -3

VIP SPORTS (Steve Stevens)

Alabama -3.5

E.K. Sports Associates (Bowls 8-14) 36%

Monday, January 8th-NCAA Championship Game

8:10pm 3 units-Georgia (+4)

Las Vegas Pipeline has 100* going tonight
    anyone have it

Sleepyj

3* Georgia +4.5

Analysis:
    I was hoping this line would be +4.5 after Alabama pretty much shut out Clemson....I watched both games and I saw pretty much every play....Here is what I saw.

I saw Georgia fight back after being down by a good amount...They did that with both sides of the ball. I saw a Georgia offense that looks like it has more weapons than Clemson brought to the table. I also saw the Georgia defense have to play the best offense in the nation and they looked a bit leaky...Alabama on offense didn't look all that great from what I watched....Clemson gave the ball away in critical spots and that Clemson game for the most part was very close until the pick 6 and other turnover occurred.

Alabama also had a key injury to a LB, not sure if he will play this week, but if he's OUT, that can only help us out here.

Clemson offensive gameplan was terrible..They tried to run on first and 2nd and it led them to 3rd and long...I said that in my last writeup..You can't do that against Bama and Georgia will know that.

I also noticed that Georgia has much more talent in the backfield then Clemson has...I think the Bulldogs will be able to use the pass game to loosen up Bama up front and they'll be able to run the ball rather well.

The Clemson rushing attack was garbage for the most part....But the big reason was the offensive line for the Tigers was just flat out beat all game..That hurt them a ton, but Alabama won't beat Georgia up like they did Clemson in the trenches.

Georgia has the more impressive resume and Bama has been suspect a few times this year...This is a big rivalry game and these coaches know each other rather well...Kirby Smart knows everything aŸbout the Alabama defense and this game will be played in Georgia.

Bulldogs could win this game without a doubt...I think it's close and the tide will be turned here on Alabama...Give me the +4.5 right now because this line is going way down !!

JR ODONNELL

3* Georgia +4

Bookieshunter

3* Alabama

NHLTeacher

Toronto Maple Leafs - Columbus Blue Jackets : Over 5.5

Ultra Sports CFB

Alabama