Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Plays Wednesday 1/10/18

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Stephen Nover

3* Charlotte -6

Analysis:
    Charlotte is poised to make a move. The Hornets are coming off a 3-1 West Coast trip highlighted by a victory against the Warriors. Charlotte is feeling confident and rested having last played on Friday.

The Hornets are just 15-23, but they also have played the toughest schedule in the NBA in terms of opponent's winning percentage.

Charlotte's schedule lightens up starting here. Dallas is playing for the fifth time in eight days and without rest. The Mavericks just defeated the Magic, 114-99, at home last night.

Dallas has beaten some good teams - Spurs, Wizards, Raptors, Bucks and Thunder - but is 9-20 the past 29 times when facing opponents with a losing record, including 4-11 during the last 15 instances.

The Hornets average 105 points a game. Dallas is 3-20 when giving up triple-digits. The Mavericks are vulnerable to Dwight Howard being one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. Howard ranks fourth in the league in rebounding.

1* Arkansas - 9

Analysis:
    Arkansas is in stop-the-pain mode following road losses to Mississippi State and Auburn.

But now the Razorbacks return home where they have won the past 11 times dating back to last season, covering five of their last six at Bud Walton Arena. They catch LSU in a letdown spot.

The Tigers are coming off their biggest win of the season, a 69-68 road upset of then No. 11 ranked Texas A&M. LSU achieved this victory by coming back from a five-point deficit with 12.4 seconds left.

LSU immediately lost following big wins against Michigan in the Maui Invitational, Houston at home and Memphis on the road. This is a pattern with the Tigers, who are 6-15-1 ATS following a victory.

The Razorbacks lead the SEC in scoring and field goal percentage. They hold a tremendous home-court advantage.

2* Uconn

Analysis:
    There are a lot of ebbs and flows to the college basketball season. Connecticut was going through a low period. But I see a~ buy sign now on the Huskies following their 70-65 win against East Carolina especially being home. The Huskies have won the last seven times against Central Florida.

Central Florida plays great defense, but their offense is woeful especially from beyond the arc. So the Huskies can pack in their defense and get away with it.

SPARTAN

3* Charlotte 6.5

Analysis:
    Just a lousy scheduling spot for the Mavericks and the kind I am going to jump on. Dallas played Tuesday night at home and now travel east to play a very well rested Hornets team that I think we pull away down the stretch a win this thing by double digits at home. The Hornets concluded their west coast swing winning three of four. The Hornets have been off since their last game on Friday when they knocked off the Lakers. I've had some solid success this season picking my spots with Dallas but this is not one of them. Nothing about this game carries any allure for putting good money on this team in this spot. Third game in four nights is just one of those spots you often see teams in the league just pack it in if it's not going their way and I do not expect it to here. This could be a blowout frankly. I like the Hornets here for a big triple play and I would expect an easy double digit victory for us here. The number could easily go up and Dallas might become a trendy pick for some, not in this corner

FEZZIK

3* Charlotte-6.5

CPAW, any Phillygodfather bro?

TIA and Happy New Year to all

Picks 2 Play

CBB: Valparaiso -5

King creole—

houst rockets ov 214

Millerlocks

7:00 PM EST NCAAB

GEORGE WASHINGTON VS. DAVIDSON

PICK: OVER 137.5 (-110)

RISK: 11 UNITS

7:00 PM EST NCAAB
    CENTRAL FLORIDA VS. CONNECTICUT

PICK: CONNECTICUT (-117)

8:08 PM EST NBA
    PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS VS. HOUSTON ROCKETS

PICK: OVER 214 (-110)

9:00 PM EST NCAAB
    TEMPLE VS. SMU

PICK: SMU -10.5 (-110)

TCU VS. TEXAS

PICK: OVER 142.5 (-110)

GEORGIA VS. MISSOURI

PICK: GEORGIA +5.5 (-110)

GEORGIA VS. MISSOURI (1ST HALF)

PICK: OVER 64.5 (-105)

10:38 PM EST NBA
    LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS VS. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

PICK: OVER 226 (-110)

Dr. Bob
    Wednesday, January 10

*Dallas (+7 ½) over CHARLOTTE

Rotation #705 – 4:05 pm Pacific

I have Dallas pegged as an underrated team and I really like the Mavericks as an underdog, as they are 12-1-1 ATS in their last 14 games getting points. Tonight, I favor Charlotte by just 4 ½ points even with the rest advantage that the Hornets have, and I’ll take Dallas in a 1-Star Best Bet at +7 points or more.

*DENVER (-9) over Atlanta

Rotation #720 – 6:05 pm Pacific

It’s no secret that I think the Nuggets are an underrated team with their current rotation, which excludes the horrendous Emmanuel Mudiay and his -135 plus-minus number. The Nuggets have outscored their opponents by 197 points this season (+7.2 points per 48 minutes) when Mudiay has not been on the floor and I rate Denver at 5 ½ points better than an average team with their current rotation. Atlanta is still hopeless offensively and I expect Denver to be focused defensively after consecutive losses in their trip to the Bay Area. Denver is 9-3-2 ATS in their last 14 games and I still see enough value to play them tonight. I’ll take Denver in a 1-Star Best Bet at -9 points or less.

Opinion – VILLANOVA (-9 ½) over Xavier

Rotation #764 – 5 pm Pacific

As I’ve mentioned before, Villanova is tough to beat when coach Jay Wright has 2 or more days off to prepare his team and the Wildcats are 94-51-4 ATS in all such games since the 2012-13 season, including 62-23-2 ATS as a favorite of less than 16 points. Xavier, meanwhile, isn’t as good on the road as they are at home, relatively, and the Musketeers are just 1-8 straight up and 1-8 ATS under coach Chris Mack when facing Villanova. I’ll lean with Villanova at -10 points or less based on their tendency to perform above expectations after a 2 or more days off between games.

Worlds Worst Picker CBB
    Peabody's picks
    Kansas st
    Xavier
    LSU

SportsPicksDaily Sports

NBA
    Top Play - Over Nuggets/Hawks
    Thunder
    Bucks

HCPicks

CBB
    LaSalle
    UConn
    Texas

NBA
    Under Charlotte/Dallas
    Under Milwaukee/Orlando

Vegas Killers

/2018

Game: Hawks/Nuggets

Pick: Over 216 (-110)

Recommended

Unit Play (Risk)

2.2 Units

FEZZIK

3* Charlotte -6.5

CleInsidersports

NBA
    Bulls +5

NCAAB
    George Mason +5
    Colorado State +8

DMZ locks

Ncaab
    4u Duke -20
    3u Michigan st over 134.5
    3u Florida -9
    3u UCF under 124.5
    3u Evansville under 125.5
    3u Florida st -6
    4u UNLV -9

Tommy Brunson

60 Dime

College Hoops

Winner # 3 of 4

Underdog Shocker of the Month

georiga +6

VSI NBA

NBA BASKETBALL

4 Unit Play. Take #710 New York Knicks -4 over Chicago (7:35p.m., Wednesday January 10)
    The Chicago Bulls were once one of the hottest teams in the league (covering the spread) but then 2018 came and the Bulls are 1-4 straight up and against the spread. The Knicks are coming off a big rod win 3-nights ago beating the Mavs 100-96 and the Knicks have won 5 out of their last 7 home games. The Bulls could be without Mirotic again and even with Mirotic playing I still see the Knicks winning this game and the Bulls continue to struggle in 2018. The Knicks are 13-5 ATS in their last 18 home games and the home team in this series is also 4-0 ATS.

SPS NBA

5-Unit Play. Take #710 New York (-4.5) over Chicago (7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 10)

The Knicks are a completely different team on their home floor. The struggles that they have had as of late won't be evident in front of their home fans. New York has been playing teams tough, but they just don't seem to have the same moxy when they are in the road blues. The Knicks are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 home games against teams with road records of less than .400. We do like how the Bulls are playing as a team, but they just aren't getting the job done at the final buzzer. Chicago is just 1-4 ATS in their last five games overall, and their ATS struggles will continue this evening.

Best of Luck - Strike Point Sports

Ultra Sports

NBA:
    okc thunder over 212

Alan Boston hoops
    Uconn
    N Iowa
    Evansville
    Texas
    Chattanooga