2* Parlay: Michigan -325 ml / Washington Capitals -250 -120

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar
    Tom Stryker

15-2 ATS NCAA Elite Info Bowl Best Bet

Ohio State

Joe D'Amico

5* Michigan -7.5

My friends, for once, there is no questioning the Final Four teams that made this year’s College Football Playoffs. Normally, we’re engulfed in controversy about teams that made it and specific teams that should’ve made it. That’s not the case this season. And I expect the Peach Bowl between Ohio State and Georgia is a highly anticipated matchup, as well as this game that I’m going to talk about, the Fiesta Bowl between Texas Christian and Michigan. Both teams certainly deserve to be here. The Horned Frogs possess a 12-1 mark, with their only defeat coming in the Big 12 Championship game at the hands of the Wildcats. At 13-0, the Wolverines have already set a school record for most victories in a season. They’re also looking to finish undefeated for the first time since 1997, when they won a share of the National Championship, back then when the polls decided it.

Guys, I’m not going to get into a considerable debate over my next item, but I don’t think anyone would question the fact that the Big Ten is a bit stronger than the Big 12. The Big 12 is chock-full of offenses that can light up the scoreboard. However, the Big Ten is made up of good, well-balanced offenses, along with defenses that could shut down opponents’ offenses. TCU‘s schedule this season had quite a few problems with opponents like Oklahoma State, Texas, and even Baylor. And as we all saw in the December 3 Big 12 Title game, Kansas State really took it to them as quarterback Max Duggan, and the offense looked very vulnerable. As far as Michigan goes, they didn’t have too many close games this season. As a matter of fact, the only opponent that gave them a tough time the entire campaign was Illinois. But as we came to find out, the Fighting Illini’s defense was the real deal.

Speaking of that loss to the Wildcats, the very smart head coach, Jim Harbaugh, and his staff watched the game tapes of that contest and will take a page out of it as to how to slow down the quarterback and the rushing attack. Granted, the Horned Frogs' offense is equally good on the ground and in the air, resulting in scoring 40.3 points per game. However, they haven’t faced a defense like they’re going to face here this week. The Wolverine stop unit ranks fifth nationally, allowing just 13.4 points per game, and was equally tough against the rush as well as a pass. They will shut down the ground game of TCU, as did Kansas State. Thus, putting more pressure on Duggan, throwing a lot of different schemes at him and a lot of blitzes.

Trust me when I tell you they will force him to make mistakes here in this game. Defensively, the Horned Frogs leave a lot to be desired. Overall, they give up 25.0 points per game. They rank 83rd against the pass and 64th against the rush. Well, I’ve got to tell you, the Michigan offense is so deep and so talented they will keep their opponents' “D” off-balanced this entire game and backpedaling. Come the second half, the TCU defense will gasp for air. I know Blake Corum is out. But backup running back Donovan Edwards is outstanding. He tallied 872 yards rushing, averaging 7.5 yards per rush, and seven touchdowns. Just against the mighty Ohio State defense a month ago, the ball carrier rushed for 216 yards and two touchdowns. He then put up 185 yards on the ground and another touchdown in the Big 12 Championship against Purdue.

The Wolverines will exploit the Horned Frogs' weaknesses on defense. Furthermore, they will keep that defense on the field and the TCU offense off it, resulting in their “O” not getting into any rhythm at all. And as I mentioned earlier, the Horned Frogs have yet to face a defense as complete, talented, and ferocious as they will face here against the Wolverines. TCU is 3-7 ATS in the last 10 Bowl games and 4-11 in the last 15 neutral site games. Michigan is 5-2 ATS in the last seven non-conference games and 19-7-1 ATS in the last 27 overall games. Take the Wolverines.

Thank you.

The Insiders Room

10* Michigan -9

This is a 10% CFB PLAYOFF on Michigan.

Michigan is just too good on both sides of the ball. Jim Harbough has changed the narrative about his coaching career here over the last two years and I expect him to keep the perfect record alive.

Michigan averaged over 40 PPG, and allowed just over 13.

Max Duggan is a good QB, and while I believe he'll be able to move the ball and get some points, ultimatley down the stretch the balance that the Wolverines bring to the table will be just too much for TCU to handle.

The Wolverines ability to stop the run will prove to be a big difference-maker. McCarthy and Edwards have been unstoppable for Michigan, and I expect them to deliver here.

Lay the points, the play is MICHIGAN.

Good luck, NP

JM Sports

2* Ohio State-Georgia over 62

Your Daily Capper

CFB
    2* TCU +8
    1* Ohio State +6

CBB
    1* Wyoming +3