Larry Ness

Feb 19 '18, 8:35 PM in 3h
NHL | Kings vs Blackhawks
Play on: Kings -102 at pinnacle

My 1* Free Play is on the LA Kings (8:35 EST).
LA broke a three-game slide with a 4-2 win over Buffalo on Saturday, while Chicago snapped an eight-game skid with a 7-1 win over Washington at home on Saturday.
If recent history is any precedence though then the Kings have to be loving their chances tonight as they’ve already taken the one other lone meeting between the clubs, 3-1 on December 3rd.
LA averages 2.8 GPG and it concedes 2.5. Overall the Kings have been dominant on the penalty kill this season, ranked third overall in staving off 83.4 percent of opposing chances. John Quick made 33 saves in the most recent victory over the Sabres.
Chicago averages and concedes 2.9 GPG. The Blackhawks looked pretty good against the Capitals, but I’ll obviously caution in reading too much into one decent performance as it was Chicago’s first win in over a month.
Additionally I’ll point out that the Kings are 4-1 in their last five against teams with losing records, while the Blackhawks are just 1-9 in their last ten when playing on one days rest.
LA is still in the thick of a playoff berth, while Chicago’s inconsistent season can’t come to an end soon enough for Blackhawks’ fans.
I give LA the nod in net and that’s going to be more than enough to tip the scales in its favor in my opinion. Consider a second look at the visitors in this matchup.
Good luck…Larry