Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Vegas Investment Picks

NCAA Basketball MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS +6.5

Wise Guy Insider

NCAA Basketball ILLINOIS‑CHICAGO FLAMES ‑10

Tommy Brunson

Monday comp play is the Under in the Big Ten meeting between Maryland and Northwestern.

The Wildcats are fresh off their amazing weekend home implosion against Michigan State, as Northwestern somehow blew a 49-27 halftime lead in a 65-60 loss that saw them net just 11-points in that ugly 20 minutes of play in the second half!

That game landed Under the total, as have 5 of the last 6 that the 'Cats have played. Overall, Northwestern is on a 9-2 Under run their last 11 games contested.

Maryland is also on an Under run to speak of, as each of their last 3, and 9 of their last 10 overall have also played below the total.

Included for both schools in those stretches is a February 10th meeting at Maryland that held Under, as 3 of the past 5 series meetings between the rivals have now landed Low.

Go Low again tonight in Evanston.

4* MARYLAND-NORTHWESTERN UNDER

Jack Brayman

My free pick is on the Wisconsin Badgers, laying about a touchdown to Minnesota.

Wisconsin has won two of its last three games after snapping a five-game winless streak, including last Thursday's home win over Purdue, 57-53. The well-rested Badgers are playing their third straight home game, and finish the regular season with four out of their last five in Madison.

I look toward Ethan Happ, who leads the Badgers in four of five major stat categories, including 18.3 points per game, which ranks third in the conference. Along with Brad Davison, who chips in 11.5 ppg., I don't see the Gophers overcoming the Badgers.

This is an important game, as Wisconsin needs to win the games it is 'supposed' to win from here on out, if it wants to secure a decent seed in the Big Ten tournament.

4* WISCONSIN

Chris Jordan

Since I love only one basketball game tonight, my free winner is on the ice.

And I love the Washington Capitals to get it done over the Buffalo Sabres. With the line touching -150 at some places, albeit I'm releasing it at -145, I want you wary of the price you're paying. If this game is too rich for you, play the puck line. I think the Caps could win big. But I don't mind laying -145, either.

In the standings, the Arizona Coyotes are the worst team in hockey. But in my eyes, what I've seen, there may not be a worse team than the Buffalo Sabres.

And now they host the defending President's Cup Trophy winners, a Capitals team that may not catch Tampa Bay or Vegas for this year's Prez Cup, but is still equally dangerous.

Washington will be out to avenge a loss to the struggling Chicago Blackhawks, and for revenge after losing the first game against Buffalo, 3-1 at KeyBank Arena on Nov. 7.

The Capitals are on a 7-3-0 run against Buffalo, so confidence should run high for the road team.

I think we're going to see Washington strike quick, and often. The Caps have recorded 53 goals in the first period, tied for the eighth-most in the NHL through games played Feb. 17. And make note, Washington is 19-0-1 when leading after one period and 19-3-3 when scoring the first goal of the game.

Caps come out swinging, and take down the lowly Sabres.

3* CAPITALS

Jimmy Boyd

Feb 19 '18, 7:00 PM in 1h
    NCAA-B | Miami-FL vs Notre Dame
    Play on: Notre Dame -4½ -109 at pinnacle

Free Pick on Notre Dame -
    I like the value here with the Fighting Irish laying a short-number at home against the Hurricanes. Notre Dame just went on the road and annihilated BC 84-67. The Irish shot 63.3% from the field and have now shot 49% or better from the field in 3 of their last 4 games (only exception at red-hot UNC). They are 3-1 in this stretch and I simply trust them a lot more at home than I do Miami on the road right now.
    The Hurricanes have dropped 3 straight with the most recent being an upset loss at home to Syracuse as a 5-point favorite. This is a very young Miami team that is really missing the leadership and play-making ability of Bruce Brown. He's missed the last 6 games and while the Hurricanes won their first 3 without him, two of those were at home against bottom feeders Pitt and Wake Forest. While Notre Dame comes in shooting lights out, Miami has shot under 44% in all 3 losses during the skid.
    Miami is just 1-8 ATS in their last 9 when playing for the 3rd time in an 8-day span, while Notre Dame is 10-1 ATS when playing only their 2nd game in the same time frame. The Hurricanes are also a mere 1-5 ATS in their last 6 vs a team with a winning record, while the Irish are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games vs a team with a winning home record. Take Notre Dame!

Teddy Davis

NCAA-B | Maryland vs Northwestern
    Play on: Maryland PK -110 at pinnacle

The line is moving here in favor of Maryland and I strongly agree with this move. This is a very difficult spot for Northwestern who blew nearly a 30 point lead against Michigan St and lost by 5. That for sure ended any tournament chances for this team. Maryland however has played themselves back into the mix even though they sit at 7-9 in conference play. They only have two games left so two wins would put them at 9-9 in conference play and get serious consideration. Terps get the job done tonight.

Jack Jones

NCAA-B | Maryland vs Northwestern
    Play on: Northwestern -1½ -102 at 5Dimes

Jack’s Free Pick Monday: Northwestern -1.5
    Off three straight losses, including a huge blown lead to Michigan State last time out, the Northwestern Wildcats will be highly motivated for a victory at home tonight. They are 11-4 at home this season and should handle their business against Maryland.
    Adding to the motivation of the Wildcats is the fact that they just lost 57-73 at Maryland on February 10th just over a week ago. They will be out for revenge in the rematch and should be able to get it against a Maryland team that has gone just 1-8 in true road games this season. Their only road win this year came by a single point at Illinois by a final of 92-91 back in early December.
    Northwestern is 14-4 ATS vs. teams who force 12 or fewer turnovers per game over the last three seasons. The Wildcats are 12-3 ATS in home games vs. good shooting teams that make 45% of their shots or better over the last two years. The Wildcats are a perfect 6-0 ATS off two or more consecutive losses over the last two seasons. Bet Northwestern Monday.

Mark Wilson

Feb 19 '18, 9:00 PM in 3h
    NCAA-B | Oklahoma vs Kansas
    Play on: UNDER 165½ -105

under +165½