Brian W. Spencer's Daily Picks

Mahoning Valley - Race #4
Picks Notes
#1 Blazing Zenna Been a bit since she won a race, but she has been regularly facing better than what she's going to find here, and it wouldn't be a shock to see her wake up with a little bit of class relief today. There are a couple races on the page that might do the job.
#2 Awildas Treasure Forward player might be tough to reel in while cutting the price tag a little bit for this one, but I just wouldn't be that confident sitting here at any kind of modest price. Still, she could roll.
#4 Iyiyi She has some route pace to keep 'Treasure honest in the early going, and but she doesn't usually offer much response when confronted. Wouldn't be a total shock, but I think a few things have to go right for her to land this.
Race Summary Blazing Zenna drops in fairly dull form, but I think a couple of the other logical players are suspect enough to take a shot with the one who has been racing at the highest levels over the last year.
Mahoning Valley - Race #5
Picks Notes
#8 Stormed Out There is enough pace lined up inside of him to think that a repeat of his last trip might work in his favor. He has struggled against some of these in the past and needed a class drop to graduate last out, but I think his last keeps him in the frame if he can bring it again today.
#2 Mails Here He started to put things together a couple starts back and has a big claim on this if he can maintain that recent form, but I have a mild worry that his style is going to lead to at least a mildly tricky trip.
#6 Romanian Prince Took him several tries to get over the top, but he beat a special weight group for the first score and doesn't seem overmatched right back.
Race Summary Fun race where Stormed Out might be able to spy the pace and avoid an early battle, but I think you can also find a little late appeal in #4 Whiskey Helps. I also really like the race #3 Kinderhook exits.
Mahoning Valley - Race #8
Picks Notes
#1 Gold Honey Wouldn't be shocked to see her win right back in a spot where there is a decent bit of pace and pressing heat lined up outside of her, and she might be able to relax on the fence and watch it all unfold.
#7 Bodil The draw might help her out a little bit to serve as the outside prompting pace, and she's got super reliable form over the local footing. Enough to like.
#3 Sweet Unique Tactical pace is probably the one to beat with a trip that might leave her out of the early pace while still giving her the jump on the top choice. Obvious player.
Race Summary Gold Honey's last was solid, and I think she might get another good race flow today to show up late and land this.