Brian W. Spencer's Daily Picks

Keeneland - Race #9
Picks Notes
#7 Semantics She showed a little bit of life when showing up at Turfway last time out, and she might have some upside in the second start off the bench. Tighter today with a tactical trip waiting?
#4 Risk Threshold She's probably supposed to be tough for a top team off the Gulfstream debut run, and she might be a bit more tactical with a clean getaway.
#10 Dona Witch She might still have something more to offer in this third career start, and she has been drilling steadily ahead of this third career start. Some appeal.
Race Summary Semantics might be able to move forward off the last one, and I'm not sure this is the deepest special weight of the season. Get a look at the debuters down near the fence.
Keeneland - Race #6
Picks Notes
#1 Rock N Roll Bolt He's capable of something better than he showed last time out when a distant third, and I could see him finding a good spot while tucked inside or just behind the guy outside of him. In the mix early.
#7 Dragoon Guard Tactical type ran well in the debut last fall, and he's probably a big threat off the bench today at a likely short price.
#2 Lake Superior Speed might like the move around one turn with that cutback route pace, but he tends to stop hard in the lane, and I wouldn't be too confident that he'll see this out.
Race Summary Rock N Roll Bolt might offer a decent enough price with Dragoon Guard and Lake Superior likely to take some cash, and I'd love to see him find a spot in the pocket.
Keeneland - Race #8
Picks Notes
#7 Powerful There are some decent sprint lines on his page, and he might be in a great spot in behind the more committed pace players. His form looks hit or miss at first glance, but there are a lot of stakes excuses built in.
#9 Champlin She has flashed some serious talent through two sharp scores in New Orleans, but I worry she's going to be in for a battle today with with a few other pace players waiting for her. High-ceiling player.
#4 Ready to Pounce He is an honest enough finisher to think he might be able to get past a lot of these late if the pace heats up. Some price appeal.
Race Summary Powerful gets the edge in a competitive race -- think a handful of these could win. His style might leave him spying the pace in an advantageous spot.