Chris Jordan

Today:

My 500♦ Winner for today is on the MIAMI-FLA. HURRICANES in their ACC clash against the Boston College Eagles. As I release this play at 5:30 am pacific, the number I see on this game Miami -3.

Today's Analysis

No. 25 Miami hits the road for a crucial game against Boston College, as the Hurricanes have to do everything possible not to look past the Eagles.

Miami is 18-5 on the year, and 7-4 in conference play. It would love nothing more than to make a run in the ACC, but it has to win games like this and not become complacent. Today would be an ideal day to think letdown, as the Eagles are 12-2 at home. But the Canes are 6-3 in true road games this season, and 3-1 on a neutral court. That's 9-4 away from Coral Gables. Confidence breeds.

While Boston College can score some points, especially at home, Miami has has the hot hand of late, scoring 82.4 points per game in its last five. That couples nicely for us, with Boston College's 82.2 points it's given up in its last five contests.

Miami comes in having three in a row and five of six, including a road win at Virginia Tech last Saturday. Five Canes scored in double figures during Wednesday's 87-81 win over Wake Forest, led by freshman Lonnie Walker IV, who scored 19 points and is averaging 18.0 points per game in his last eight. Coming off a double-double against Wake Forest, Dewan Huell leads the Hurricanes in scoring at 12.8 points per game.

The Eagles, meanwhile, have lost four of five, including a home loss to Virginia Tech. They fell 96-85 at Notre Dame on Tuesday evening.

Miami has won the last 12 meetings, including five straight in Chestnut Hill, and I like my chances with the better program tonight.