Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Thursday 8/5/21 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Sean Murphy

Aug 05 '21, 8:30 PM in 1h
    CFL | Hamilton vs Winnipeg
    Play on: Hamilton -3½ -101 at pinnacle

Thursday CFL Free play. My selection is on Hamilton minus the points over Winnipeg at 8:30 pm et on Thursday.

I'll be honest, at first glance, I liked the Blue Bombers grabbing north of a field goal in their home opener as they begin defense of the 2019 Grey Cup title (finally). But after further consideration, I believe the Tiger-Cats are favored for a reason here and now that the line has dropped to a field goal, I'll lay the points with the Tabbies.

Hamilton was for all intents and purposes the CFL's best team in 2019. That was until the Grey Cup title game, when it buckled under Winnipeg's defensive pressure and went out with a whimper. Here, I look for the Ti-Cats to gain an ounce of revenge.

Both teams are dealing with some key injuries. However, I like the continuity on Hamilton's side with Jeremiah Masoli back under center running the same offense he's become comfortable with in recent years. On the flip side, Winnipeg QB Zach Collaros, who has missed plenty of time due to injuries in recent years, is dealing with a new offensive coordinator in Buck Pierce after Paul LaPolice bolted to take the Ottawa head coaching job.

While Hamilton lost a number of key cogs on the defensive side of the football, this is still an extremely talented, well-coached group led by elite LB Simoni Lawrence. This is certainly a matchup it can handle with Winnipeg missing its engine, RB Andrew Harris. I'll also point out that the Blue Bombers boast a below-average receiving corps as far as I'm concerned.

It's important to factor in special teams as well as the Ti-Cats have arguably the best ST unit in the entire league orchestrated by coach Jeff Reinebold. Hamilton's return game can flip the script on a dime and I certainly expect it to factor into the outcome on Thursday night. Take Hamilton.

Jim Feist

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, THURSDAY AUGUST 5, 2021
    8/05 04:10 PM PT / 7:10 PM ET

MLB (909) PITTSBURGH PIRATES VS (910) CINCINNATI REDS

Take: over

Roz Wins

ROZ Selections THURSDAY, August 5, 2021

FREE NFL
    101. Dal/Pit UNDER 33 (5 PT / 8 ET)

Sharp Bettor

SharpBettor FREE Play THURSDAY, AUGUST 5, 2021

FREE MLB
    5* 911. Braves -1.18 (5:15 PT / 8:15 ET)

Easy Money Sports

Lee's Free Thursday Selection Is
    Winnipeg +2½

The Last Call

Thursday's Free Play: Seattle Mariners + 185

Teyas Sports

FREE PICK 8/5 MLB LA ANGELS -106

Steve Merril

Event: (909) Pittsburgh Pirates at (910) Cincinnati Reds
    Sport/League: MLB (See all free MLB picks)
    Date/Time: August 5, 2021 7PM EDT
    Play: Cincinnati Reds -1.5 (-120) W Crowe (RHP), S Gray (RHP) Must Start
    The Reds are still playing hard as they are just four games behind the Padres in the NL for the final Wildcard spot. Cincinnati is a powerful offensive team which makes covering the -1.5 runline more likely tonight. The Reds have scored at least 5+ runs or more in 11 of their past 12 games, while the offensively challenged Pirates have scored 3 runs or less in 7 of their past 10 games.

The Prez

Event: (101) Dallas Cowboys at (102) Pittsburgh Steelers
    Sport/League: NFL (See all free NFL picks)
    Date/Time: August 5, 2021 8PM EDT
    Play: Total Under 33.0 (-120)
    101 Dallas Cowboys at 102 Pittsburgh Steelers -2, 33

After a one-year hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic, preseason pigskin and the Hall of Fame game return to our football reality on Thursday night.
    The Dallas Cowboys and the Pittsburgh Steelers featured attractions in the 2021 NFL Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio.

Pittsburgh is coming off a 12-4 season in which it won its first 11 games and captured the AFC North title. Dallas went 6-10 in Mike McCarthy's first year as head coach and looked to reverse their fortunes a year ago and become postseason relative.

Cowboys' quarterback Dak Prescott has been ruled out of Thursday night's contest. Prescott and 15 other Dallas players didn't make the trip to Canton for the game. The Steelers, despite starting 11-0 last season, have abandoned the 2020 playbook and introduced new offensive coordinator Matt Canada and his new scheme. The Free Pick for the Hall of Fame game is Under the Total of 33 points.

Bobby Ligs

Event: (101) Dallas Cowboys at (102) Pittsburgh Steelers
    Sport/League: NFL (See all free NFL picks)
    Play: Pittsburgh Steelers -1.0 (-125)

Dwayne Bryant

Event: (921) Kansas City Royals at (922) Chicago White Sox
    Play: 1H Chicago White Sox -0.5 (-125) D Lynch (LHP), D Keuchel (LHP) Must Start

Gianni the Greek

Event: (921) Kansas City Royals at (922) Chicago White Sox
    Play: Total Under 9.5 (-110) D Lynch (LHP), D Keuchel (LHP) Must Start

Andrew McInnis

Event: (671) Hamilton Tigercats at (672) Winnipeg Blue Bombers
    Sport/League: CFL (See all free CFL picks)
    Play: Hamilton Tigercats -140
    #671 Hamilton Tigercats -140

The 2021 CFL season opens up with a Grey Cup rematch from the 2019 season. The TigerCats are on the road against the Blue Bombers.
    Before the numbers were even out, I had a plan to take a look at Hamilton in some way, shape or form. However, when I saw them open up as -3.5 favourites, I wanted to dive a bit deeper and confirm injury reports on both sides to decide how I wanted to approach the side.
    Hamilton is an incredibly talented team on both sides of the ball, they'll have their #1 QB Jeremiah Masoli back, and they are the healthier team.
    Winnipeg will be without their star Canadian running back, Andrew Harris and a great receiver Davaris Daniels who's been great for the Bombers. Missing those two guys will hurt the Bombers in their home opener and give an edge to the Motivated Tiger-Cats.
    Some might say that since it's been a year since the CFL has had game-play, it would be hard for a team like Hamilton to keep their motivation level high along with being anxious to get revenge. Still, many of the quotes I've seen from Ti-Cat players have proven to me that they are ready to go and start their season on a big note.
    “I think some of the guys that was there in the past probably use it as a little bit of motivation, but we try to put that in the past. It’s a new year, new team, new opportunity,” said Banks. “Some people use it as a chip on their shoulder, some people don’t. Obviously with me being the competitor I am, I’m going to use it as a chip on my shoulder.”
    “I’m excited,” said Banks regarding the league’s long layoff. “It’s been a long time — a year-and-a-half off without playing a real game. Obviously our last taste of a real game didn’t go our way, so I’m very anxious to get back out there, especially against the last opponent that we played.”
    These are quotes from Hamilton star receiver Brandon Banks, speaking on their motivation and anxiousness to get revenge for their Grey Cup loss.
    Look for Hamilton to get the job done and outlast the injury-riddled Blue Bombers.