Thread: Thursday 3/28/24 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Service Play Moderator Can'tPickAWinner's Avatar

Thursday 3/28/24 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Brian W. Spencer's Daily Picks

Mahoning Valley - Race #4
    Picks Notes
    #1 Blazing Zenna Been a bit since she won a race, but she has been regularly facing better than what she's going to find here, and it wouldn't be a shock to see her wake up with a little bit of class relief today. There are a couple races on the page that might do the job.
    #2 Awildas Treasure Forward player might be tough to reel in while cutting the price tag a little bit for this one, but I just wouldn't be that confident sitting here at any kind of modest price. Still, she could roll.
    #4 Iyiyi She has some route pace to keep 'Treasure honest in the early going, and but she doesn't usually offer much response when confronted. Wouldn't be a total shock, but I think a few things have to go right for her to land this.
    Race Summary Blazing Zenna drops in fairly dull form, but I think a couple of the other logical players are suspect enough to take a shot with the one who has been racing at the highest levels over the last year.
    Mahoning Valley - Race #5
    Picks Notes
    #8 Stormed Out There is enough pace lined up inside of him to think that a repeat of his last trip might work in his favor. He has struggled against some of these in the past and needed a class drop to graduate last out, but I think his last keeps him in the frame if he can bring it again today.
    #2 Mails Here He started to put things together a couple starts back and has a big claim on this if he can maintain that recent form, but I have a mild worry that his style is going to lead to at least a mildly tricky trip.
    #6 Romanian Prince Took him several tries to get over the top, but he beat a special weight group for the first score and doesn't seem overmatched right back.
    Race Summary Fun race where Stormed Out might be able to spy the pace and avoid an early battle, but I think you can also find a little late appeal in #4 Whiskey Helps. I also really like the race #3 Kinderhook exits.
    Mahoning Valley - Race #8
    Picks Notes
    #1 Gold Honey Wouldn't be shocked to see her win right back in a spot where there is a decent bit of pace and pressing heat lined up outside of her, and she might be able to relax on the fence and watch it all unfold.
    #7 Bodil The draw might help her out a little bit to serve as the outside prompting pace, and she's got super reliable form over the local footing. Enough to like.
    #3 Sweet Unique Tactical pace is probably the one to beat with a trip that might leave her out of the early pace while still giving her the jump on the top choice. Obvious player.
    Race Summary Gold Honey's last was solid, and I think she might get another good race flow today to show up late and land this.

Frank Carulli's Daily Picks

Gulfstream Park - Race #1
    Picks Notes
    #7 CHILLING FACTOR (15-1) Improved in well-bet try on turf, worth price shot on return to all-weather track.
    #1 NIGHTSABER (2-1) Got first run, ran second in race dominated by closers, makes third start of cycle.
    #2 FAST KIMMIE (6-5) Dueled through soft fractions in five-horse failed as beaten fave, adds blinkers.
    Race Summary CHILLING FACTOR chased the clear 3-to-1 pace setter to the stretch before two of the favorites passed by them both. She drew a lot of betting attention in that turf route race on the class drop and earned her top speed figure with second-time Lasix. Play 7-1, 7-2 and 1-7 exactas.
    Gulfstream Park - Race #2
    Picks Notes
    #3 WARLORD CRUZAN (7-2) Good finish and gallop out in prior 5-1/2F try, bumped in follow-up starts.
    #5 GEPARD (3-5) Takes catching again, short price again in his third try at this level.
    #6 GONE NUTS (6-1) No match for Gepard after bumpy starts and 4-wide trips in last pair.
    Race Summary GEPARD will take some catching at odds-on, but he blew three clear leads in a row as the favorite. WARLORD CRUZAN finished 2-1/4 lengths behind GEPARD at this distance but he finished with good energy and continued strong on the gallop out. Bet on WARLORD CRUZAN to win and place.
    Gulfstream Park - Race #4
    Picks Notes
    #7 TRAVEL HAPPY (8-5) Ranged up on fleet-footed fave for stretch drive, caught for second in debut.
    #5 TAKE THE COOKIES (6-1) Contended to stretch in pair of turf routes, shortens up on switch to dirt.
    #1 REVOLU (12-1) Awakened with Lasix, led long way at 18-1, draws rail again in shorter sprint.
    Race Summary TRAVEL HAPPY stalked the winning favorite, had dead aim on the lead in mid-stretch and flattened out to finish third in a well-bet debut. She should live up to favoritism with a move forward off that effort. Let’s make her today’s Best Bet.

F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Aqueduct

PURCHASE
    Aqueduct - Race 6
    Exacta ($1), Trifecta (.50), Super (.10), Double ($1) 6 &7, Pick 3 ($1) (6-8)
    Maiden Claiming $30,000 • 6 Furlongs • Dirt • Ages 3 and up CR: 70 • Purse: $36,000 • Post: 4:00P
    FOR MAIDENS, THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD FOALED IN NEW YORK STATE AND APPROVED BY THE NEW YORK STATE-BRED REGISTRY. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 125 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $30,000 (1.5% AFTERCARE ASSESSMENT DUE AT TIME OF CLAIM OTHERWISE CLAIM WILL BE VOID)(IF NO THREE YEAR OLDS ARE ENTERED, STARTING WEIGHT SHALL BE 122 LBS).
    Contenders
    Race Analysis
    P#
    Horse
    Morn
    Line
    Accept
    Odds

Race Type: Lone Stalker. ENGLISH STORM is the Lone Stalker of the race, but has been deemed a non-contender due to a low Platinum Figure or other overall low ratings. * KEY ANGLES * VAUNTED: Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating. Horse h as the highest average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. Today is a sprint and the horse is carrying at least 120 lbs. THE MIGHTY DON: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. Horse ranks in the top three in average E quibase Class Rating at the distance/surface. Today is a sprint and the horse is carrying at least 120 lbs.
    VAUNTED
    7/2
    7/2
    THE MIGHTY DON
    4/1
    5/1

P#
    Horse (In Running Style Order)
    Line
    Running Style
    Good
    Class
    Good
    Speed
    Early Figure
    Finish Figure
    Platinum
    Figure
    THE MIGHTY DON
    4/1
    Front-runner
    VAUNTED
    7/2
    Front-runner
    HEY TOBY
    3/1
    Front-runner
    ENGLISH STORM
    10/1
    Alternator/Stalker
    QOROKWE
    6/1
    Trailer
    SOMAMA BEACH
    20/1
    Alternator/Non-contender
    BINGOOD TO KNOWYA
    5/1
    Alternator/Non-contender
    GO GRAD
    8/1
    Alternator/Non-contender
    1A
    MORTGAGE RATE
    8/1
    Alternator/Non-contender
    ONOFRIO
    20/1
    Alternator/Non-contender

F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Remington ParkPURCHASE

Remington Park - Race 4
    WPS / Exacta / Trifecta (.50 Cent Minimum) / Superfecta (.10 Cent Minimum) Pick 3 (Races 4-5-6) (.50 Cent Minimum)
    Claiming $30,000 • 350 Yards • Dirt • Ages 3 and up CR: 77 • Purse: $17,500 • Post: 7:21P
    QUARTER HORSE 350Y, FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON THREE RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 124 LBS.; OLDER, 126 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $30,000.
    Contenders
    Race Analysis
    P#
    Horse
    Morn
    Line
    Accept
    Odds

Race Type: Not Applicable (Quarter Horse). * KEY ANGLES * RB EC MYSTERY ZOOM: Horse has a TrackMaster "B" designation. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. ALWAYS INTERESTING: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Pow er Rating. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Class Rating at the distance/surface. TOBY DALE: Quarter Horse has a Fast Break Style designation and no horse in a post position next to it gets out of the gate fast. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. SWEET ZULU: Horse has the highest average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. Horse has the highest average Equibase Class Rating at the distance/surface.
    RB EC MYSTERY ZOOM
    10/1
    5/1
    ALWAYS INTERESTING
    7/2
    6/1
    TOBY DALE
    9/2
    7/1
    SWEET ZULU
    15/1
    9/1

P#
    Horse (In Running Style Order)
    Line
    Running Style
    Good
    Class
    Good
    Speed
    Early Figure
    Finish Figure
    Platinum
    Figure
    RB EC MYSTERY ZOOM
    10/1
    Average
    DIAMOND TALES
    5/2
    Average
    CONDONED
    8/1
    Average
    SHESA KATS MEOW
    10/1
    Average
    FAMOUS PAINTED WAGON
    15/1
    Average
    ALWAYS INTERESTING
    7/2
    Slow
    TOBY DALE
    9/2
    Fast
    PFR COOPSBESTPROJECT
    6/1
    Average
    SWEET ZULU
    15/1
    Average

Handicapped by The Walker Group at Turf Paradise

PURCHASE
    Always check program numbers.
    Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 9 - Claiming - 7.5f on the Turf. Purse: $16500 Class Rating: 85

(RAIL AT ABOUT FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON THREE RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE SINCE FEBRUARY 28 ALLOWED 2 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $8,500. ARIZONA BRED CLAIMING PRICE $10,000.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
    # 5 HEIR (FR) 3/1
    # 9 MOUNTAIN BREEZE 8/1
    # 8 EL CAPRICHO 20/1

HEIR (FR) should be supported as the bet in here. Has been travelling soundly and has among the most favorable speed in the race for today's distance. Tough to pass on this gelding with Espinoza in the saddle. With a decent 87 speed figure last time out, will clearly be a factor in this contest. MOUNTAIN BREEZE - Ran a strong last race. Has very good Equibase Class Figures relative to this group of horses in this race - worth a look. EL CAPRICHO - Will make a strong outing versus this field of horses.

Handicapped by The Walker Group at Sunland Park

PURCHASE
    Always check program numbers.
    Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 7 - Maiden Claiming - 5.5f on the Dirt. Purse: $21000 Class Rating: 52

FOR REGISTERED NEW MEXICO BRED MAIDENS, FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. THREE YEAR OLDS, 121 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $15,000.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
    # 2 CHAMA STORM 7/2
    # 6 ZAPPIN 9/2
    # 3 SHE MYSTERIOUS 9/2

I like CHAMA STORM here. Must be given consideration - I like the numbers from the last outing. ZAPPIN - This filly must be given a chance just off the earnings per start in dirt sprint races alone. Horses who have been prepared to race at this distance and surface by Chavez have shown sharp results recently.

Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

PURCHASE

Turfway Park - Race #5 - Post: 7:55pm - Maiden Special - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $70,000 Class Rating: 81

Rating:

#4 UNDER ADVISEMENT (ML=7/2)
    #2 LIPOCHROME (ML=8/1)
    #3 SUNDANCE FEATURE (ML=6/1)

UNDER ADVISEMENT - I like the case that this filly's last speed rating, 82, is tops in this bunch. Rider hops up on board after getting to know the horse by riding last time out. That's always a good thing. This filly is number one in (EPS) earnings per start. Take a good look at this horse before the race. LIPOCHROME - The Brain taught me this angle. Watch for animals that show good early speed, drop back, then run evenly with a stretch run. I have to figure that this shorter trip should help this mare. Coming off a fourth place finish at Turfway Park, some may pass on this horse. I'm not. She just missed hitting the show spot, and has pretty decent morning odds today. Torres is hoping to get a little more out of this mare by adding blinkers today. SUNDANCE FEATURE - A first time starter with this handler. Drury wins a 25 pct of the time in these here situations. Filly is a first time starter whose last three works were on this track. Drury adds Lasix to this one today. I'd look for a chance at a big improvement. This dam (Kinsey) has had solid success with first out winners, cashing 50 pct of the time.

Vulnerable Contenders: #1 DEE MINUS (ML=3/1), #5 LIFFEY (ML=9/2),

DEE MINUS - February 29th is the last time we've seen this filly around. Have to be a little bit leery. LIFFEY - This filly hasn't been showing me anything in the last couple of efforts. The speed rating last time around the track doesn't fit very well in this race when I look at the Equibase class figure of today's race. Mark this entrant as a vulnerable contender.

STRAIGHT WAGERS: Put your money on #4 UNDER ADVISEMENT on the nose if you can get odds of 3/1 or more
    EXACTA WAGERS: 4 with [2,3]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
    Box [2,3,4] Total Cost: $6
    SUPERFECTA WAGERS: [2,3,4] with [2,3,4] with [2,3,4,10,11] with [2,3,4,10,11] Total Cost: $36

Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

PURCHASE

Mahoning Valley Race Course - Race #1 - Post: 12:55pm - Claiming - 5.5 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $11,100 Class Rating: 78

Rating:

#1 COWGIRL KIMMIE (ML=3/1)

COWGIRL KIMMIE - Ran a less than stellar race at Mahoning Valley Race Cour last time out. Racing without the slop puts this mare at the top of my list of contenders.

Vulnerable Contenders: #5 OUT ATTHE SPEEDWAY (ML=9/5), #3 FRANKLY MY DEAR (ML=2/1), #2 SWEET BELEN (ML=7/2),

OUT ATTHE SPEEDWAY - The speed rating last time around the track doesn't fit very well in this race when I look at the class rating of today's event. Mark this horse as a likely underlay. FRANKLY MY DEAR - I can't play this perpetual non-winner. Gets the assignment finished infrequently. This mount ran a most unsatisfactory speed rating in the last race. She shouldn't run much better and will likely get beat today running that rating. SWEET BELEN - This vulnerable equine ran a quite unimpressive fig last time around the track. She shouldn't run much better and will likely get beat in today's race running that rating.

STRAIGHT WAGERS: Put your money on #1 COWGIRL KIMMIE on the nose if you can get odds of 1/1 or more
    EXACTA WAGERS: Pass

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
    Skip
    SUPERFECTA WAGERS: Skip